Advertisement

I'm watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 404 posts

Re: I'm watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Postby avengingtitan » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:27 pm

MistaT wrote:Just finished season 3. Its a really good show, I like it. I thought the season finale with the mayor was a bit anti climatic, but other than that I have enjoyed everything else.

Question. Now that Angel has left is this where his series starts and do I need to watch the two at the same time or will I be fine with continuing with Buffy until I can get Angel downloaded? can they be watched seperately?

Yes. There is no need to watch both but you should. They do cross over a few times but nothing that requires you to watch both of those.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

Advertisement

David Bird
phrase IV

Liked in: 43 posts

Postby David Bird » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:41 pm

You need to during the first season of Angel and fourth season of Buffy--there are a few crossover episodes, but after that they were on separate networks and steered clear of each other.

MistaT
penile prisoner

Liked in: 12 posts
Title: ThreadKilla

Postby MistaT » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:29 pm

David Bird wrote:You need to during the first season of Angel and fourth season of Buffy--there are a few crossover episodes, but after that they were on separate networks and steered clear of each other.

Crap that was what I was woried about. I don't know when I am going to be able to get Angel. :?

MistaT
penile prisoner

Postby MistaT » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:31 pm

avengingtitan wrote:Yes. There is no need to watch both but you should. They do cross over a few times but nothing that requires you to watch both of those.

I definitely want to watch both, I mainly wanted to know if I needed to watch them at the same time due to crossovers.

Are the crossovers "true crossovers" or more just one acknowledging events in the other?

David Bird
phrase IV

Liked in: 43 posts

Postby David Bird » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:36 pm

No, there's more than one. One of them is pretty trivial, but another is an important arc for Faith.

My wife and I started watching these again, but we stalled out. I'm still thinking of jumping to season 5 of Buffy and then leaving it at that.

xshane666x
Mad Hatter

Liked in: 1 post

Postby xshane666x » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:24 pm

David Bird wrote:No, there's more than one. One of them is pretty trivial, but another is an important arc for Faith.

My wife and I started watching these again, but we stalled out. I'm still thinking of jumping to season 5 of Buffy and then leaving it at that.

Whaaaaaaaa???? No, "Once more with feeling"???

xshane666x
Mad Hatter

Liked in: 1 post

Postby xshane666x » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:25 pm

David Bird wrote:No, there's more than one. One of them is pretty trivial, but another is an important arc for Faith.

Whaaaaaaaa???? No, "Once more with feeling"???

MistaT
penile prisoner

Postby MistaT » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:27 pm

About mid way through season 5. I'm really enjoying the Glory/Dawn storyline.

Glad that Riley is gone, and poor Spike. :-(
I wasn't sure how I felt about them nueturing him because he was such a great villain, but he has turned into such a sympathetic character that I think I like him more now.

MistaT
penile prisoner

Postby MistaT » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:14 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Joyce just died. That was the saddest episode of any show I have ever seen in my life. :cry:

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 277 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:04 am

As far as Spike goes, the best is yet to come. And yeah, 'The Body' is heartbreaking. Anya's meltdown gets me every time.

3MJ

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby 3MJ » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:54 am

I'm watching it with my girlfriend. I thought she wouldn't appreciate the pop culture references and the dated look, but she's really enjoying it. We're half way through season 3. Can't wait to start on Angel.

Herald
Fagorstorm

Liked in: 405 posts
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Postby Herald » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:56 am

MistaT wrote:Glad that Riley is gone, and poor Spike. :-(
I wasn't sure how I felt about them nueturing him because he was such a great villain, but he has turned into such a sympathetic character that I think I like him more now.

Yeah, the changeover is so striking that TV Tropes used to call the Badass Decay trope "Spikeification". :P

MistaT
penile prisoner

Postby MistaT » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:40 am

Finished season 4 and went immeadiately into 5, cuz there was no way I couldn't wait. Season 4 was by far the best of the series (so far) and 5 is off to a really great start. Buff's revelation to Spike about her being torn from heaven was powerful. You knew something was wrong with her ( "jet lag from Hell" as Anya said) but when she told Spike about finding peace and having to once again live with the pain of life...really deep stuff.

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 277 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:27 am

Wait: you mean you finished Season 5 and are now on to six, right?

MistaT
penile prisoner

Postby MistaT » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:19 am

nietoperz wrote:Wait: you mean you finished Season 5 and are now on to six, right?

Yeah, that was it. :oops:

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum