Advertisement

Green Lantern #19 (Let's rewind a few seconds Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: Shitlord

Green Lantern #19 (Let's rewind a few seconds Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:37 am

For a title that was once the biggest thing going at DC, if not superhero comics as a whole, Green Lantern hardly seems to get discussed at all anymore. There was a brief flurry when Simon Baz was first revealed, but since then… not much. Maybe it’s because the titles have been on constant crossover for like 2 years, or maybe it’s just DC being kind of crap lately, but it just seems like Green Lantern has been forgotten. Which is kind of a shame, because the title has actually been pretty good. Johns’ man-love Sinestro finally has a place now that the character is a sort of hero, and Simon Baz is a cool new character. This issue was the Sinestro show, as the First Lantern comes in and does his usual alternate reality schtick, showing some intriguing possible paths that Sinestro could have taken. This thing has been a bit repetitive, as he’s done it to pretty much everyone, Guy Gardner, John Stewart, Kyle Rayner, Carol Ferris, Saint Walker, even fucking Larfleeze, and it had the same result. But this is the last time, and something actually happens, he gains full reality-altering powers and blows up Korugar, which of course pisses of Sinestro no end. It looks like Sinestro will decisively go bad next month and return to the Yellow. But what’s the deal with Hal? Is he going to become a Black Lantern? We know he’s going to be the main GL for Venditti’s run, what’s the deal. And Simon Baz hasn’t really done much lately either. There’s a lot left for Johns to wrap up and I’m interested to see how he ends things. His run has been infuriating to me at times, but to be on one title for so long is a great achievement.

Advertisement

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: Green Lantern #19 (Let's rewind a few seconds Spoilers)

Postby Grayson » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:48 am

Nice to see you doing these reviews again Punchy, even if I haven't agreed with some of them.

Honestly, at the end of the day I am glad that I decided to stick aroud while Geoff Johns played with his new toy. The past several months of this book have been pretty annoying to me. I still don't really care for Simon Baz but it looks like Hal Jordan will be back in control next month, Sinestro will have one last hurrah, and then we will get an all new direction from an all new creative team the following month.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:55 am

Grayson wrote:Nice to see you doing these reviews again Punchy, even if I haven't agreed with some of them.

Cheers!

It's good to be back.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 9 posts

Postby Draco x » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:53 pm

I do agree with this review here. I really believe Johns wants the GL books to be in the same vein as Star Wars which obviously is not working out.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand