Advertisement

Indestructible Hulk #6 (HULK... WORTHY! Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Indestructible Hulk #6 (HULK... WORTHY! Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:12 am

So far I’ve been enjoying Waid’s run on Hulk without loving it. The idea of SHIELD using Hulk as a weapon is really clever, but it hasn’t really clicked for me. This issue was a step in the right direction, but what else can you expect when you have Walt Simonson drawing a Thor guest-appearance. The man is the definitive Thor artist and whenever you get to see him draw the character smash up some Frost Giants it’s a good time. I also like how Waid is plunging Hulk right into the Marvel Universe and having him take on threats that he wouldn’t normally. We’ve seen him take on Attuma and AIM, and now it’s Frost Giants. Just like with Daredevil, this new cast of foes has been a refreshing change of pace. I love Abomination and Leader and all them, but there’s only so many times you can go to that well. Another plus here is that Waid is starting to really explore the 4 lab assistants Banner has, they have just been kind of there until now, but now that we know that each of them has a secret, the title has some subplots that can keep on bubbling for a nice long while. But really, this comic is all about seeing Simonson draw Thor (and classic look Thor at that) and about the pure, fanboy joy at seeing Hulk pick up Mjolnir. It’s a big, dumb moment, but it’s amazing nonetheless.

Advertisement

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1 post
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: Indestructible Hulk #6 (HULK... WORTHY! Spoilers)

Postby Grayson » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:12 pm

A small, interesting fact that may be overlooked but we have yet another Marvel book with a time travel story going on. No wonder Kang is starting to get involved over in Uncanny Avengers, dudes pissed that everybody is stealing his gimmick!

Anyways, this issue was a lot of fun. Simonson gets away with drawing classic Thor because it really is classic Thor. Banner leads his team on a expedition to Jotunheim in order to mine a rare mineral but doesn't know they have actually travelled into the distant past. They are joined by a Thor that doesn't recognize Banner but is still pretty lighthearted, and then ambushed by Frost Giants. I loved the end of the issue with the Hulk picking up Mjölnir. It's just a fun moment and I love the fact that it wasn't done so that the Hulk could defeat some undefeatable foe. It was done so that the Hulk can really cut loose on an army of Frost Giants and the battle should be spectacular!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:18 pm

So, let's compile a list of who other than Thor has picked up the Hammer:

Captain America
Beta-Ray Bill
Superman
Hulk
Red Hulk

Anyone else?

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1 post
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:33 pm

I don't think Red Hulk counts. Didn't he "lift" Mjölnir while they were in space? He cheated!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:43 pm

Grayson wrote:I don't think Red Hulk counts. Didn't he "lift" Mjölnir while they were in space? He cheated!

I say it counts, but only because I love Red Hulk.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 23 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:11 pm

Agree with your thoughts Punchy. i was never able to get into the Hulk. I don't care about the abomination or any of that crap, and the only time I remember liking the Hulk is during the Gray Hulk days back in the 80s or whatever, and Planet Hulk. I especially hate red hulks and she-hulks, etc. So Waid's different take is refreshing and actually interesting, and the HULK WORTHY thing was a great moment. I was about to give up on this book for lack of interest in the character but Waid's writing has kept me in it so far, and Simonson's art helped a lot this issue.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

IvCNuB4
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:18 pm

Punchy wrote:So, let's compile a list of who other than Thor has picked up the Hammer:

Captain America
Beta-Ray Bill
Superman
Hulk
Red Hulk

Anyone else?

-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:22 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:

Warrior Woman picks up the hammer? Is that in the next issue of Fearless Defenders?

IvCNuB4
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:24 pm

:lol:
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:25 pm

I feel like I would probably be worthy of picking up the hammer.

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:10 pm

May not be in Marvel continuity but I know of someone who has held that hammer. *whistles innocently*

:lol: 8)

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand