Advertisement

Justice League

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 967 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Justice League

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:20 pm

So i hadn't read this in a while, and just caught up last night. From Jim Lee to Tony Daniel, and then Daniel to Reis, I feel like the book has lost some of it's ASBARTBW appeal. At the same time, it's gotten less offensively bad. Unfortunately, not enough to actually become a good book. Now it's just mediocre. Disappointing. If you're gonna put out a bad Justice League book, you should at least have the courtesy to put out a REALLY BAD Justice League book so it's entertaining in that regard. What do the rest of you people who actually care about the DCU think? Has this gotten better for you with the Throne of Atlantis stuff?
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Advertisement

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: Shitlord

Re: Justice League

Postby Punchy » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:22 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:So i hadn't read this in a while, and just caught up last night. From Jim Lee to Tony Daniel, and then Daniel to Reis, I feel like the book has lost some of it's ASBARTBW appeal. At the same time, it's gotten less offensively bad. Unfortunately, not enough to actually become a good book. Now it's just mediocre. Disappointing. If you're gonna put out a bad Justice League book, you should at least have the courtesy to put out a REALLY BAD Justice League book so it's entertaining in that regard. What do the rest of you people who actually care about the DCU think? Has this gotten better for you with the Throne of Atlantis stuff?

They have, it's called Justice League Of America

ZING!

Nah, JLoA isn't that bad.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:23 pm

Punchy wrote:
They have, it's called Justice League Of America

ZING!

Nah, JLoA isn't that bad.

I feel like Johns' teenage fanfic style of writing was really complimented by Lee's stuck in the 90s artwork. The two together created this brilliant, emotionally stunted 90s throwback comic. It doesn't really work without Lee. Maybe they need to bring Liefeld back to save this book.

holtom2000
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 74 posts

Postby holtom2000 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:45 pm

I'm interested in seeing why people like this title as I was about as big a JL fan as there was and it really doesn't appeal to me - from the 90's art to them being dicks to one another to the inclusion of Cyborg to allllll the freaking splash pages Johns now relies on, this just isn't the JL product for moi

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 427 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:20 pm

Admittedly it got off to a rocky start, but it seems like Johns has gotten past whatever that was about. The dialogue and action beginning with the Atlantis arc have improved. A lot.
For the most part the member squabbles have calmed down and they seem to be working like an actual team now.

Jim Lee isn't on the title anymore so that shouldn't be an issue. Reis' work is always beautiful. That's a definite "plus".

Is this a perfect book yet ? No. But it's making noticeable improvements. And with new members coming in that should help shake things up for the better.
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:21 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Admittedly it got off to a rocky start, but it seems like Johns has gotten past whatever that was about. The dialogue and action beginning with the Atlantis arc have improved. A lot.
For the most part the member squabbles have calmed down and they seem to be working like an actual team now.

Jim Lee isn't on the title anymore so that shouldn't be an issue. Reis' work is always beautiful. That's a definite "plus".

Is this a perfect book yet ? No. But it's making noticeable improvements. And with new members coming in that should help shake things up for the better.

But I LIKED how bad it was. :(

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:28 pm

Jude Terror is stuck in the '90s.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 427 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:32 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote: What do the rest of you people who actually care about the DCU think? Has this gotten better for you with the Throne of Atlantis stuff?

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:But I LIKED how bad it was. :(

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to another episode of Outhouse DC-Bashing where we lure DC fans into a thread with the false curiosity of their opinions but then smack down any remotely positive response they post :lol:

Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 156 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:42 pm

Deleted
Last edited by Juan Cena on Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:43 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
I feel like Johns' teenage fanfic style of writing was really complimented by Lee's stuck in the 90s artwork. The two together created this brilliant, emotionally stunted 90s throwback comic. It doesn't really work without Lee. Maybe they need to bring Liefeld back to save this book.

Justice League is the Queefcore of comic books.

Except that Queffcore had its moments of brilliance.

- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:02 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to another episode of Outhouse DC-Bashing where we lure DC fans into a thread with the false curiosity of their opinions but then smack down any remotely positive response they post :lol:

I'm not. :lol:

I read it last night, and I agree, it's gotten much better.

I just think that's sad, because I LIKED that it was so juvenile and ridiculous in the beginning. You're talking to a guy who attests, to this day, that All Star Batman and Robin the Boy Wonder was the greatest comic of the last decade. This comic was, with Jim Lee, its spiritual successor. But now that it's improved, I feel it's lost that distinction.

Now it feels like the DC comics by Johns I read before, like Blackest Night or something. Keep in mind I was never a big DC guy, so I don't have the attachment to the characters that I do to Marvel characters. I like DC comics that are relatively accessible. I really liked 52, for instance.

Currently, I think All Star Western is one of the best books on the stands. I enjoy Demon Knights. Birds of Prey. Wonder Woman is fantastic. I was reading all the bat books but my interest has been killed by too many crossovers. I was enjoying Justice League Dark when I last read it, still have to catch up on that like I did Justice League.

Overall, I enjoy DC more post-reboot. I have no issues with their handling of continuity or anything like that because I don't care about it.

But Justice League... it was so bad, it was special. I mourn the loss of its badness.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:03 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
Justice League is the Queefcore of comic books.

Except that Queffcore had its moments of brilliance.

No it didn't. Justice League was way better.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:14 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
No it didn't. Justice League was way better.

Yes it did. Three words: Better Than Ezra.

- Sons of the Desert

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:15 pm

:smt011

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:15 pm

I don't know what Ezra is, but it must be a very low bar.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand