Sunday, December 4, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "The place to talk some shit."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Doctor Who Thread

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

David Bird

rubber spoon

Postby David Bird » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:43 pm

Hence the make-over.

Interesting thing about these characters is that they're shape-shifters. Is the Tenth Doctor really coming back...?

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:14 pm

David Bird wrote:Hence the make-over.

Interesting thing about these characters is that they're shape-shifters. Is the Tenth Doctor really coming back...?

There are pictures of 10's Tardis on set, so it's a good chance that it's the real deal and not his clone.

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:19 pm

Thank god.

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:25 pm

David Bird wrote:Hence the make-over.

I think we'll let Zygons be Zygons.

Lord Ice

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Lord Ice » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:11 pm

Chesscub wrote:
I think we'll let Zygons be Zygons.

But will there maybe be a cameo of the Loch Ness Monster? 8)

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:04 am

Lord Ice wrote:
But will there maybe be a cameo of the Loch Ness Monster? 8)

I loved the scene where Sarah Jane and Rose are trying to one up each other. And Sarah is like "The Loch Ness Monster!" and Rose goes "Really?"

Sunless

crash test dummy

Postby Sunless » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:28 pm

Wish me luck! Got a 2 day con I get to meet:

Janet Fielding
Peter Davison
Colin Baker
Sylvester McCoy
Paul Mcgann
John Leeson
Nicholas Briggs

Will share all the details sunday

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:38 pm

Sunless wrote:Wish me luck! Got a 2 day con I get to meet:

Janet Fielding
Peter Davison
Colin Baker
Sylvester McCoy
Paul Mcgann
John Leeson
Nicholas Briggs

in melbourne? where's that at?

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:48 pm

Ok, so is Christopher Eccleston,the 9th Doctor, the only one who dislike his time as the character? It interesting how I keep on running across bits and pieces about him and his time as the Doctor.

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:51 pm

Sunless wrote:Wish me luck! Got a 2 day con I get to meet:

Janet Fielding
Peter Davison
Colin Baker
Sylvester McCoy
Paul Mcgann
John Leeson
Nicholas Briggs

Very cool. I wish I could mail you my "Dr. Who: 25 Glorious Years" hardcover for you to get signatures for John Leeson and Nicholas Briggs. The color spread in the middle has a slew of autographs on it it from when a friend went to a convention a long time ago.

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:15 pm

For me, that was the weakest Matt Smith story so far.

I really dislike most the ones with wishy washy feelings-save-the-universe endings and this didn't really have much in the preceding minutes to suck me in.

Next week might be pretty awesome though, because if there's gonna be trouble at sea, then Davos Seaworth is obviously the man for the job.

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:03 pm

Zero wrote:For me, that was the weakest Matt Smith story so far.

I really dislike most the ones with wishy washy feelings-save-the-universe endings and this didn't really have much in the preceding minutes to suck me in.

Next week might be pretty awesome though, because if there's gonna be trouble at sea, then Davos Seaworth is obviously the man for the job.

Not me. That was really good. The episode itself was just pretty good for the most part, nothing special, but the final third was really great.

Loved it.

Matt Smith continues to surprise me every season at some point, and the speech scene near the end of this episode was the moment so far this year. Sure, the 11th so far has been very speech-y.. but this one, in particular, was tremendous. Smith sold the emotion and pain and the exhaustion of being the Doctor so well. And Clara was terrific as well.

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:15 pm

I liked this one as well. The leaf at the opening was corny (and poorly executed I thought) but it's signification at the end made up for that.

Like the Jadoon, I'm not sure why the Tardis doesn't translate some aliens like Noreen (the barking lady who rented the skyskis).

And as crass as it is to say, Clara's mom is a total milf. :-D

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:08 am

I'm not sure if it's something Matt is doing or if it's the make up people but there are moments where facially and just performance wise he's showing the age of the doctor in the best possible way. 8)

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:48 am

I thought it was pretty good, but with some groaning at the beginning and end.

With the sun god, pyramid, and obvious variation on the Egyptian "Akhenaten", I think some BBC writer was watching documentaries on the 18th Dynasty when he or she wrote this episode. :lol:

leave a comment with facebook