Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 343 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:50 pm

GHERU wrote:the shield should jump Rock

rikishi should run him over with a car.

Advertisement

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1446 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:51 pm

Juan Cena wrote:No, because you totally undermine your number one guy right after he beats possibly the biggest star in WWE history by having him lose to somebody who most probably isn't even close to being your number one guy.

At least when WWE MitB'd Cena with Edge, they did it with someone who was without a doubt one of the top guys.

The reason that guys like John Cena and Edge get to be the top guys at one time or another is because they get opportunities but you know what? You're right, let's just allow the same 2 or 3 guys to continue running the show and never allow anybody new to get a shot at the main event. It worked so well for WCW when they did it.

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 360 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:52 pm

Tattooed Jesus wrote:Not trying to defend Juan Cena but I just watched the Orton evolution of a predator on netflix yesterday and Orton isn't and never was an American hero. He hated being in the marines he says so himself. He said he was bullied and hazed as a new recruit and tried actively to get discharged before going AWOL. He talked about faking injuries and other shit that didn't work. He went AWOL for 82 days then turned himself in. Went to military prison for 45 days and was dishonorable discharged. He never wanted to be in the marines and said joining was one if the biggest mistakes of his life.

OK, but nobody here is trying to cast him as Steve Rogers, or drape an American flag around his shoulders and kiss his ass.

We, or at least I, just think that it's incredibly childish to be a grown human being who types nonsense instead of the word "Orton".

It's ok to say his name like a big boy. He's not Beetlejuice, it's not going to summon him. :P

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 271 posts

Postby doombug » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:52 pm

So except for Lesnar/HHH and Punk/Taker that might have been one of the worst mania's ever yeah? :smt011

Bianco
cheese

Liked in: 139 posts

Postby Bianco » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:54 pm

Hell No/Bigzig match was ok, in the fact i didn't think Hell No would win

I was surprised that Ryback lost, but I'm not defending that match at all

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 105 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:03 pm

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 211 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:16 pm

Grayson wrote:
The reason that guys like John Cena and Edge get to be the top guys at one time or another is because they get opportunities but you know what? You're right, let's just allow the same 2 or 3 guys to continue running the show and never allow anybody new to get a shot at the main event. It worked so well for WCW when they did it.

The difference is that I don't think Ziggler's quite made it yet to the point I put him into consideration of being able to carry the company like those "one or two guys" do. Especially when there are a few guys ahead of him that I do feel could fill that role in the next year (Like Del Rio, Cesaro, Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Miz) if needed to.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 271 posts

Postby doombug » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:18 pm

GLX wrote:Image

:lol:

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:24 pm

My ratings:

The Shield vs. Orton/Big Show/Sheamus - ***
Ryback vs. Henry - *
Team Hell No vs. Ziggles/Big E - ***
Jericho vs. Fandango - *
Swagger vs. Del Rio - *
Undertaker vs. Punk - ****
Triple H vs. Brock - *****
Cena vs. Rock - *****

Note: I don't do quarters or halves and the scale generally goes: * = bad, ** - decent, *** - good, **** - really good, ***** - awesome.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:26 pm

Lord Simian wrote:
OK, but nobody here is trying to cast him as Steve Rogers, or drape an American flag around his shoulders and kiss his ass.

We, or at least I, just think that it's incredibly childish to be a grown human being who types nonsense instead of the word "Orton".

It's ok to say his name like a big boy. He's not Beetlejuice, it's not going to summon him. :P

You should read EDSBS once in a while. Spencer Hall (a Florida grad) still refuses to type out former Gator head coach Ron Zook's name out. He uses [NAME REDACTED] when he has bring the subject of Zook up.

Tell Jude to enable users to use <strike> on the board, and maybe I try to spell it out. Heck, the running joke over at SWRT was that I struckthrough R**n Mallet's first name.

- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:28 pm

But really, no one be surprised when Nacireman ends up cutting someone's head off like the Lizard-guy from Newsarama.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:30 pm

GLX wrote:Image

I'd put my money on the world in at least 5-2 of that group.

- Sons of the Desert

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:35 pm

Updated 'Mania Five Star List:
Ricky Steamboat vs. Randy Savage - WM3
Randy Savage vs. Hulk Hogan - WM5
Owen Hart vs. Bret Hart - WM10
Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon - WM10
Steve Austin vs. Bret Hart - WM13
Edge/Christian vs. The Dudleys vs. The Hardys - WM16
Edge/Christian vs. The Dudleys vs. The Hardys - WM17
The Rock vs. Steve Austin - WM17
Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker - WM25
Triple H vs. The Undertaker - WM27
Triple H vs. The Undertaker - WM28
Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar - WM29
The Rock vs. John Cena - WM29

Triple H sets the record for three five-star matches.

Frag
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Liked in: 70 posts
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz

Postby Frag » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:53 pm

Who made that list?
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.

Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117

Sasher McSmasher
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 694 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby Sasher McSmasher » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:03 pm

Easily for me one of the worst WM's of all time. The first two hours of the show were damn near unwatchable, with the Shield getting their win being the only really good thing to come out of them. I wanted the Shield to win and they won pretty much exactly how I thought they would win. They were a team and the other guys weren't plain and simple.

Ryback vs Henry was complete and total garbage and I would say it was the worst match on the card but then the Fandango vs Jericho match got that in spades tonight. Ryback is a joke of character to me now, he has never had a big victory over anyone. I don't give a shit if you pick Henry up after the fucking match, you lost you moron. He has lost ever single big match and PPV match he has had. The character is a bust and it's a shame because he had some potential. Now as far as Fandango goes, to build a guy up like that, waiting until WM to debut him in the ring and then just fall completely flat like that, damn that was bad. The match was a total clusterfuck and Fandango looked like shit for most of the entire match. I felt really bad for Jericho after the match, pretty humiliating if you ask me.

The Tag Team title match and the World title match to me weren't bad they just suffered from being so rushed, it was like right when i was getting into the match and the flow was getting good they ended abruptly. For Ziggler not to even show after the World title match was such a huge disappointment as well. I mean damn is he ever going to do anything with the briefcase? At this point win or lose I just want him to fucking do something with it already. The little and I do mean little that I got to see of Big E I did enjoy, but there wasn't much to see.

Punk vs Taker was by far and away the best match of the night and the only one the crowd was into for the entire match. I loved all the counters and back and forth stuff in the match. There is a reason why Taker is so highly respected and why CM Punk calls himself the Best in the World, and that because both are absolutely true. By the way I will be buying that new Punk shirt as soon as I get paid this week :-D

HHH vs Brock is what it is to me, I just didn't give a fuck about that match. Not saying it was a bad match because I did love seeing them beat the shit outta each other, I just didn't care about it.

Cena vs Rock was good but not great either. It was better than last years match but that ain't saying a whole lot because I thought last years match sucked. I enjoyed the last 5-10 minutes of their match a lot but thought the ending with them all buddy buddy was just a silly mess. Would have liked to have seen some change in Cena's character but we'll get the same happy go lucky smiling idiot tomorrow night on RAW. I at least hope Rock is done and doesn't come back anymore. This whole show just like last year and the year before was about nothing more that The Rock and while I have always been a Rock fan the shit has just got old now and making him the focal point of the company and everyone else meaning nothing just sucks for me.

All said and done nothing on this ppv felt like WM to me with the exception of Punk getting played to the ring by Living Colour and his match with Taker. Everything else seemed dull, boring, drug out, and nothing special. By the end of the night even the Cole, King, and JBL seemed like they were bored with the whole damn show. Guess my hopes were to high again but I'll keep coming back for more until my son says he is tired of watching.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum