Monday, July 25, 2016 • Evening Edition • "For when you've got nowhere else to go."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

OP/ED: The Toxicity of Stephanie Brown

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

XSpectreGreyX

Faster Pussycat

Postby XSpectreGreyX » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:55 pm

Zechs wrote:

For Cassandra's case see my OP/ED. There's some evidence to point you in the directions of the numerous ways DC tried to get rid of her in the past.

Stephanie? I think the higher up's never liked the character to begin with. However, Didio saw the appeal of her as Batgirl and went with it before the higher up's probably demanded he try the original idea proposed with Barbara back as Batgirl.

Yeah, it's been obvious to me for a while that editors outright hate any Batgirl that isn't Barbara Gordon. Cassandra's turn to evil was badly written, and Beechen didn't do his research, but it was an editorial mandate. And I know that he was trying to redeem himself with her miniseries, but I doubt that's why editors gave him the job. Seriously, though, someone should remind DC's editors that they aren't writers.

Greg

Rain Partier

Postby Greg » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:26 am

This was a really good read. I'm also disappointed bout this. Loved Cassie Cain and was hoping more would be done with her. Such a fun series and loved seeing the character develop. Great design too.

I wasn't a big follower of Steph but enjoyed the bits I've read of her and everything I've seen of her own book just seemed like hilarious fun.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:29 am

XSpectreGreyX wrote:
Yeah, it's been obvious to me for a while that editors outright hate any Batgirl that isn't Barbara Gordon. Cassandra's turn to evil was badly written, and Beechen didn't do his research, but it was an editorial mandate. And I know that he was trying to redeem himself with her miniseries, but I doubt that's why editors gave him the job. Seriously, though, someone should remind DC's editors that they aren't writers.

Well Pete Tomasi turned out to be one. So did Dan Didio himself. :P I just wish to be a fly on the DC wall to know the editorial hijinks that go on with that company.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:31 am

Greg wrote:This was a really good read. I'm also disappointed bout this. Loved Cassie Cain and was hoping more would be done with her. Such a fun series and loved seeing the character develop. Great design too.

I wasn't a big follower of Steph but enjoyed the bits I've read of her and everything I've seen of her own book just seemed like hilarious fun.

It was. Both series are a hundred times better than the current one. I can't wait for "new' Barbara fans when Batgirl Year One comes out and they're stunted at how that story is a hundred times better than anything Gail or anyone has churned out with Barbara in the "New 52".

leave a comment with facebook