Advertisement

Queer Heroes

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Greg
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: AKA The Hidden Hands of Horror

Re: Queer Heroes

Postby Greg » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:41 pm

ThatGuyRoman wrote:Well howdy thar, stranger.

How you doing? Things been alright?
*Sig by Cat-Scratch!

CountD: Greg, thank you for your insights.
Benderbrau: Greg: Unwrapping the riddles of the black man since 2006

Starlord: I swear if you were gay and I wasn't married we'd make the perfect fuck buddies.

Greg: I'd do many things. Coke is not one of them.
Benderbrau: Greg hates all things white.

Benderbrau: Emma, you could learn a thing or two from Greg. Greg does threesomes. That's bi done right.

Advertisement

ThatGuyRoman
dINGO

Liked in: 0 post
Title: That Guy, Roman.

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:45 pm

Greg wrote:
How you doing? Things been alright?

Still in the process of saving up money so I can make a big move before the summer is over, really want to move out of this city. Thinking Austin, but I feel like I've mentioned this before ... also I cut my hair, which seems to be a hot topic among the people in my life.

Other than that, not much (no news can be good news.)

How about you?

Greg
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Greg » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:56 pm

ThatGuyRoman wrote:

Still in the process of saving up money so I can make a big move before the summer is over, really want to move out of this city. Thinking Austin, but I feel like I've mentioned this before ... also I cut my hair, which seems to be a hot topic among the people in my life.

Other than that, not much (no news can be good news.)

How about you?

just been busy. Working and spending a lot of time with my guy. Also editing gigs and trying to finish my film. Been going through some issues creatively but things are clearing up.

Why the hair cut? Just needed a change?
*Sig by Cat-Scratch!

Starlord: I swear if you were gay and I wasn't married we'd make the perfect fuck buddies.

Benderbrau: Emma, you could learn a thing or two from Greg. Greg does threesomes. That's bi done right.

ThatGuyRoman
dINGO

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:59 pm

Yeah, had that look for like 3-4 years, it was like all I was known for. I needed something new. New year, new me. It was cathartic. I'm resolute to make this year a year of change for me, so maybe something a little symbolic was needed.

Make a lot less talk and lot more DO.

ThatGuyRoman
dINGO

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:07 am

Also, I found a really good barber. Makes the short hair work for me a lot better than my old one did.

Try and do a bunch of shit this year, stuff that'll mean nothing to anyone but me. Move, see stuff ... get a few tattoos. WHO KNOWS. I'm not getting any younger after all.

Greg
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Greg » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:10 am

ThatGuyRoman wrote:Also, I found a really good barber. Makes the short hair work for me a lot better than my old one did.

Try and do a bunch of shit this year, stuff that'll mean nothing to anyone but me. Move, see stuff ... get a few tattoos. WHO KNOWS. I'm not getting any younger after all.

I get you, man. We all have to take that plunge at some point and try something else to keep the mind healthy from starvation from stimulation and the typical norm. A healthy change is always good.

I'm gonna be crazy envious of you when you post pics of the tats.

Any pics of the new hair?
*Sig by Cat-Scratch!

ThatGuyRoman
dINGO

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:10 am

Greg wrote:
I get you, man. We all have to take that plunge at some point and try something else to keep the mind healthy from starvation from stimulation and the typical norm. A healthy change is always good.

I'm gonna be crazy envious of you when you post pics of the tats.

Any pics of the new hair?

I already know what tattoo I want ... granted it's one I want to work up to though. Start with a small one or two and see how my pain tolerance for the whole thing is, and then if I can handle that, I really want, and this is REALLY specific... a gas-mask wearing pin-up girl wearing a sash that reads "Little Miss Captain Trips".

Yeah, I know, specific, but it's what I want. Not sure where yet.

As for the pics, yeah... it's been about 2 and a 1/2 weeks since the cut so my hair's filled in a bit (which is fine by me...)

But this is me as of today...

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand

I'm due for a slight trim in about a week.

Greg
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Greg » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:20 am

ThatGuyRoman wrote:
I already know what tattoo I want ... granted it's one I want to work up to though. Start with a small one or two and see how my pain tolerance for the whole thing is, and then if I can handle that, I really want, and this is REALLY specific... a gas-mask wearing pin-up girl wearing a sash that reads "Little Miss Captain Trips".

Yeah, I know, specific, but it's what I want. Not sure where yet.

As for the pics, yeah... it's been about 2 and a 1/2 weeks since the cut so my hair's filled in a bit (which is fine by me...)

But this is me as of today...

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand

I'm due for a slight trim in about a week.

Not bad, although I will miss the hair. But understandable the reason for removal.

The tattoo idea seems like fun. And I always say "A lil pain a lil pleasure." :wink:
*Sig by Cat-Scratch!

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 106 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:02 am

TheSecondLex wrote:

Action Comics 23. Debut of Luthor, who in those days had hair. So yeah.

And yeah it was Metropolis 900 miles. Which, if Metropolis is in Delaware (as in the late 80s Atlas of the DC Universe, my personal reference work for DCU locales), puts the podunk diner in about....East Saint Louis. Make of that what you will.

I really like Metropolis 900 miles a lot. Along with 'the unauthorised biography', it was one of the first Luthor stories I ever read and it informs my view of the character greatly, and buttresses later versions of him (mostly the Azzarello/Morrison-All-Star versions): he views us as ants. Weapons in the war against Superman. The defender of humanity, champion of the downtrodden stuff is a bunch of PR bunk. Deep down, he just hates Superman. I like to think he doesn't even really remember why--it's all been going on so long and he's become so irrational that nothing but RAGE! matters.

I guess I always saw Luthor as Bruce Wayne--if Bruce Wayne had given up earlier or at all. Their wars look similar already: human proxies, disposable weapons and income thrown at ridiculous problems, urban warfare, just how insane and one-sided their ideologies are, and how they'd sooner die than surrender in the face of their nameless, formless foe (more on that later :) )

Anyway.

And YES! Go read Jack Kirby's New Gods. Nownownow. I collected them over this past X-mas in softcover (vols 1-4, 1 begins with the very first Kirby issue of Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen, and vol 4 ends with The Hunger Dogs!, an editorially-truncated post-Soviet (inquire within as to what I mean about this!) narrative about the whole universe that shows Darkseid and Orion duking it out for...well, most of the marbles. There are hardcovers out there but they start at 50 america-bucks (and, having come out in 2008, are somewhat hard to find for reasonable cash output). Softcovers start at 29.99 IIRC and are printed on hefty paper, so they'll stand up.

The real gems, though, are the forewords (by Morrison, Walt Simonson, some guy I didn't know, and Paul Levitz) and the afterwords in each volume by Mark Evanier. Plus, sketch material!

Go buy them now, Ari. You won't be sorry :)

Action Comics # 23? I got my numbering all mixed up.
Anyway, Metropolis 900 Miles is one of my favorite Luthor stories, and I think at the time it was Byrne's favorite story too. You know rich people, they have more things in common than they would care to admit, so I totally get your comparison of Bruce and Lex.

I'll put the Kirby stuff on my list.

Arion
Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:36 pm

ThatGuyRoman wrote:Also, I found a really good barber. Makes the short hair work for me a lot better than my old one did.

Neither am I, damn it.

Do you know when will you move to Austin?

ThatGuyRoman
dINGO

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:51 pm

Arion wrote:
Neither am I, damn it.

Before the end of the year, definitely, not sure on an exact time frame, I have a lot of variables still in the air.

TheSecondLex
cheese

Formerly: alexeiluthor

Postby TheSecondLex » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:14 am

Arion wrote:
Neither am I, damn it.

you should, Ari, it's worth it. Kirby is somewhat inacessible at first, but that's mostly (mostly) part of the allure; he makes you pay attention :)

And yeah, I guess I'm thinking about it. I mean, I dunno. Aside from you guys I don't really do much here. Cruise MOTW and occassionally comment, raise an eyebrow at some unfunny AskFrank or LolTron thing, that's about it :/
vinnypic wrote:War is necessary. Cops are necessary. One is a necessary evil. one is a necessary force of good. failure to grasp that distinction means you're a high functioning retard.

Arion
Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:38 pm

TheSecondLex wrote:

you should, Ari, it's worth it. Kirby is somewhat inacessible at first, but that's mostly (mostly) part of the allure; he makes you pay attention :)

And yeah, I guess I'm thinking about it. I mean, I dunno. Aside from you guys I don't really do much here. Cruise MOTW and occassionally comment, raise an eyebrow at some unfunny AskFrank or LolTron thing, that's about it :/

You know this thread wouldn't be the same without you. You can't abandon us. Please don't leave us alone, OK?

TheSecondLex
cheese

Formerly: alexeiluthor

Postby TheSecondLex » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:06 pm

Ookay, time for a stupid question:

In Age of Ultron. Is Spider-Man meant to be Otto or Peter Parker?

I'd be okay with either, and it kind of reads like Parker, but I like the idea of Otto-as-Spidey taking on Frankenstein's Mon--er, Ultron. Villain to villain #evilswag
vinnypic wrote:War is necessary. Cops are necessary. One is a necessary evil. one is a necessary force of good. failure to grasp that distinction means you're a high functioning retard.

Lord Ice
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 127 posts

Postby Lord Ice » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:54 pm

TheSecondLex wrote:Ookay, time for a stupid question:

In Age of Ultron. Is Spider-Man meant to be Otto or Peter Parker?

I'd be okay with either, and it kind of reads like Parker, but I like the idea of Otto-as-Spidey taking on Frankenstein's Mon--er, Ultron. Villain to villain #evilswag

The whole series was written years ago, so it's meant to be Peter, but because of things that have happened since them, it's meant to be Otto. Still think it'd be better if the whole thing was taking place an a different Earth, but whatev. :smt102

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum