Monday, May 30, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "We're the god damn Outhousers."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Blake's 7 to return on Scyfy

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:47 pm

Maybe some of our British can give us the low down on if the original was any good.

http://entertainment.slashdot.org/story/13/04/09/1738235/classic-bbc-sci-fi-series-blakes-7-to-return-on-syfy-channel

Hab

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:16 pm

The original is mostly remembered for it's finale, in which every single character dies, nobody really talks about the rest of it

It's a good concept though, and if they can reboot it as well as Doctor Who or BSG, it should be good.

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:27 pm

I tried to watch it a few years ago and it was bad.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:25 pm

Punchy wrote:The original is mostly remembered for it's finale, in which every single character dies, nobody really talks about the rest of it

It's a good concept though, and if they can reboot it as well as Doctor Who or BSG, it should be good.

Ironically, the show got better when the actor playing Blake left, and Avon took command of the crew.

Glad to hear this might be more than an April Fools joke (where there was one floating around a week ago).

Sunless

crash test dummy

Postby Sunless » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:30 am

One of my favourite series of all time. Kerr Avon is one of the best TV characters period.

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:56 am

I wish the original was available in the US. All I can seem to find are the UK DVDs. :-(

Lord Ice

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Lord Ice » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:13 am

The original series is the show that Firefly wanted to be. :smt005

Johnny Smith

phrase IV

Postby Johnny Smith » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:39 am

Juan Cena wrote:
Ironically, the show got better when the actor playing Blake left, and Avon took command of the crew.

Paul Darrow joked once that they should have renamed the show "Avon's Angels" :-D

leave a comment with facebook