Advertisement

Really, Michael Bay?

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Draco x
penile prisoner

Liked in: 2 posts

Really, Michael Bay?

Postby Draco x » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:15 pm

This thread is in response to the confirmation that Megan Fox will be playing April O Neil in the upcoming TMNT movie due to the fact that I thought this rumor was a bad joke when I heard it here on Outhouse before. When I actually realized it wasn't a joke I just buried my head in disbelief. Michael Bay, I get the fact that your stchickt is to put hot looking women in your movies to ogle at that and all but really? I mean first off, I got the impression that she and Bay fell out after comparing him to Hitler out loud. Did she sleep with him in order to get back on his good side and secure this role? Plus, the more important thing is aren't there way better choices of actresses he could have used like Bryce Dallas Howard, Jessica Chastain or even Amy Adams instead a girl who looks hot but can't really act? As much as I don't like this casting choice, the sad part this movie will probably sell due to horny adolescents wanting to look Megan Fox's ass and not much else.

Advertisement

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 3 posts

Re: Really, Michael Bay?

Postby dairydead » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:19 pm

To a lot of people, April O Neill was a sex symbol in their formative years. He's just riffing off of that. its a dumb decision because Fox is not a great actor, but it makes sense in a certain aspect.
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

Draco x
penile prisoner

Postby Draco x » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:24 pm

dairydead wrote:To a lot of people, April O Neill was a sex symbol in their formative years. He's just riffing off of that. its a dumb decision because Fox is not a great actor, but it makes sense in a certain aspect.

That's what I was thinking too. Bay is modelling Fox's April off of the 80's TMNT cartoon where she mostly a useless damsel in distress that was only there to look good rather than the badass Mirage April who could kick ass and was actually useful.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 17 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:43 pm

It's a Michael Bay movie, he has to go with someone like Megan Fox because chances are actresses like Bryce Dallas Howard, Jessica Chastain, and Amy Adams wouldn't agree to be in one of his movies. :smt102
ImageImageImage

Juan Cena
DANG!

Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:02 pm

draco x wrote:This thread is in response to the confirmation that Megan Fox will be playing April O Neil in the upcoming TMNT movie due to the fact that I thought this rumor was a bad joke when I heard it here on Outhouse before. When I actually realized it wasn't a joke I just buried my head in disbelief. Michael Bay, I get the fact that your stchickt is to put hot looking women in your movies to ogle at that and all but really? I mean first off, I got the impression that she and Bay fell out after comparing him to Hitler out loud. Did she sleep with him in order to get back on his good side and secure this role? Plus, the more important thing is aren't there way better choices of actresses he could have used like Bryce Dallas Howard, Jessica Chastain or even Amy Adams instead a girl who looks hot but can't really act? As much as I don't like this casting choice, the sad part this movie will probably sell due to horny adolescents wanting to look Megan Fox's ass and not much else.

Wait. You're expecting good acting in a Michael Bay film? That's your first problem.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Draco x
penile prisoner

Postby Draco x » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:45 pm

Grayson wrote:It's a Michael Bay movie, he has to go with someone like Megan Fox because chances are actresses like Bryce Dallas Howard, Jessica Chastain, and Amy Adams wouldn't agree to be in one of his movies. :smt102

Yeah. I theorize that he probably called these other actresses and they hung up the phone on him and stated they had better things to do than be in one of his films-like watching paint dry.

Draco x
penile prisoner

Postby Draco x » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:47 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
Wait. You're expecting good acting in a Michael Bay film? That's your first problem.

Acting? Nope. Better casting? Probably. Besides I thought Michael Bay and Megan Fox hated each other when they were doing the Transformers movies. I would love to know how and why they reconciled.

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby dairydead » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:49 pm

I can only hope the rumors of Randy Orton as Casey Jones are true! :smt026
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

Draco x
penile prisoner

Postby Draco x » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:08 pm

dairydead wrote:I can only hope the rumors of Randy Orton as Casey Jones are true! :smt026

Hopefully that will take away from Megan Fox' role in the film. Apart from how hot she looks don't care much for anything else that she would bring to TMNT.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:28 pm

dairydead wrote:I can only hope the rumors of Randy Orton as Casey Jones are true! :smt026

I can only hope you just made that $**t up.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum