Advertisement

Doctor Who Thread

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 37 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Re: Doctor Who Thread

Postby Chris » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:16 pm

PDH wrote:
I don't remember that. Last episode he hopped onto a plane in it and then skipped ahead to the next morning just to keep his enemies up all night so they'd be exhausted.

But he rode a bike to confront the enemies, rather than take the TARDIS to them.

Advertisement

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 293 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:42 pm

PDH wrote:-There were some obvious plot holes, as well. For instance, Clara gives up her important ring to by a space-moped so they can save the sacrifice girl. Why? Use the TARDIS.

Amoebas wrote:Last episode he was against using the TARDIS. Maybe he's paranoid this season (especially with an anomaly on board)

Yeah, I thought that was an odd line last week when he said he didn't like taking the TARDIS into battle in case someone else got their hands on it. Looks like that line is leading to something.
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:04 pm

Episode 5 this "season"... looks like someone gets their hands on it.

4/27 Journey to the Center of the TARDIS: This story is about Clara being lost in the depths of the TARDIS which is invaded by an intergalactic salvage crew who want to sell it for scrap, but the Doctor threatens to destroy the TARDIS by putting it in lock down and activating the self destruct if the salvage crew doesn't help him find Clara

PDH
penile prisoner

Liked in: 45 posts

Postby PDH » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:32 pm

Chris wrote:
But he rode a bike to confront the enemies, rather than take the TARDIS to them.

After already using it in exactly the same way he might have used it this episode.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:00 pm

Not at all. The distinction being that he doesn't put the TARDIS in direct danger against his enemies. He could've taken the TARDIS to the tower in the first episode. He didn't. He could've taken the TARDIS to the pyramid this episode. He didn't.

Food Eater lad
cheese

Liked in: 14 posts

Postby Food Eater lad » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:59 pm

Here is to hoping that they make a Timewar special staring McGann. Wouldn't he be the one to fight it? Then die and regenerate to Eccelston?

I can't help but think that the 8th Doctor's story just might be the most important as far as the Time Lords go.

Oh well, I can always dream.
"Diversity equals division"

David Bird
phrase IV

Liked in: 6 posts

Postby David Bird » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:15 pm

Food Eater lad wrote:Here is to hoping that they make a Timewar special staring McGann. Wouldn't he be the one to fight it? Then die and regenerate to Eccelston?

I can't help but think that the 8th Doctor's story just might be the most important as far as the Time Lords go.

Oh well, I can always dream.

I would think it is--unless it was Eccelston's version that fought it. I'm not sure.

I certainly want to see something more important than a reunion to celebrate the 50th anniversary.

As for this week's episode, good to see the Doctor back out in space, interacting with aliens and alien cultures. Sure he loves London, but there's lots of London on TV. The story was a bit lite, but it had lots of good bits in it. I liked that they've begun to address the anomaly that is Clara and that they've begun to confront her about it. I liked that they brought up the first companion. While the Doctor's mentioned having a family, etc, other than a rather obscure appearance by his mum, they've all been locked down with the time war. What if (to speculate wildly) there is a connection between Clara and the granddaughter?

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 166 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:19 am

I think it was the eighth Doctor who fought in the Time War. If you remember back in 'Rose' the ninth Doctor checks his reflection in the mirror of Jackie's apartment, and looks surprised. In other words, he has only recently regenerated.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 293 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:22 am

The posts on Eccelston just make me want to see his Doctor on next week's submarine episode (he would be dressed for the part :lol: ).

David Bird
phrase IV

Postby David Bird » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:56 am

nietoperz wrote:I think it was the eighth Doctor who fought in the Time War. If you remember back in 'Rose' the ninth Doctor checks his reflection in the mirror of Jackie's apartment, and looks surprised. In other words, he has only recently regenerated.

Yes, now that you point it out, I do remember.

Food Eater lad
cheese

Postby Food Eater lad » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:11 pm

nietoperz wrote:I think it was the eighth Doctor who fought in the Time War. If you remember back in 'Rose' the ninth Doctor checks his reflection in the mirror of Jackie's apartment, and looks surprised. In other words, he has only recently regenerated.

I was going to point that out, glad you did.

David Bird
phrase IV

Postby David Bird » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:02 pm

It was a good point, but it occurred to me later that when rose goes to see the guy who's been tracking the Doctor online he has evidence of the ninth Doctor having been around for a while.

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 166 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:06 pm

David Bird wrote:It was a good point, but it occurred to me later that when rose goes to see the guy who's been tracking the Doctor online he has evidence of the ninth Doctor having been around for a while.

Sure, but he's a time traveller: that was still to come in the Doctor's personal timeline.

Food Eater lad
cheese

Postby Food Eater lad » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:23 pm

Right, it was implied that he and Rose did a bit of travelling that we didn't see.

Sunless
crash test dummy

Liked in: 0 post
Formerly: THE Sunless

Postby Sunless » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:57 am

Cold War was pretty rad.

The Ice Warrior looks amazeballs, David fricken Warner! And I liked Clara.

First Gatiss TV Who I've liked.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum