Advertisement

Danger Club returns #5 spoilers

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Danger Club returns #5 spoilers

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:12 pm

Whatever happened to Danger Club?

It seems to have dropped off the face of the Earth.
Last edited by Victorian Squid on Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Liked in: 29 posts
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak

Re: Whatever happened to Danger Club?

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:36 pm

Just read the review copy for Issue #5. It comes out next week.

IIRC, the colorist's kids were involved in a pretty bad car crash, which is a major reason for the delays.

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 174 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:53 pm

Sad to hear that about his kid, glad to hear #5 is coming out next week. I've really been enjoying Danger Club...best Teen Titans book since Young Justice.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:25 pm

Cool, thanks! I don't usually read all the upcoming releases this early, I wait until Monday or Tuesday of each week so I can calculate which books will be good for a quick flip to pay for my own choices.

Hopefully everyone lived and recovers and all.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1079 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:31 pm

So if I like the Teen Titans and Young Justice but I don't like any of the teen related titles that DC is currently putting out, would this book be for me?
ImageImageImage

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:38 pm

Grayson wrote:So if I like the Teen Titans and Young Justice but I don't like any of the teen related titles that DC is currently putting out, would this book be for me?

Sure why not? I guess there's no escaping the Teen Titans analogy and that's fair enough, so taking that further imagine if the Justice League and all the other adult heroes and villains flew off into space to confront some Crisis-level threat to the Earth, but didn't come back. And for the various sidekicks and teen heroes (and villains) left behind, whatever it was they went out there to fight is still coming and everything is on the verge of falling apart.

Unlike the DC teen heroes, expect quick, deft world-building in place of continuity, and no guarantee that your favorite characters will make it out alive.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:43 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:Sure why not? I guess there's no escaping the Teen Titans analogy and that's fair enough, so taking that further imagine if the Justice League and all the other adult heroes and villains flew off into space to confront some Crisis-level threat to the Earth, but didn't come back. And for the various sidekicks and teen heroes (and villains) left behind, whatever it was they went out there to fight is still coming and everything is on the verge of falling apart.

Unlike the DC teen heroes, expect quick, deft world-building in place of continuity, and no guarantee that your favorite characters will make it out alive.

Hmmmm...I like the sound of that concept. Perhaps I will track down the first volume soon. Thanks!
ImageImageImage

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby chap22 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:07 pm

Grayson wrote:
Hmmmm...I like the sound of that concept. Perhaps I will track down the first volume soon. Thanks!

It's been really, really good so far IMMO.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Re: Danger Club returns #5 spoilers

Postby Victorian Squid » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:45 pm

Danger Club is back! And luckily I got the last copy at the comics shop.

Issue #5 picks up where #4 left us hanging and the action continues. Some of the characters in Danger Club are clearly inspired by classic sidekick characters, but even still I'm impressed by the character-building over the first five issues. When I was wondering where the book had gone after issue 4, I was a little surprised by how much I wanted to keep reading about them and find out what the hell happens next. Big big cliffhanger at the end of #5. Plays off of classic comicbook crises, so it left me wondering what angle they'll take with what happens afterwards.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 478 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:36 pm

Just got and read 1-5.

The only negative I can find is the stupid us of "the hell" (it's usage in any comic (the only place I ever hear/see it) has always bugged me.

Other than that - this was pretty good all around. Looking forward to whenever #6 comes out.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:36 pm

The only reason this series didn't place higher when I made my list for the It's been awhile: List your top 5 books! thread was because we haven't had 6 full issues yet. It was an incredibly hard decision but I just didn't feel comfortable throwing it into my Top 5 with only 5 issues. That being said, if you like superhero comic books and you are not reading Danger Club, then you are doing it wrong. Period. :-D
ImageImageImage

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby chap22 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:50 pm

Grayson wrote:The only reason this series didn't place higher when I made my list for the It's been awhile: List your top 5 books! thread was because we haven't had 6 full issues yet. It was an incredibly hard decision but I just didn't feel comfortable throwing it into my Top 5 with only 5 issues. That being said, if you like superhero comic books and you are not reading Danger Club, then you are doing it wrong. Period. :-D

Well-put, and agreed.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand