Advertisement

SPOILERS for Hawkguy #9!!!!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 173 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

SPOILERS for Hawkguy #9!!!!

Postby chap22 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:38 pm

Fraction, bro, seriously, not cool, bro.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
RIP Grills. :cry: :cry:

That notwithstanding, great comic is great. As always, the best comic I'm currently reading.
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

Advertisement

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Re: SPOILERS for Hawkguy #9!!!!

Postby chap22 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:52 pm

Bro, have none of you bros read this yet, bro?

Should be ashamed, bro.
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 37 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:01 pm

Ok bro, Hawkguy?
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1037 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:58 pm

chap22 wrote:Bro, have none of you bros read this yet, bro?

Should be ashamed, bro.

Bro, I'll read it as soon as I get home from work tonight, bro.

I have to be able to make the money that I use to buy the books in order to read them, bro. :P
ImageImageImage

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby chap22 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:11 pm

Grayson wrote:
Bro, I'll read it as soon as I get home from work tonight, bro.

I have to be able to make the money that I use to buy the books in order to read them, bro. :P

Bro, benefits of working 2 miles away from a comic shop, bro. I can buy and read on my lunch break, bro.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:22 pm

chap22 wrote:Bro, benefits of working 2 miles away from a comic shop, bro. I can buy and read on my lunch break, bro.

Bro, I see, bro. When I lived in Kansas City, my comic shop was just a few blocks from my place and on my way to work. Now my comic shop is 10 miles from my place and 12 miles from work. Since I pick up my books on my way to work on Wednesday, it doesn't leave me a lot of time to read them, bro. :-(
ImageImageImage

MistaT
penile prisoner

Liked in: 8 posts
Title: ThreadKilla

Postby MistaT » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:52 pm

Bro, who was the teardrop dude, bro?

Someone new bro?

MistaT
penile prisoner

Postby MistaT » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:52 pm

MistaT wrote:Bro, who was the teardrop dude bro?

Someone new bro?

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby chap22 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:05 pm

MistaT wrote:Bro, who was the teardrop dude, bro?

Someone new bro?

Bro, that's the new Clown, bro, presumably somehow related to the Circus of Crime. Origin issue is next issue, bro.

MistaT
penile prisoner

Postby MistaT » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:11 pm

chap22 wrote:Bro, that's the new Clown, bro, presumably somehow related to the Circus of Crime. Origin issue is next issue, bro.

Seriously bro?

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby chap22 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:51 pm

MistaT wrote:
Seriously bro?

Brobrobrobro. Seeeeeeriously, bro.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:36 pm

:shock:

Oh no, bro! Not Gil, bro. :(

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:23 am

This continues to be one of the coolest and most off-beat comics Marvel have ever done. I think the fact that Marvel has a book like this is what really sets it apart from DC at the moment. DC has some good books, but they are all tonally very similar, the only one even approaching Hawkeye’s level of style and difference is Dial H, and it’s about to be cancelled. This issue picks up where #8 left off and shows how each of the women in Clint Barton’s life deal with the surprise appearance of Darlene. Hawkeye has always been one of Marvel’s horndogs, so it was cool to see how each of these ladies still play a role in his life. This is all conveyed with the usual amazing panel layouts and stylish pacing of David Aja, and the cool dialogue from Fraction (which of course includes plenty of ‘bros’, bro). This book just looks amazing, I love it.

I think the best segments in this issue were the Spider-Woman (I liked how this issue didn’t mention Natasha, Bobbi or Jessica’s codenames at all) one, which was probably the closest his title has gotten to sincere emotion, and then the Kate Bishop segment to close things out, which was funny. I say that closed things out, but instead, Fraction hits us with a punch to the gut, as Grills, the man who coined ‘Hawkguy’, is shot by the mysterious new ‘Clown’ villain. Noooo! RIP Grills Bro.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:20 pm

Punchy wrote:This continues to be one of the coolest and most off-beat comics Marvel have ever done. I think the fact that Marvel has a book like this is what really sets it apart from DC at the moment. DC has some good books, but they are all tonally very similar, the only one even approaching Hawkeye’s level of style and difference is Dial H, and it’s about to be cancelled. This issue picks up where #8 left off and shows how each of the women in Clint Barton’s life deal with the surprise appearance of Darlene. Hawkeye has always been one of Marvel’s horndogs, so it was cool to see how each of these ladies still play a role in his life. This is all conveyed with the usual amazing panel layouts and stylish pacing of David Aja, and the cool dialogue from Fraction (which of course includes plenty of ‘bros’, bro). This book just looks amazing, I love it.

This. All of this! Hawkeye feels like a wonderfully brilliant little indie title, that just coincidentally exists within the Marvel Universe and features Marvel Characters.

I think the best segments in this issue were the Spider-Woman (I liked how this issue didn’t mention Natasha, Bobbi or Jessica’s codenames at all) one, which was probably the closest his title has gotten to sincere emotion, and then the Kate Bishop segment to close things out, which was funny. I say that closed things out, but instead, Fraction hits us with a punch to the gut, as Grills, the man who coined ‘Hawkguy’, is shot by the mysterious new ‘Clown’ villain. Noooo! RIP Grills Bro.

There must be no "Geoff Johnsing" of this "Clown character. He killed Grills, he stays a villain forever! :smt013
ImageImageImage

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 398 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:34 pm

Punchy wrote:This continues to be one of the coolest and most off-beat comics Marvel have ever done. I think the fact that Marvel has a book like this is what really sets it apart from DC at the moment. DC has some good books, but they are all tonally very similar, the only one even approaching Hawkeye’s level of style and difference is Dial H, and it’s about to be cancelled. This issue picks up where #8 left off and shows how each of the women in Clint Barton’s life deal with the surprise appearance of Darlene. Hawkeye has always been one of Marvel’s horndogs, so it was cool to see how each of these ladies still play a role in his life. This is all conveyed with the usual amazing panel layouts and stylish pacing of David Aja, and the cool dialogue from Fraction (which of course includes plenty of ‘bros’, bro). This book just looks amazing, I love it.

Of these scenes I think I enjoyed Mockingbird's the best. The again, it's Mockingbird and I like the character so much that Marvel could probably put her in a book consisting of nothing but face shot panels with her saying one one and I'd still enjoy it -- well OK maybe not, but you get the point.

Black Widow's was pretty good too.

"Oh no."

"Oh da." :-D

Thank you Troy for the sig

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Asylum