Advertisement

Fantastic Four #6 (Child Proof Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Fantastic Four #6 (Child Proof Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:26 am

The Fantastic Four continue their cosmic odyssey, and this issue was probably my favourite so far, just for how crazy the sci-fi got, and for how it brought the most action we’ve seen so far. In this issue, the FF and the kids are going to see the Big-Bang and the birth of the universe, and when they get there they find, not the nothing they were expecting (I was half expecting to see those giant hands that are always there in DC’s version of the birth of the universe). They find some dude strapped to a rock, and being the consummate heroes that they are, they save him. It turns out to be Blastaar, and a big ol’ fight kicks off.

As I said, this was the best fight that this run has had so far, and it was very good indeed, Bagley is of course a master of classic superhero style, and Fraction allowed each member of the team to play a role. I also really liked the ending, where Franklin uses his awesome powers to save everyone. Marvel are always teasing how powerful Franklin is, and Hickman got closer than anyone to showing us, but I really want to see little kid Franklin kick some ass.

What’s going on with the Thing is also very interesting, he has a headache, and his eyes were glowing, what’s up? Is it coming up on the one time a year he turns back into Ben Grimm, or is it something more sinister?

Advertisement

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 290 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Re: Fantastic Four #6 (Child Proof Spoilers)

Postby Stephen Day » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:56 pm

I enjoyed the fight with Blastaar. At the beginning I thought that the individual exiled to the Big Bang for execution would turn out to be a future Thing. I figured that it might be a big bit of foreshadowing for what is happening with Ben.

Thank you Troy for the sig

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 133 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:14 pm

I checked this issue out just to see if I was hasty in dropping the title.

It pretty much affirmed what I already thought, I'll wait for a new writer before picking up FF again.

Hab

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 133 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:53 am

Stephen Day wrote:I enjoyed the fight with Blastaar. At the beginning I thought that the individual exiled to the Big Bang for execution would turn out to be a future Thing. I figured that it might be a big bit of foreshadowing for what is happening with Ben.

me too. great minds think alike! :-D

also, still loving this book.
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 290 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:43 pm

chap22 wrote:me too. great minds think alike! :-D

also, still loving this book.

Yep, great minds do indeed think alike. :-D

Thank you Troy for the sig

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand