Advertisement

Saga #12 (Actual discussion of the comic Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 65 posts
Title: Shitlord

Saga #12 (Actual discussion of the comic Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:31 pm

This issue is definitely the most controversial comic of 2013 so far, and it’s just strange to actually read it, rather than just focus on two tiny images of gay sex. The thing I find weird about this is that the gay blowjobs seems to be there on Prince Robot IV’s face for no real reason. I guess it’s because he’s ‘on the fritz’, but contrary to BKV’s claims it doesn’t really advance the story, it’s just there. It’s odd. But other than that, this was another brilliant issue of Saga. Focusing on the aforementioned Prince Robot, the opening bukkake-fest is a flashback to him seeing the horrors of War, and that’s an ongoing theme of this issue. Robot is going to visit D. Oswald Heist, the writer of the book that Marko and Alana bonded over. The discussion between the two of them is very strong stuff, fraught with tension and interesting ideas about War and also being a writer. And when at the end you find out that our heroes are hiding upstairs, the whole thing turns into something like the opening scene of Inglourious Basterds, where Hans Landa is interrogating that farmer.

One thing that’s really great about this series that doesn’t get talked about enough for me is that BKV has done really well at making the ‘villains’ really interesting. You empathise with both Prince Robot IV and The Will, even if they are hunting down Marko, Alana and Hazel to kill them. This is just one of the best things going in all media these days, BKV and Staples are on top form (I love all the weird aliens Staples draws, that little Seal dude was awesome). Pick up the first 2 trades now during the brief hiatus and get on board people!

Advertisement

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Re: Saga #12 (Actual discussion of the comic Spoilers)

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:54 pm

Issue was just fine, but over the whole run so far not one of my favorite single issues of SAGA. The talking mouse was so Wind Of The Willows, and the finally-revealed paperback writer looked too Futurama.

That being said, it's a great series and a sound investment.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 859 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: Saga #12 (Actual discussion of the comic Spoilers)

Postby Grayson » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:57 pm

I agree that this wasn't exactly my favorite issue of the series so far but there were still some pretty interesting twists and turns in this issue. Prince Robot IV definitely became a much more interesting character this time around especially near the end of the issue where everyone dropped their false pretenses and just got down to business. I absolutely love this book and I can't wait for the next issue!
ImageImageImage

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand