Saturday, October 1, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Thoughtful analysis of important cultural issues."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

And the Newest Uncanny X-Men is...

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:14 pm

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/04/10/ ... h-another/

Uncle Rich's spoiler tags are a thing of beauty.
User avatar

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:27 pm

prozacman wrote:Wait!!! Old Angel or young Angel? Every one assumes it's young Angel, but has that been confirmed in the book?


its the Angel that came from the past with the rest of the Original X-men.
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:39 pm

Zero wrote:http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/04/10/brian-bendis-spoils-one-x-men-comic-with-another/

Uncle Rich's spoiler tags are a thing of beauty.


:lol:
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:18 pm

I love this book, much more than I thought I would when it was announced but I still don't understand why they had to break Scott and Emma up.

Aside from that, as much as Bendis tried to tease otherwise, we pretty much always knew that the Stepford Cuckoos were a given to join Scott's team. I am intrigued by the idea of young Warren joining the Uncanny X-Men but I'm dying to know what type of ramifications this will have on the time stream, if any. Also, why did nobody else join Scott's team? Out of the entirety of the Jean Grey School only 4 students decided to sign up?
User avatar

GOSD

Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:47 am

Grayson wrote:I love this book, much more than I thought I would when it was announced but I still don't understand why they had to break Scott and Emma up.

Aside from that, as much as Bendis tried to tease otherwise, we pretty much always knew that the Stepford Cuckoos were a given to join Scott's team. I am intrigued by the idea of young Warren joining the Uncanny X-Men but I'm dying to know what type of ramifications this will have on the time stream, if any. Also, why did nobody else join Scott's team? Out of the entirety of the Jean Grey School only 4 students decided to sign up?


Would you? Scott's an A1 nutball. Being around him will only get you arrested or killed. I'd stay away from him if I could.

BTW, not surprised. Angel saw his possible future. Who wouldn't want to change that?
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:04 am

GOSD wrote:Would you? Scott's an A1 nutball. Being around him will only get you arrested or killed. I'd stay away from him if I could.


Absolutely! Scott was/is right, so I would join Scott's team.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:27 am

This issue serves as almost a deleted scenes of last week’s issue of All-New X-Men. We see the same conversation between Cyclops and the staff of the Jean Grey School, but at the same time, we see the psychic conversation that Emma Frost is having with the Stepford Cuckoos, and how she manages to convince them to join her side. This was not only interesting, but it managed to delay the shock revelation about which member of the original team joins Cyclops’ side to the end of this issue. As for that member, it’s not who I thought it would be, it’s original Angel! I was so sure that it would be Jean Grey, but this is cool too, he’s been the member of the OG X-Men that has been the most uncomfortable with what’s been going on, and here’s me theorising, what with Jean fiddling with his brain a few issues ago, there’s the possibility that he’s there under her direction. I’m seeing OG Jean being the overall villain of this story somehow, like she becomes Phoenix or something.

Maybe I’m crazy.

Either way, Angel being on Cyclops’ side is very cool indeed. Along with these exciting developments, there’s also some good character stuff with the new recruits, which is a lot of fun. These characters are all brand-new, and Bachalo draws them differently from Immonen, so it was useful to get a more focused look at each of their personalities and powers. I thought the scene between Tempus and the shape-changer was very well-done, how he changed very subtly. But wait, there’s more! Something’s up with Magik, she warps to Limbo and back for no real reason, it’s weird. She’s been the character that’s seemed least fucked-up by the Phoenix so far, but obviously, that’s not the reality. Bendis’ X-Men continues to just excellent comics, he’s rejuvenated, and so is the franchise.
User avatar

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:36 pm

I see Jean Grey turning antagonist at some point too, she's walking a very fine line already
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:44 pm

Zero wrote:I see Jean Grey turning antagonist at some point too, she's walking a very fine line already


She started down a villainous path the moment she started treating young Cyclops badly for things he hasn't even done yet. :smt011
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:51 pm

Grayson wrote:
She started down a villainous path the moment she started treating young Cyclops badly for things he hasn't even done yet. :smt011


Probably join the Avengers then...
User avatar

Draco x

Fagorstorm

Postby Draco x » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:57 pm

Grayson wrote:
She started down a villainous path the moment she started treating young Cyclops badly for things he hasn't even done yet. :smt011


Does anyone think they're going to OMD Jean and Scott's relationship from the past by bringing their younger selves to the future and having her act like a bitch towards him?
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:02 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Probably join the Avengers then...


:shock:

Now that you mention it, she is basically holding the rest of the original X-Men hostage in the future. Plus, she is well on her way to joining the Illuminati if she continues mind-wiping people or mentally bending them to her will.

draco x wrote:Does anyone think they're going to OMD Jean and Scott's relationship from the past by bringing their younger selves to the future and having her act like a bitch towards him?


No. OMD's shit is getting old and it never works out! :P
User avatar

Grayson_Wayne_72

Rain Partier

Postby Grayson_Wayne_72 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:11 pm

Sadly I gotta say that All New and Uncanny X-Me are probably my two favorite books from Marvel right now. I say sadly because I really didn't want to get so into any X-Men title again but they are really really good reads right now.
User avatar

Draco x

Fagorstorm

Postby Draco x » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:07 pm

Grayson wrote:
:shock:

Now that you mention it, she is basically holding the rest of the original X-Men hostage in the future. Plus, she is well on her way to joining the Illuminati if she continues mind-wiping people or mentally bending them to her will.



No. OMD's shit is getting old and it never works out! :P


Agreed here.
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:09 pm

Tattooed Jesus wrote:Sadly I gotta say that All New and Uncanny X-Me are probably my two favorite books from Marvel right now. I say sadly because I really didn't want to get so into any X-Men title again but they are really really good reads right now.


They are incredible. It's like the antithesis of everything else Bendis has ever done (and I'm not a hater, I like his other stuff). It's very much Claremont style storytelling, imo.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Clockwork_Fish, FaceBook [Linkcheck], Google [Bot], Punchy, Sully85 and 50 guests