Advertisement

And the Newest Uncanny X-Men is...

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zero
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 66 posts
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Re: And the Newest Uncanny X-Men is...

Postby Zero » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:14 pm

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/04/10/ ... h-another/

Uncle Rich's spoiler tags are a thing of beauty.

Advertisement

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 715 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:27 pm

prozacman wrote:Wait!!! Old Angel or young Angel? Every one assumes it's young Angel, but has that been confirmed in the book?

its the Angel that came from the past with the rest of the Original X-men.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 553 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:39 pm

Zero wrote:http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/04/10/brian-bendis-spoils-one-x-men-comic-with-another/

Uncle Rich's spoiler tags are a thing of beauty.

:lol:
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1458 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:18 pm

I love this book, much more than I thought I would when it was announced but I still don't understand why they had to break Scott and Emma up.

Aside from that, as much as Bendis tried to tease otherwise, we pretty much always knew that the Stepford Cuckoos were a given to join Scott's team. I am intrigued by the idea of young Warren joining the Uncanny X-Men but I'm dying to know what type of ramifications this will have on the time stream, if any. Also, why did nobody else join Scott's team? Out of the entirety of the Jean Grey School only 4 students decided to sign up?
ImageImageImage

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Liked in: 357 posts
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom

Postby GOSD » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:47 am

Grayson wrote:I love this book, much more than I thought I would when it was announced but I still don't understand why they had to break Scott and Emma up.

Aside from that, as much as Bendis tried to tease otherwise, we pretty much always knew that the Stepford Cuckoos were a given to join Scott's team. I am intrigued by the idea of young Warren joining the Uncanny X-Men but I'm dying to know what type of ramifications this will have on the time stream, if any. Also, why did nobody else join Scott's team? Out of the entirety of the Jean Grey School only 4 students decided to sign up?

Would you? Scott's an A1 nutball. Being around him will only get you arrested or killed. I'd stay away from him if I could.

BTW, not surprised. Angel saw his possible future. Who wouldn't want to change that?

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:04 am

GOSD wrote:Would you? Scott's an A1 nutball. Being around him will only get you arrested or killed. I'd stay away from him if I could.

Absolutely! Scott was/is right, so I would join Scott's team.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 108 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:27 am

This issue serves as almost a deleted scenes of last week’s issue of All-New X-Men. We see the same conversation between Cyclops and the staff of the Jean Grey School, but at the same time, we see the psychic conversation that Emma Frost is having with the Stepford Cuckoos, and how she manages to convince them to join her side. This was not only interesting, but it managed to delay the shock revelation about which member of the original team joins Cyclops’ side to the end of this issue. As for that member, it’s not who I thought it would be, it’s original Angel! I was so sure that it would be Jean Grey, but this is cool too, he’s been the member of the OG X-Men that has been the most uncomfortable with what’s been going on, and here’s me theorising, what with Jean fiddling with his brain a few issues ago, there’s the possibility that he’s there under her direction. I’m seeing OG Jean being the overall villain of this story somehow, like she becomes Phoenix or something.

Maybe I’m crazy.

Either way, Angel being on Cyclops’ side is very cool indeed. Along with these exciting developments, there’s also some good character stuff with the new recruits, which is a lot of fun. These characters are all brand-new, and Bachalo draws them differently from Immonen, so it was useful to get a more focused look at each of their personalities and powers. I thought the scene between Tempus and the shape-changer was very well-done, how he changed very subtly. But wait, there’s more! Something’s up with Magik, she warps to Limbo and back for no real reason, it’s weird. She’s been the character that’s seemed least fucked-up by the Phoenix so far, but obviously, that’s not the reality. Bendis’ X-Men continues to just excellent comics, he’s rejuvenated, and so is the franchise.

Zero
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 66 posts
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Postby Zero » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:36 pm

I see Jean Grey turning antagonist at some point too, she's walking a very fine line already

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:44 pm

Zero wrote:I see Jean Grey turning antagonist at some point too, she's walking a very fine line already

She started down a villainous path the moment she started treating young Cyclops badly for things he hasn't even done yet. :smt011
ImageImageImage

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 1149 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:51 pm

Grayson wrote:
She started down a villainous path the moment she started treating young Cyclops badly for things he hasn't even done yet. :smt011

Probably join the Avengers then...

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 462 posts

Postby Draco x » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:57 pm

Grayson wrote:

Does anyone think they're going to OMD Jean and Scott's relationship from the past by bringing their younger selves to the future and having her act like a bitch towards him?

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:02 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Probably join the Avengers then...

:shock:

Now that you mention it, she is basically holding the rest of the original X-Men hostage in the future. Plus, she is well on her way to joining the Illuminati if she continues mind-wiping people or mentally bending them to her will.

draco x wrote:Does anyone think they're going to OMD Jean and Scott's relationship from the past by bringing their younger selves to the future and having her act like a bitch towards him?

No. OMD's shit is getting old and it never works out! :P
ImageImageImage

Tattooed Jesus
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 699 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby Tattooed Jesus » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:11 pm

Sadly I gotta say that All New and Uncanny X-Me are probably my two favorite books from Marvel right now. I say sadly because I really didn't want to get so into any X-Men title again but they are really really good reads right now.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 462 posts

Postby Draco x » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:07 pm

Grayson wrote:
:shock:

Now that you mention it, she is basically holding the rest of the original X-Men hostage in the future. Plus, she is well on her way to joining the Illuminati if she continues mind-wiping people or mentally bending them to her will.

No. OMD's shit is getting old and it never works out! :P

Agreed here.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 1149 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:09 pm

Tattooed Jesus wrote:Sadly I gotta say that All New and Uncanny X-Me are probably my two favorite books from Marvel right now. I say sadly because I really didn't want to get so into any X-Men title again but they are really really good reads right now.

They are incredible. It's like the antithesis of everything else Bendis has ever done (and I'm not a hater, I like his other stuff). It's very much Claremont style storytelling, imo.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand