Advertisement

The REAL Moment of the Week for 4/3/13

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Grayson
User avatar
Outhouse Drafter
 
Posts: 7943
Likes: 334 posts
Liked in: 587 posts
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:34 am
Location: The Darkest Timeline
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie


The REAL Moment of the Week for 4/3/13

Postby Grayson » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:15 pm

Because Zechs cheated to win, in the interest of fairness I have no choice but to declare that the REAL Moment of the Week for 4/3/13 was:

Image

"Hulk......WORTHY!" The Hulk lifts Mjölnir. - Indestructible Hulk #6
ImageImageImage

Advertisement

GHERU
User avatar

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 38952
Likes: 123 posts
Liked in: 172 posts
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:03 pm
Location: Fucking Akron


Re: The REAL Moment of the Week for 4/3/13

Postby GHERU » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:17 pm

true story
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

Amoebas
User avatar
Son of Stein
 
Posts: 19934
Likes: 147 posts
Liked in: 234 posts
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:27 pm
Location: Auburn, MA
Title: Amorphous Anomoly


Re: The REAL Moment of the Week for 4/3/13

Postby Amoebas » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:29 pm

Bah - it's meaningless scene.

Because this is a younger Thor, the hammer probably isn't enchanted yet with the whole 'worthy' stuff. Anyone from Willie Lumpkin to Thanos could probably pick it up.

Grayson
User avatar
Outhouse Drafter
 
Posts: 7943
Likes: 334 posts
Liked in: 587 posts
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:34 am
Location: The Darkest Timeline
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie


Re: The REAL Moment of the Week for 4/3/13

Postby Grayson » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:36 pm

Amoebas wrote:Bah - it's meaningless scene.

Because this is a younger Thor, the hammer probably isn't enchanted yet with the whole 'worthy' stuff. Anyone from Willie Lumpkin to Thanos could probably pick it up.


Doesn't matter, Zechs cheated. Besides, hasn't it been explained that Mjölnir has always been enchanted in the Marvel Universe? :smt102
ImageImageImage

Amoebas
User avatar
Son of Stein
 
Posts: 19934
Likes: 147 posts
Liked in: 234 posts
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:27 pm
Location: Auburn, MA
Title: Amorphous Anomoly


Re: The REAL Moment of the Week for 4/3/13

Postby Amoebas » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:19 pm

Grayson wrote:
Doesn't matter, Zechs cheated. Besides, hasn't it been explained that Mjölnir has always been enchanted in the Marvel Universe? :smt102

Have you read Marvel the last few years? Continuity doesn't matter if it gets in the way of the writer's story. I wish it weren't that way, but it is. :-(

Zechs
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 43603
Likes: 75 posts
Liked in: 120 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:10 pm
Location: From Parts Unknown
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D


Online


Re: The REAL Moment of the Week for 4/3/13

Postby Zechs » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:08 pm

Tsk. Tsk. Now this is true cheating. Making a thread and putting it as a Sticky when I'm at work. Define the way I cheated? I didn't use a single alias. I didn't even declare the moment forfiet like any tyrant should. Nope I asked and plead people to vote. See that's called "getting things done". :p

Grayson
User avatar
Outhouse Drafter
 
Posts: 7943
Likes: 334 posts
Liked in: 587 posts
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:34 am
Location: The Darkest Timeline
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie


Re: The REAL Moment of the Week for 4/3/13

Postby Grayson » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:18 pm

Zechs wrote:Tsk. Tsk. Now this is true cheating. Making a thread and putting it as a Sticky when I'm at work. Define the way I cheated? I didn't use a single alias. I didn't even declare the moment forfiet like any tyrant should. Nope I asked and plead people to vote. See that's called "getting things done". :p


Like I said, when I checked the thread last night between 10 and 11 PM, Godzilla only had 2 votes. Suddenly, Godzilla jumps to 9 votes and you immediately close the thread and declare it the winner. It just seems highly suspect to me. So, I took matters into my own hand and appointed the Hulk to be the one, true, People's Moment of the Week. I don't have to capability of making a thread "Sticky," so obviously the Powers That Be agreed with me. :smt102 :-D :P
ImageImageImage

Zechs
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 43603
Likes: 75 posts
Liked in: 120 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:10 pm
Location: From Parts Unknown
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D


Online


Re: The REAL Moment of the Week for 4/3/13

Postby Zechs » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:36 pm

Grayson wrote:
Like I said, when I checked the thread last night between 10 and 11 PM, Godzilla only had 2 votes. Suddenly, Godzilla jumps to 9 votes and you immediately close the thread and declare it the winner. It just seems highly suspect to me. So, I took matters into my own hand and appointed the Hulk to be the one, true, People's Moment of the Week. I don't have to capability of making a thread "Sticky," so obviously the Powers That Be agreed with me. :smt102 :-D :P

All I did was come home from work with an hour to spare. Now if you guys got say added more votes victory would be your's. Since I know Ru voted for your moment I'd say he stickyed this. So obviously this thread is favored unlike mine which is straight up the legal winner and in six months will be remembered more than this supposed winner. You know what I say to be true. So I ask any admin to unsticky this thread and I will make a "passing" mention in the official thread after I get off work.

Grayson
User avatar
Outhouse Drafter
 
Posts: 7943
Likes: 334 posts
Liked in: 587 posts
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:34 am
Location: The Darkest Timeline
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie


Re: The REAL Moment of the Week for 4/3/13

Postby Grayson » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:48 pm

Zechs wrote:All I did was come home from work with an hour to spare. Now if you guys got say added more votes victory would be your's. Since I know Ru voted for your moment I'd say he stickyed this.


Now hold on just a moment, let's not make any wild allegations here. We don't know who made this thread "Sticky" and we probably never will. There's no reason to go around blaming RU when he was probably just as much a victim here and the Hulk was.

So obviously this thread is favored unlike mine which is straight up the legal winner and in six months will be remembered more than this supposed winner. You know what I say to be true.


Listen, I love Godzilla as much as the next guy but come on Zechs...really? :P

So I ask any admin to unsticky this thread and I will make a "passing" mention in the official thread after I get off work.


I don't think you are going to get off so easy this time around my friend. The Hulk is the strongest one there is and the Hulk can not be denied.
ImageImageImage

Zechs
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 43603
Likes: 75 posts
Liked in: 120 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:10 pm
Location: From Parts Unknown
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D


Online


Re: The REAL Moment of the Week for 4/3/13

Postby Zechs » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:00 pm

Grayson wrote:
Now hold on just a moment, let's not make any wild allegations here. We don't know who made this thread "Sticky" and we probably never will. There's no reason to go around blaming RU when he was probably just as much a victim here and the Hulk was.



Listen, I love Godzilla as much as the next guy but come on Zechs...really? :P



I don't think you are going to get off so easy this time around my friend. The Hulk is the strongest one there is and the Hulk can not be denied.

Now now I know this "rebelious" attitude must be coming from your avatar. Now Godzilla Half Century War is the best Godzilla story IDW has put out. Now ask yourself when was the last time an Indy moment won. It was The Walking Dead or Chew. IDW has never won a moment of the week. So truly I am not the bad guy here. Obviously the true monsters are.. the Hulk fans. Denying an innocent small third party from winning. *sniff*

Zechs
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 43603
Likes: 75 posts
Liked in: 120 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:10 pm
Location: From Parts Unknown
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D


Online


Re: The REAL Moment of the Week for 4/3/13

Postby Zechs » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:08 pm

You know I get the feeling Hulk fans think I "screwed" them, when in truth they could have kept voting to win. Now I am not the monster. I have truthfully stated everything accordingly. I followed the rules and well it's really Hulk fans fault for not preparing. I warned you I pull a last minute stunt. So in effect I am as innocent as my avatar is.

Grayson
User avatar
Outhouse Drafter
 
Posts: 7943
Likes: 334 posts
Liked in: 587 posts
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:34 am
Location: The Darkest Timeline
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie


Re: The REAL Moment of the Week for 4/3/13

Postby Grayson » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:47 pm

Zechs, while you sit there, hopefully as drunk and comfortable as you possibly can be, I want you to listen to me. I want you to digest this because before I leave with your Moment of the Week title, I have a lot of things I want to get off my chest. I don’t hate Godzilla, Zechs. I don’t even dislike Godzilla. I do like Godzilla. I like Godzilla a hell of a lot more than I like most Intellectual Properties in the back. I hate this idea that Godzilla's the best. Because this week, it wasn't. Hulk was the best. Hulk is the strongest one there is. There’s one thing Godzilla's better at than the Hulk and that's destroying Tokyo. He's as good at destroying Tokyo as King Ghidorah was. I don’t know if he's as good as Destoroyah though. Destoroyah's a pretty good Tokyo destroyer. Always was and still is.

Whoops! I’m breaking the fourth wall! *Waves at the camera*

The Hulk had the BEST Moment of the Week.

Hulk's been the best since last Wednesday when he lifted Mjölnir in Jotunheim and he's been vilified and hated since that day because Mark Waid saw something in him that nobody else wanted to admit. That’s right, he's a Mark Waid guy. You know what else is a Mark Waid property? Boom! Studios and I bet they never won any of your Moment of the Weeks just like Hulk. But the biggest difference between Hulk and Boom! is I’m going to fight so that Hulk wins the Moment of the Week.

Hulk's grabbed so many of Tony Stark’s brass rings that it’s finally dawned on me that there just that, they’re completely imaginary. The only thing that’s real is Hulk and the fact that day in and day out, for almost fifty-one years, Hulk has proved to everybody in the world that he is the best in comics, the best on television, even in the Avengers! Nobody can touch Hulk!

And yet no matter how many times he proves it, Hulks not on your lovely little collector cups. Hulk's not on the cover of the program. Hulk's barely promoted. Hulk doesn't get to be have his own sequel. Hulk's certainly not on any crappy show on the ABC Network. Hulk's not on the poster of Iron Man 3. Hulk's not on the signature that you use each week to promote the Moment of the Week. Hulk's not on Conan O’Brian. Hulk's not on Jimmy Fallon. But the fact of the matter is, he should be. This isn’t sour grapes. But the fact that Godzilla is in the main event poll for the Moment of the Year at the end of the year and the Hulk's not makes me sick!

Oh hey, let me get something straight. Those of you who are cheering me right now, you are just as big a part of me leaving as anything else. Because you’re the ones who didn't vote for the Hulk. You’re the ones that go see those sequels that don't feature the Hulk. And then at five in the morning at the airport, you try to shove a poster in Mark Ruffalo's face and get an autograph and try to sell it on Ebay because you’re too lazy to go get a real job.

I’m leaving with the Moment of the Week. And hell, who knows, maybe I’ll go defend it at Bleeding Cool. Maybe…I’ll go back to Newsarama.

*Waves at the camera again*

Hey, Matt Brady, how you doing?

The reason I’m leaving is you people. Because after I’m gone, you’re still going to vote in Zech's polls. I’m just a spoke on the wheel. The wheel is going to keep turning and I understand that. Tony Stark is going to make money despite himself. He’s a millionaire who should be a billionaire. You know why he’s not a billionaire? Because he surrounds himself with glad-handed, non-sensical, douchebag (censored) yes men, like James Rhodes, who’s going to tell him everything he wants to hear, and I’d like to think that maybe the Avengers will better after Tony Stark is dead...

Damn it was hard to tailor that to fit this conversation! :P
ImageImageImage

Zechs
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 43603
Likes: 75 posts
Liked in: 120 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:10 pm
Location: From Parts Unknown
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D


Online


Re: The REAL Moment of the Week for 4/3/13

Postby Zechs » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:09 pm

lol *ahem* Now Grayson you claim to be for the little man. That's what this mini was for the little guy like you. This mini was written and drawn by one man. In fact he performed that rare feat no one at DC have ever tried. He made quite a special book. No one would pay attention to it though and it's been overlooked by your classics like Hulk. Now I'm not saying Hulk this week wasn't special I'm just saying for this one tiny moment let the indy win. Afterall, if you go anyplace else you'd get the same old results.

fieldy snuts
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 18804
Likes: 33 posts
Liked in: 158 posts
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:34 pm
Location: The 3040
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones


Re: The REAL Moment of the Week for 4/3/13

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:03 pm

zechs cheated once against me too in order to deny me. in the last hour of the poll 5 new accounts sprang up and voted for his preferred moment and then vanished to never browse this forum again.

props for doing what i should've done back then grayson.

fieldy snuts
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 18804
Likes: 33 posts
Liked in: 158 posts
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:34 pm
Location: The 3040
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones


Re: The REAL Moment of the Week for 4/3/13

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:04 pm

Found it, this poll to be specific:
the-news-stand/moment-the-week-spoilers-t42222.html

here's an excerpt:

lol wtf

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php? ... Itemid=109

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php? ... Itemid=109

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php? ... Itemid=109

Did these 3 guys honestly just register to vote for this moment 2mins after they registered and never return? And they registered in tandem one after the other?

Sorry if this seems paranoid but it really seems fishy. IP check anyone?


but the IP check never came :(

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck] and 199 guests

Advertisement