Advertisement

The REAL Moment of the Week for 4/3/13

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 525 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Re: The REAL Moment of the Week for 4/3/13

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:46 pm

:lol: I voted for Zechs' moment in exchange for a Looney Tunes article to get unique hits, as well as a promise to review a My Little Pony cartoon.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Advertisement

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 118 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:59 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:Found it, this poll to be specific:
the-news-stand/moment-the-week-spoilers-t42222.html

here's an excerpt:

but the IP check never came :(

That um wasn't me. I have never used an alias EVER. Though I can't even recall if I nominated it or not. For you it was the day a moment you wanted to win lost. For me? It was Wed. But if we're going that route I can name four times and four posters who have voted in the past and have never posted. But am I gonna link to these threads? Nah cause I don't care.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:52 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote::lol: I voted for Zechs' moment in exchange for a Looney Tunes article to get unique hits, as well as a promise to review a My Little Pony cartoon.

That's punishment enough. So can this thread be unsticked?

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 393 posts
Title: The Show Starts In 2 Minutes
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:53 pm

Zechs wrote:That um wasn't me. I have never used an alias EVER. .

Yeah draco-x is a clone, not an alias.

I say Zechs won that vote.

Yessssss

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 581 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:57 pm

Zechs wrote:That's punishment enough. So can this thread be unsticked?

You seem to be in an awfully big hurry to get this thread unsticked Zechs. Why is that Zechs? Does is make you nervous? Does it bother you to have this constant reminder hanging over your head like the proverbial Sword of Damocles? I think that this thread should remain at the top until next week when the new poll results are announced.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:13 pm

:lol: I cannot believe people actually I created alias's to do things. Why bother? All I ask is to vote for said moment. How is that cheating? Now, I cannot attest to OTHERS doing it, because if RICHARDS is going to lay the blame of that on me I am innocent. Check the IPS not one can be fingered back toward me.

Now.. if I really wanted to point fingers at others who I have my suspicions who could be creating fake accounts, but I'm not gonna make a thread or ask the mods. Why? Because it doesn't bother me. Nor does it bother me that when moments I know nominated in the past have lost due to fake accounts being piled on. Oh I know it's true, but I didn't make a thread declaring the other moment the winner. It's a flawed system but it is a system.

You can't blame me for Moment of the Year, because like Most Maddening Moment I posted it everywhere I could. Some of those places were places that had Hobgoblin fans on it. I cannot help that fact. :P

Back to this thread itself, I warned you all not once. I warned you TWICE that I wanted that moment to win. That by itself should tell you I was going to pull some crap like this and if you know I really want something to win, you know I'm gonna make damn sure I'm gonna try and win it.

I campaigned in that last hour for votes like any politician would do. Sure it's Nixon-like, but hey if you guys aren't gonna vote the last four times or comic of the week or cover of the week, then measures must be taken for at least one moment. I'm a fan. A damn die-hard one at that.

Besides is it Marvel or DC? No it isn't. Like I said before above the last time a freaking Moment of the Week won was The Walking Dead (I'm not counting freaking Vertigo books). What does that say to how well you all are engrained into this two party system? :P

Just accept the fact that #1 I'm good at recruiting votes at the last hour and #2 I'm not the only one to this and some in fact have used aliases to pad the vote. I can claim total innocence that I did not create a single alias to pad the votes. If there's a name on there I can tell you who it was. Said name in this past week's was a friend of mine who was a Godzilla fan. You can see said friend's post on voting via FB on said recruiting I did on the issue.

This message brought to you by INTERNET SERIOUS BUSINESS. Because there's no business as SERIOUS like the Internet. :P

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:15 pm

Grayson wrote:
You seem to be in an awfully big hurry to get this thread unsticked Zechs. Why is that Zechs? Does is make you nervous? Does it bother you to have this constant reminder hanging over your head like the proverbial Sword of Damocles? I think that this thread should remain at the top until next week when the new poll results are announced.

No because I'm about to update my thread with the damn thing making this entire thread mute. :-D Though if you guys keep pushing and this thread remains sticky I will instead post a picture of Dr. Doom owning the Hulk (AND I WILL. SEE THAT THERE. THAT'S A PROMISE. AGAIN. :twisted: ). And then continue to prance around not caring about this at all. :P

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:20 pm

And I give this thread six hours to be unsticky before I replace the moment you guys want WITH THIS PAGE:

THE CLOCK IS TICKING. :twisted:

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:37 pm

Zechs wrote:No because I'm about to update my thread with the damn thing making this entire thread mute. :-D

So what are you saying? You are going to update your thread to reflect that The Hulk also won Moment of the Week and it will share the Moment of the Week with Godzilla if this thread is unstickied?

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 158 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:59 pm

Zechs wrote:That um wasn't me. I have never used an alias EVER. Though I can't even recall if I nominated it or not. For you it was the day a moment you wanted to win lost. For me? It was Wed. But if we're going that route I can name four times and four posters who have voted in the past and have never posted. But am I gonna link to these threads? Nah cause I don't care.

you were the only one that loved red robin, were upset at the nightcrawler funeral beating that moment and then miraculously the votes came for yours out of thin air. literally.

that is very suspect.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:42 am

Grayson wrote:
So what are you saying? You are going to update your thread to reflect that The Hulk also won Moment of the Week and it will share the Moment of the Week with Godzilla if this thread is unstickied?

I already did. Check the front page. :-D

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:48 am

fieldy snuts wrote:
you were the only one that loved red robin, were upset at the nightcrawler funeral beating that moment and then miraculously the votes came for yours out of thin air. literally.

that is very suspect.

Nope. I wasn't the only one to enjoy Red Robin. Given this thing happened THREE years ago my pms to chappy, vinny, and whomever else I pmed asking to vote are more than likely deleted. Least I think let me get back on that since I think they are but they might not.

Anyway, given the moment is Red Robin oh I think I have a good clue who helped, but like I said it's only a suspicion, not fact. Geez has it been three years since Nightcrawler kicked the bucket? Wow.

EDIT: I looked through my PMs. They're gone. Sorry fieldy. You're just gonna have to hold to that DOOM-like grudge to remember something three years.. which by the way.. good. GOOD.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 525 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:13 am

Insane Reporter Rigs Contest, Berates Voters

A "moment of the week" contest on a comic book website turns ugly when the contest runner is involved in a vote-rigging scandal.

Scandal surrounded last week's Moment of the Week contest on hardcore comic book website The Outhouse when Zechs, the website's star Cartoon reporter and runner of the contest allegedly used unethical methods to coerce voters into selecting Godzilla: The Century War Ends as the winner over obvious favorite Hulk is Worthy! According to reports, Zechs promised unique front page hits by writing a possible fictitious article about The Looney Tunes Show being cancelled, tarnishing his reputation as a legitimate source of cartoon news scoops. The beleaguered writer even went so far as to vow to watch and review a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic cartoon in exchange for votes, showing just how far he had sunken in the depths of depravity.

Cont. on Page 7
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:21 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Insane Reporter Rigs Contest, Berates Voters

A "moment of the week" contest on a comic book website turns ugly when the contest runner is involved in a vote-rigging scandal.

Scandal surrounded last week's Moment of the Week contest on hardcore comic book website The Outhouse when Zechs, the website's star Cartoon reporter and runner of the contest allegedly used unethical methods to coerce voters into selecting Godzilla: The Century War Ends as the winner over obvious favorite Hulk is Worthy! According to reports, Zechs promised unique front page hits by writing a possible fictitious article about The Looney Tunes Show being cancelled, tarnishing his reputation as a legitimate source of cartoon news scoops. The beleaguered writer even went so far as to vow to watch and review a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic cartoon in exchange for votes, showing just how far he had sunken in the depths of depravity.

Cont. on Page 7

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:58 am

Zechs wrote:I already did. Check the front page. :-D

I saw that but I can't help but notice that the thread hasn't been updated the reflect the change. In any case, I have no further objections to unsticking this thread but then again, as I said earlier, I don't have that power. :smt102 :P
ImageImageImage

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand