Advertisement

Just Read New Avengers...

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 232 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Just Read New Avengers...

Postby nietoperz » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:04 am

So, thanks to Marvel's free #1 deal, I just read a bunch of NOW books that I haven't been picking up, and they were OK for the most part. I mean, both Thunderbolts and Cable and X-Force were better than I thought they would be (though I won't be picking them up regularly), though Uncanny X-Force and X-Men Legacy were pretty poor.

New Avengers, though: wow. I mean, I enjoy Avengers a great deal but have never really liked the idea of the Illuminati, which is why I gave this a miss. But #1 was good enough to make me buy and download #2-4 and immediately add the book to my pull. What a great book. Seriously, if DC are wondering why they're floundering just now they need to check this, All-New X-Men, Daredevil and Hawkguy to see how things are done.

Advertisement

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 955 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Re: Just Read New Avengers...

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:06 am

nietoperz wrote:So, thanks to Marvel's free #1 deal, I just read a bunch of NOW books that I haven't been picking up, and they were OK for the most part. I mean, both Thunderbolts and Cable and X-Force were better than I thought they would be (though I won't be picking them up regularly), though Uncanny X-Force and X-Men Legacy were pretty poor.

New Avengers, though: wow. I mean, I enjoy Avengers a great deal but have never really liked the idea of the Illuminati, which is why I gave this a miss. But #1 was good enough to make me buy and download #2-4 and immediately add the book to my pull. What a great book. Seriously, if DC are wondering why they're floundering just now they need to check this, All-New X-Men, Daredevil and Hawkguy to see how things are done.

Yes!
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:14 am

I thought New Avengers #1 was terrible, it only became a good book with the second instalment.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 367 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:04 am

If it wasn't for this and Manhattan Projects being phenomenal, I would not be spending so much money on Hickman stuff.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 955 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:22 am

New Avengers is way better than Avengers, btw.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1075 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:38 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:New Avengers is way better than Avengers, btw.

Agreed because New Avengers really spends time showing us just how truly hypocritical these Avengers have become. Mind wiping and doomsday device building is just another day at the office for these guy because at the end of that day, they want to blow up an Earth! Can't wait to see how condescending and judgmental these guys will be the next time any of them are in a room with Scott Summers. :P

That being said, I am definitely enjoying this book. It's an intriguing change of pace to see just what these men will do or what they will sacrifice in order to save their Earth.

oogy
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 127 posts
Formerly: oogyboy, Elwood P Dowd, OH USER #535

Postby oogy » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:56 am

Punchy wrote:I thought New Avengers #1 was terrible, it only became a good book with the second instalment.

Same here.

I bought 1-3 at the same time due to reviews here. If it hadn't been for the reviews I wouldn't have read anything after 1.

Stephen Colbert wrote:Everybody knows I don't see race. People tell me I'm white and I believe them because I get pretty good service at the Cracker Barrel.

Ron Swanson wrote:You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Johnny Smith
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 164 posts
Title: Metadata Broker

Postby Johnny Smith » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:07 pm

I give it a thumbs up :D

Zero
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 65 posts
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Postby Zero » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:12 pm

I really enjoyed #1 and each subsequent issue has been great. The ending to #4 was a nice bit of genuine heroism after all the darkness.

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 232 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:15 pm

Zero wrote:I really enjoyed #1 and each subsequent issue has been great. The ending to #4 was a nice bit of genuine heroism after all the darkness.

Agreed. The fact is, these characters are trying to do the right thing and are being faced with some appalling choices, but in the end they are heroes. They want to save our world without having to kill anyone to do so, but are being made increasingly aware that this may not be possible.

Zero
Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:19 pm

On an Avengers note, I'm really not excited for the Nick Spencer co-written issues. Unless they somehow feature Jimmy Olsen.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 388 posts

Postby Draco x » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:55 pm

The only thing appealing about the New Avengers so far is the current Iron Patriot although the character belongs on Dark Avengers in my opinion.

Zero
Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:03 pm

draco x wrote:The only thing appealing about the New Avengers so far is the current Iron Patriot although the character belongs on Dark Avengers in my opinion.

Did I miss something?

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1075 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:06 pm

draco x wrote:The only thing appealing about the New Avengers so far is the current Iron Patriot although the character belongs on Dark Avengers in my opinion.

Iron Patriot is not a member of the Illuminati or the New Avengers.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 388 posts

Postby Draco x » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:06 pm

Zero wrote:
Did I miss something?

Oh my bad I got this mixed up with Secret Avengers. My apologies.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand