Friday, May 6, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "At least we're not ComicBook.com!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Die, Comixology, Die! Marvel to Destroy Digital Comics Once and For All

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:53 pm

bkthomson wrote:I skipped Ender Game and John Carter stuff.

One of the John Carter series has some wicked Ramon Perez art, though.

baggle

hobo killer

Postby baggle » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:14 pm

Am I weird for thinking it's crazy to skip any of them? If I'm offered 723 free full comics, I'm getting 723 of them. Besides skipping entire sections (which it looks like you did), it would almost take more time to be selective than just adding them all.

Now I'll kill my own argument by saying that I'd understand if you wanted to keep your Comixology library manageable. It made sense for me to just grab them all since I only have a handful of comics already attached to my account.

GiveWarAChance

Fagorstorm

Postby GiveWarAChance » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:17 pm

I got my email earlier today. It went to my junk folder, so I didn't notice it until now.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:23 pm

Originally I had skipped those and also the Ultimate Universe stuff, but then I figured, fuck it, and went back and got it all.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:39 pm

I got mine today while I was out grocery shopping. I took only 93 comics. I will probably write quickie reviews for a bunch of them if I ever get around to reading half of them.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:54 pm

baggle wrote:Am I weird for thinking it's crazy to skip any of them? If I'm offered 723 free full comics, I'm getting 723 of them. Besides skipping entire sections (which it looks like you did), it would almost take more time to be selective than just adding them all.

Now I'll kill my own argument by saying that I'd understand if you wanted to keep your Comixology library manageable. It made sense for me to just grab them all since I only have a handful of comics already attached to my account.

Yeah, I'll get all they have to offer.

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:09 pm

Keb wrote:I got mine today while I was out grocery shopping. I took only 93 comics. I will probably write quickie reviews for a bunch of them if I ever get around to reading half of them.

Why just 93?

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:33 pm

Please give us up to 12 hours while we place your 723 comics into your library. Once your books are ready, we will send you an email letting you know that your comics are available for download.

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:59 pm

Oh I also forgot to mention I did not add the Rob Liefield Heroes Reborn Captain America. I have standards.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:15 pm

GLX wrote:
Why just 93?

Midnight Marauders and Enter the Wu-Tang :smt102

Didn't think I would read the rest.

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:07 pm

baggle wrote:Am I weird for thinking it's crazy to skip any of them? If I'm offered 723 free full comics, I'm getting 723 of them. Besides skipping entire sections (which it looks like you did), it would almost take more time to be selective than just adding them all.

I'm of the mind that for some things, free isn't even worth it.

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:09 pm

alaska1125 wrote:I'm of the mind that for some things, free isn't even worth it.

Rob Liefeld Captain America. No way do I want my son to stumble across that issue and have to explain it or find out he likes it.

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:10 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:got mine, ordered 723 comics.

Wait! What happen to not worth it? Lying....

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:13 pm

bkthomson wrote:Wait! What happen to not worth it? Lying....

:lol:

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:27 pm

bkthomson wrote:
Rob Liefeld Captain America. No way do I want my son to stumble across that issue and have to explain it or find out he likes it.

Right? Won't someone at Marvel think.of the children?!?!?

leave a comment with facebook