Advertisement

Videogames...

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 516 posts
Title: I have no idea…
Formerly: beta-ray

Re: Videogames...

Postby sdsichero » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:12 pm

misac wrote:
And you're a weirdo!! :x

:cry:
Image Image Image ImageImage

Advertisement

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:02 am

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:35 pm

I'm still amazed it is coming here...

Project X Zone Release Date Announced

Namco Bandai has announced that Project X Zone is headed to 3DS on June 25th in North America. The news comes via its official site and has since been confirmed to IGN by Namco representatives, though a specific European date hasn't been revealed just yet.

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 36 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:09 am

more game play footage from Lego Marvel Super Heroes

I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:01 am

Next Xbox reveal due 21st May, costs $500 or $300 with a subscription, reports suggest

Microsoft will reveal its next-generation Xbox at an event on 21st May, multiple reports have suggested.

The console will launch in "early November", seasoned Microsoft analyst Paul Thurrot has revealed. These details have been independently backed up by The Verge.

Named just "Xbox", Microsoft's machine will be "expensive" and cost around $500 (roughly £326, although likely higher in the UK). A lower price $300 (£195) model will also be available with some form of subscription.

Regarding the console's rumoured "always-online" component, Thurrot reiterated what we knew already - that previous Microsoft design documents have mentioned the feature.

"Looking at some of the stuff I got a long time ago, it actually says 'must be internet-connected to use' in the notes," Thurrot claimed. "And that's all I have, but it does say that."

SuperginraiX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 84 posts
Title: unpronounceable
Formerly: Sane

Postby SuperginraiX » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:09 am

It's not that this would affect ME much since I have a constant internet connection but... well, actually it does since my "constant" connection cuts out every once in a while. It's bad enough that I randomly get kicked out of multiplayer because of it but how annoying would it be to be kicked out of a single player game?

And what about people who live in rural areas where a constant internet connection isn't the norm?

Hopefully, this "must be internet-connect to use" thing isn't actually happening. Yet. I mean, ten years from now? It makes sense. Right now? Still seems sort of pipe-dreamy.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:50 pm

SuperginraiX wrote:It's not that this would affect ME much since I have a constant internet connection but... well, actually it does since my "constant" connection cuts out every once in a while. It's bad enough that I randomly get kicked out of multiplayer because of it but how annoying would it be to be kicked out of a single player game?

And what about people who live in rural areas where a constant internet connection isn't the norm?

Hopefully, this "must be internet-connect to use" thing isn't actually happening. Yet. I mean, ten years from now? It makes sense. Right now? Still seems sort of pipe-dreamy.

Or if the servers experience a Marvel 700 event

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:54 pm

Microsoft to Bring Omni-Spatial Gesturing & Glasses-Free 3D UI to Future Smartphones, TVs & Xbox Controller

The US Patent & Trademark Office recently published a patent application from Microsoft that reveals that they have their eye on a future 3D Glasses-Free User Interface for a possible full range of devices including smartphones, a next generation Xbox controller and smart TVs. Microsoft's invention focuses on implementing a newly advanced omni-spatial gesturing input system that includes specialized gesture sensors. The new gesturing technology is intended to provide users with a superior means of executing hover based gesturing on future devices that are accurately delivered on both regular and 3D user interfaces

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:17 am

A lot of the same footage of LEGO Marvel Super Heroes but no commentary. x-posted in LEGO thread

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:57 am

Warner Bros. grabs domains for Mad Max game

Warner Bros. has grabbed a few domains for what seems to be a Mad Max game. MadMaxGame.com - MadMaxTheGame.com - WorldGoneMadLegendOfMax.com are now under Warner Bros. possession.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:40 pm

SEGA Confirms Castle of Illusion HD Remake

SEGA has officially confirmed a HD update of the Genesis/Mega Drive classic Castle of Illusion will be released in Summer 2013.

The game will be available through on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC and is being developed by SEGA Studios Australia.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:36 pm

uhm ok

Bored With Your Pigeon Boyfriend? Try A T-Rex Dating Sim!

For those of us who gave up on dating humans, but do not want to resort to carrying wigs on trains, Japanese dating sims like "Hatoful Boyfriend" gave us a glimpse of how it is to date pigeons (literally). But now, there is "Jurassic Heart" that lets you date Taira-kun, who is a ukulele playing T-rex!

I ended up having a good ending and it was really sweet. Both Jurrasic Heart and Hatoful Boyfriend are for females, but do not worry. There is PacaPlus, a dating sim where your human girlfriend turns into an alpaca.

Images at the link

SuperginraiX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 84 posts
Title: unpronounceable
Formerly: Sane

Postby SuperginraiX » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:37 am

After the disappointment of Bioshock Infinite, I needed to go do something a little more old school that would take me more than a week to play through. I went with the Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection so that I could play through all the Phantasy Star games. I'm right in the middle of the first Phantasy Star which is an unlockable Master System game on the Genesis Collection.

So I'm using the power of the X-Box 360 to play a 16-bit collection... and using it to play an 8-bit game.

I was worried that all the level grinding would burn me out. I could do all of that back when I was ten but modern games have made me impatient with the believe that I should level up just by playing the game and not by running in a circle for an hour just fighting random enemies. It turns out I'm just obsessive compulsive enough that the grinding in Phantasy Star is relaxing. It helps that I'm not waiting for the game to load every battle.

The pseudo 3D dungeons amaze me WAY more than they should. I mean, these are simplistic things that you can SEE how they did it and I'm used to ACTUAL 3 Dimensional games and I STILL THINK IT'S COOL. :D

The game is pretty fun. It's definitely an EARLY look at what RPGs could be. The characters are HARDLY characters but the cutscenes are nice. The vehicles require a few too many button presses but are otherwise cool. It gives me fond memories of playing Final Fantasy and Dragon Warrior.

So, I'm covered for a few weeks on the gaming front.

baggle
hobo killer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Really Britta'd that one

Postby baggle » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:52 am

I know that this is hardly a video game focused forum in general, but anyone else have some love for Guacamelee?

It's a really fun Metroidvania-style (referring to games like Metroid or Castlevania where you traverse a 2D world and usually unlock new abilities as you go which allow you to reach new areas) game with a luchador theme and art style. The combo system in the combat is surprisingly deep, and it's immensely satisfying to tackle a big group of enemies without letting them harm you because you've been suplexing one enemy into several others, causing splash damage.

The game also does the 'cross-buy' thing for PS3/Vita well. You buy it once and can play it on either platform (I've played exclusively on the Vita so far), and you can upload your save at any point to PSN so you can continue your game on the other system. I swear I'm not a shill for Sony, I just really like this game.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 41 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:04 am

SuperginraiX wrote:After the disappointment of Bioshock Infinite

Huh?? :swear:

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum