Advertisement

What movie NEEDS a sequel/prequel/remake?

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 35 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Re: What movie NEEDS a sequel/prequel/remake?

Postby bkthomson » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:48 pm

Megaforce, classic 80's.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

Advertisement

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 274 posts

Postby Draco x » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:33 pm

Grayson wrote:
I wouldn't mind a sequel to Unbreakable. I think Shyamalan has actually stated that he always intended to make a sequel but it never got off the ground because of the performance of the first film. A damn shame if you ask me. :smt011

Isn't M Nigh Shyamalan one of the most hated directors in Hollywood aside from Michael Bay though? His first few movies were good but the ones like The Village and so on have gotten dismal reviews.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:34 pm

Grayson wrote:

I hate to sound like a broken record but:

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand

LOL.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:36 pm

I did at one point hear they were doing a 4th Mummy film but due to how bad the third one was I doubt that will come out anytime soon. The only thing I actually liked about the third one was Jet Li-although he was nowhere as interesting a villain as Arnold Vosloo's Imhotep.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 327 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:26 pm

Big Trouble in Little China
Buckaroo Banzai

And I'm still waiting for...

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 35 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:30 pm

Cat from Outer Space.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 852 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:30 pm

Amoebas wrote:And I'm still waiting for...

:shock:

They would have to make 14 movies between now and 2015 to make that happen!
ImageImageImage

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 112 posts

Postby dairydead » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:34 pm

Grayson wrote:
Ugh, I just want to forget the Spinosaurus as a whole. :smt011

I don't know, I feel that the sequels failed because they attempted to make them too kid friendly. That's why I would like the next movie to be a little bit more smaller scale. Expanding the original operation to even more islands is a step in the wrong direction in my opinion. Imagine how awesome the imagery would be if we go back to an Isla Nublar that has been allowed to grow and basically remain unmolested for over 20 years.

EXACTLY. I was just having this discussion with a friend. The big reason the sequels failed is because they not only failed to touch on similar themes to the first film, but because they refused to play on nostalgia of revisiting the themes and locations of the first film. I was pissed, as a kid, that every JP related media focused not on the failed amusement park, but genetic engineering and random other islands i could care less about. I think the filmmakers wrongly assumed JP is a classic because Dinosaurs eat people. I think a lot of the success plays into the awesome idea of the "amusement park gone wrong". The best part of JP, to me, was the world building and the fleshed out amusement park; the innocence, and the innocence lost when things escalate to the point of violence and absurdity due to careless mistakes.

It is honestly one of my dreams since childhood to go back to the story of the original, go back to the original island, to uncover stuff left hanging from the first movie, and reveal even more interesting things about the original movie.
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:44 pm

dairydead wrote:
EXACTLY. I was just having this discussion with a friend. The big reason the sequels failed is because they not only failed to touch on similar themes to the first film, but because they refused to play on nostalgia of revisiting the themes and locations of the first film. I was pissed, as a kid, that every JP related media focused not on the failed amusement park, but genetic engineering and random other islands i could care less about. I think the filmmakers wrongly assumed JP is a classic because Dinosaurs eat people. I think a lot of the success plays into the awesome idea of the "amusement park gone wrong". The best part of JP, to me, was the world building and the fleshed out amusement park; the innocence, and the innocence lost when things escalate to the point of violence and absurdity due to careless mistakes.

It is honestly one of my dreams since childhood to go back to the story of the original, go back to the original island, to uncover stuff left hanging from the first movie, and reveal even more interesting things about the original movie.

If they get Spieldberg or someone just as good to direct the 4th one, this can hopefully happen. The guy that replaced Spielberg in the 3rd one fucked up the whole franchise. I liked the first and second JP myself but the third one just felt like a cheesy 80's action flick with dinosaurs in it.

Lord Ice
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 109 posts

Postby Lord Ice » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:14 pm

When Worlds Collide and Logan's Run could do with remakes but they've both been in development hell for years.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 852 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:24 pm

dairydead wrote:EXACTLY. I was just having this discussion with a friend. The big reason the sequels failed is because they not only failed to touch on similar themes to the first film, but because they refused to play on nostalgia of revisiting the themes and locations of the first film. I was pissed, as a kid, that every JP related media focused not on the failed amusement park, but genetic engineering and random other islands i could care less about. I think the filmmakers wrongly assumed JP is a classic because Dinosaurs eat people. I think a lot of the success plays into the awesome idea of the "amusement park gone wrong". The best part of JP, to me, was the world building and the fleshed out amusement park; the innocence, and the innocence lost when things escalate to the point of violence and absurdity due to careless mistakes.

Absolutely, there are all kinds of interesting things that you could still do on the original island. The first movie really only explored a very small, contained area of the island. BioSyn's agent Lewis Dodgson told Nedry to steal all 15 Embryos from InGen's Cold Storage and in the movie itself we only saw 7 species. There are still 8 other species living on Isla Nublar. Who knows what kind of facilities or goodies could be hiding in the paddocks of the animals that we didn't see. Hell, there's supposedly a volcanic side of the island that we never ever saw!

Like I said earlier, I would completely scrap the second and third movie while introducing BioSyn as the film's human antagonists who have secretly set up their operation on Isla Nublar. Hammond's grandson, Tim Murphy gets wind of this and has been desperately trying to save what is left of his grandfather's company. Fearing that BioSyn will create another incident which will no doubt blow back on InGen, Tim recruits a team to go back to the island and end the nightmare once and for all. Unfortunately, Tim relies too much upon his belief that he knows the island. Arriving 20 years after the last time he set foot on Isla Nublar, Tim and his team discover an ecosystem that has evolved without human interaction. The InGen team is forced to fight not only BioSyn but also a complex ecosystem that they truly know nothing about.

Think about the emotion that audience will feel the moment that a grown up Tim explores the wreckage of an abandoned Ford Explorer, only to come face to face with the Tyrannosaurus again. What about Tim moving slowly through the Jurassic Park Visitor's Center that has been reclaimed by the jungle. The halls are dark, overrun with vines and plant life. Maybe he is communicating with someone through his radio and then he hears the familiar and horrifying sound of a six inch claw clicking across what remains of the tile floor before it is accompanied by the call of a Velociraptor. That's the thing about Jurassic Park. It's not some mindless action movie, it's a thriller. You need to build suspense.
ImageImageImage

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:54 pm

Grayson wrote:
Absolutely, there are all kinds of interesting things that you could still do on the original island. The first movie really only explored a very small, contained area of the island. BioSyn's agent Lewis Dodgson told Nedry to steal all 15 Embryos from InGen's Cold Storage and in the movie itself we only saw 7 species. There are still 8 other species living on Isla Nublar. Who knows what kind of facilities or goodies could be hiding in the paddocks of the animals that we didn't see. Hell, there's supposedly a volcanic side of the island that we never ever saw!

Like I said earlier, I would completely scrap the second and third movie while introducing BioSyn as the film's human antagonists who have secretly set up their operation on Isla Nublar. Hammond's grandson, Tim Murphy gets wind of this and has been desperately trying to save what is left of his grandfather's company. Fearing that BioSyn will create another incident which will no doubt blow back on InGen, Tim recruits a team to go back to the island and end the nightmare once and for all. Unfortunately, Tim relies too much upon his belief that he knows the island. Arriving 20 years after the last time he set foot on Isla Nublar, Tim and his team discover an ecosystem that has evolved without human interaction. The InGen team is forced to fight not only BioSyn but also a complex ecosystem that they truly know nothing about.

Think about the emotion that audience will feel the moment that a grown up Tim explores the wreckage of an abandoned Ford Explorer, only to come face to face with the Tyrannosaurus again. What about Tim moving slowly through the Jurassic Park Visitor's Center that has been reclaimed by the jungle. The halls are dark, overrun with vines and plant life. Maybe he is communicating with someone through his radio and then he hears the familiar and horrifying sound of a six inch claw clicking across what remains of the tile floor before it is accompanied by the call of a Velociraptor. That's the thing about Jurassic Park. It's not some mindless action movie, it's a thriller. You need to build suspense.

Now this is good writing. If the shmuck who made the third film had actually hired good writers to give us a well thought out storyline, JP3 wouldn't have been a shitcan movie. What I would add though is to put a Giganotosaurus against the T-Rex as that would have been more interesting than the Spino.

Mr. Log
rubber spoon

Liked in: 136 posts
Title: HRUNK!
Formerly: Log-Man

Postby Mr. Log » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:45 pm

Grayson wrote:
:shock:

They would have to make 14 movies between now and 2015 to make that happen!

Don't give them any ideas!

covalesky
Expert Post Whore

Liked in: 1 post

Postby covalesky » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:33 am

Superman Returns needs to be eclipsed by a remake.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 327 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:53 am

I'd like to see another Serenity.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum