Thursday, May 5, 2016 • Morning Edition • "For when you've got nowhere else to go."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


Official Random Thoughts on Comics Thread

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:51 pm

I really hate when a series doesn't keep the spine look of their tpbs consistent.

See below:
Image
User avatar

mrorangesoda

FROGMAN

Postby mrorangesoda » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:55 pm

My Hawkeye trade bugs the hell out of me for the same reason
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:01 pm

In comparison, look at how nice the Elephantmen trades are:

Image

That's what I like about smaller companies. The little thoughts that go in to a project.
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:53 pm

Intros to trades often bore me. The Sandman ones are the worst.
User avatar

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:09 am

I know it's old news, but DC's trade programme pisses me off. No more JLI trades despite vol 6 ending on a cliffhanger. Suicide Squad vol 2 solicited but never released. The whole thing is clown shoes, really.
User avatar

oogy

Outhouse Drafter

Postby oogy » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:44 am

I think it's ridiculous that people are willing to pay a lot of money for out of print trades when you can usually get the singles for cover or less.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:17 am

I get unfeasibly pissed off when story titles and credits are at the end of an issue and not the start.

I think it may be the main reason Geoff Johns often annoys me.

Put the title at the start!
User avatar

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:38 am

Punchy wrote:I get unfeasibly pissed off when story titles and credits are at the end of an issue and not the start.

I think it may be the main reason Geoff Johns often annoys me.

Put the title at the start!


YES!!!
User avatar

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:19 am

I actually don't mind that if it's the start of an arc or something.
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:35 am

nietoperz wrote:I know it's old news, but DC's trade programme pisses me off. No more JLI trades despite vol 6 ending on a cliffhanger. Suicide Squad vol 2 solicited but never released. The whole thing is clown shoes, really.

One of the reasons why I don't bother reading DC comics.

Even Marvel's 6 month wait between HC and TP versions bugs me.

Another thing that bugs me is that they are now releasing trades for 3-5 issues as opposed 6-8. I liked the 6-8 because I felt like I was really getting my money's worth. Now it feels like I'm paying the same price for less. One of the reasons why I started buying singles for Marvel NAO!
User avatar

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:04 pm

Punchy wrote:I get unfeasibly pissed off when story titles and credits are at the end of an issue and not the start.

I think it may be the main reason Geoff Johns often annoys me.

Put the title at the start!


100% agreed!
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:13 pm

I hate when a comic book comes polybagged.

Also, I really hate this Marvel AR crap. I don't use it and it just seems to clutter up the panels and pages.
User avatar

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:13 pm

Grayson wrote:Also, I really hate this Marvel AR crap. I don't use it and it just seems to clutter up the panels and pages.


I don't mind it as much. The problem with it is that they don't take advantage of it as much with the amount of AR features and what they actually put into them. Also, it won't work if the lighting is too bright. :|
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:28 pm

GLX wrote:I don't mind it as much. The problem with it is that they don't take advantage of it as much with the amount of AR features and what they actually put into them. Also, it won't work if the lighting is too bright. :|


I feel that I wouldn't mind it as much if they just put a note at the beginning of the book on the title page that simply let's the reader know that the issue is AR compatible. They don't need to paste the logo 3-4 times on every page.
User avatar

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:31 pm

Grayson wrote:
I feel that I wouldn't mind it as much if they just put a note at the beginning of the book on the title page that simply let's the reader know that the issue is AR compatible. They don't need to paste the logo 3-4 times on every page.


They do that on the credits page. The AR logo inside the panels indicates which pages use it. Otherwise, someone who wanted to take advantage of the feature would have to randomly scan every page just to find one that used it.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gavincantdraw, Jack Burton and 73 guests