Advertisement

What movie NEEDS a sequel/prequel/remake?

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Lord Simian
User avatar
The Lord of the Monkeys
 
Posts: 34813
Likes: 113 posts
Liked in: 204 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:57 am
Location: Poosting from The Outhouse


Re: What movie NEEDS a sequel/prequel/remake?

Postby Lord Simian » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:43 pm

Howard the Duck needs a remake.

Advertisement

bkthomson
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 23385
Likes: 7 posts
Liked in: 34 posts
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:14 pm
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse


Re: What movie NEEDS a sequel/prequel/remake?

Postby bkthomson » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:48 pm

Condorman!
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

covalesky
User avatar
Expert Post Whore
 
Posts: 5290
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:48 am


Re: What movie NEEDS a sequel/prequel/remake?

Postby covalesky » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:11 pm

Amoebas wrote:I'd like to see another Serenity.


2nd

Zechs
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 43644
Likes: 83 posts
Liked in: 138 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:10 pm
Location: From Parts Unknown
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D


Re: What movie NEEDS a sequel/prequel/remake?

Postby Zechs » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:50 pm

Grayson wrote:
Ugh, I just want to forget the Spinosaurus as a whole. :smt011

I don't know, I feel that the sequels failed because they attempted to make them too kid friendly. That's why I would like the next movie to be a little bit more smaller scale. Expanding the original operation to even more islands is a step in the wrong direction in my opinion. Imagine how awesome the imagery would be if we go back to an Isla Nublar that has been allowed to grow and basically remain unmolested for over 20 years.


Kid friendly? A freaking little kid got chewed up nicely in the first sequel. Half the people on the bad guys hunting party got either eaten up by the T-Rexes or feasted on by the Raptors. Then we have the grisly death of that West Wing dude and the main bad guy. Nasty stuff.

God that movie had some great gore. :-D The second one though felt so darn tame. Though I fully blame the producers for listening to Jack Horner for Jurassic 3. The T-Rex having such a small role and Spiney having such a large one is all his fault. I don't care that his freaking T-Rex is a scavenger theory. The damn thing is a screen legend predator. LET IT BE A GODDAMN PREDATOR!!!

Still kudos at the very least for the briefly awesome Rex vs. Spiney fight. *looks up what Old Jack has done since*

Ew... the dude is on the same level as Looney Bin Jim. :shock:
Image
Image

Image


sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Grayson
User avatar
Outhouse Drafter
 
Posts: 8042
Likes: 354 posts
Liked in: 638 posts
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:34 am
Location: The Darkest Timeline
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie


Re: What movie NEEDS a sequel/prequel/remake?

Postby Grayson » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:20 pm

Zechs wrote:Kid friendly? A freaking little kid got chewed up nicely in the first sequel. Half the people on the bad guys hunting party got either eaten up by the T-Rexes or feasted on by the Raptors. Then we have the grisly death of that West Wing dude and the main bad guy. Nasty stuff.

God that movie had some great gore. :-D


Jurassic Park was a phenomenon because although it was a horror/suspense film, kids loved it. The sequels were made with that in mind. The story in both The Lost World: Jurassic Park and Jurassic Park III was extremely dumbed down. They gutted all the high concept ideas in favor of flashier action sequences. Instead of questions about the ethics behind the science or the impact reintroducing these creatures would have on the enviroment, we are given scenes with the Tyrannosaurus drinking out of a swimming pool and eating a kid's dog.

Besides, I didn't say they were kid friendly, just that the studio attempted to make them more too kid friendly. Like I said, kids LOVED the first movie. They needed to sell toys, so instead of going in the direction that Michael Crichton mapped out in his books, the studio came up with this silly idea about opening up a second park in San Diego, so they could have a "cool" action sequence with the T-Rex. Jurassic Park III even featured a kid who has capable of surviving on a island full of dinosaurs by himself, hell, he even rescued Alan Grant at one point in time during the movie! If your kid could sit through Jurassic Park, they would have no problem sitting through either of the sequels.
ImageImageImage

Draco x
User avatar
FROGMAN
 
Posts: 8674
Likes: 687 posts
Liked in: 211 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: What movie NEEDS a sequel/prequel/remake?

Postby Draco x » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:53 pm

Grayson wrote:
Jurassic Park was a phenomenon because although it was a horror/suspense film, kids loved it. The sequels were made with that in mind. The story in both The Lost World: Jurassic Park and Jurassic Park III was extremely dumbed down. They gutted all the high concept ideas in favor of flashier action sequences. Instead of questions about the ethics behind the science or the impact reintroducing these creatures would have on the enviroment, we are given scenes with the Tyrannosaurus drinking out of a swimming pool and eating a kid's dog.

Besides, I didn't say they were kid friendly, just that the studio attempted to make them more too kid friendly. Like I said, kids LOVED the first movie. They needed to sell toys, so instead of going in the direction that Michael Crichton mapped out in his books, the studio came up with this silly idea about opening up a second park in San Diego, so they could have a "cool" action sequence with the T-Rex. Jurassic Park III even featured a kid who has capable of surviving on a island full of dinosaurs by himself, hell, he even rescued Alan Grant at one point in time during the movie! If your kid could sit through Jurassic Park, they would have no problem sitting through either of the sequels.


That's another thing I hated about the third movie was that idiotic notion that a 10 year old kid could survive on that island for 8 weeks but grown men who have military and hunting skills are killed off within minutes after entering the island. I mean the second movie had its flaws and all but at least it didn't insult anyone's intelligence for the most part. The logic of third one with that kid was basically something out of a Scooby Doo cartoon. Unless the dinosaurs had some moral code about not killing kids, that boy would have been dead within a day after landing on that island.

Draco x
User avatar
FROGMAN
 
Posts: 8674
Likes: 687 posts
Liked in: 211 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: What movie NEEDS a sequel/prequel/remake?

Postby Draco x » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:56 pm

Zechs wrote:
Kid friendly? A freaking little kid got chewed up nicely in the first sequel. Half the people on the bad guys hunting party got either eaten up by the T-Rexes or feasted on by the Raptors. Then we have the grisly death of that West Wing dude and the main bad guy. Nasty stuff.

God that movie had some great gore. :-D The second one though felt so darn tame. Though I fully blame the producers for listening to Jack Horner for Jurassic 3. The T-Rex having such a small role and Spiney having such a large one is all his fault. I don't care that his freaking T-Rex is a scavenger theory. The damn thing is a screen legend predator. LET IT BE A GODDAMN PREDATOR!!!

Still kudos at the very least for the briefly awesome Rex vs. Spiney fight. *looks up what Old Jack has done since*

Ew... the dude is on the same level as Looney Bin Jim. :shock:


The Spino vs T-Rex fight was so lame as they just cheapened the T-Rex to make the Spino look good. At least the King Kong vs T-Rex fight was much better done as that was done in a much better way that didn't cheapen either creature. Plus at least you cared about King Kong where as the Spino was just forgettable.

MajorTool
User avatar
Steroid User
 
Posts: 34
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:03 am


Re: What movie NEEDS a sequel/prequel/remake?

Postby MajorTool » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:27 pm

Willow!
But I don't know if I'd like to see a remake or a sequel.




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

HNutz
User avatar
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106
 
Posts: 14461
Likes: 2688 posts
Liked in: 401 posts
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:22 pm


Re: What movie NEEDS a sequel/prequel/remake?

Postby HNutz » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:40 pm

For the new kids who didn't grow up with them, I'd like to see them do something with movies like:

The Last Starfighter
The Goonies
The Monster Squad
Fletch
Clue

Maybe it's a reboot (good for The Last Starfighter or The Monster Squad), maybe it's a prequel (Fletch) or maybe it's just a straight up sequel (Goonies). But I think there's potential here.

I hear there's talk of doing something with Mad Max and rumors about Escape From New York . That could be interesting...

Rockman
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 27436
Likes: 90 posts
Liked in: 273 posts
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:25 pm
Formerly: AMS


Re: What movie NEEDS a sequel/prequel/remake?

Postby Rockman » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:49 pm

there is a new Mad Max filming right now I think.

I think The Goonies would have to be a reboot/sequel type of thing with the children of the original Goonies going on their own adventure.

They are making a sequel/reboot/remake of Vacation with Ed Helms starring as Rusty Griswold taking his own family to Wallyworld since he enjoyed it so much when he was a kid. I hope he chooses to call this time around.

Draco x
User avatar
FROGMAN
 
Posts: 8674
Likes: 687 posts
Liked in: 211 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: What movie NEEDS a sequel/prequel/remake?

Postby Draco x » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:37 pm

Rockman wrote:there is a new Mad Max filming right now I think.

I think The Goonies would have to be a reboot/sequel type of thing with the children of the original Goonies going on their own adventure.

They are making a sequel/reboot/remake of Vacation with Ed Helms starring as Rusty Griswold taking his own family to Wallyworld since he enjoyed it so much when he was a kid. I hope he chooses to call this time around.


Speaking of classics, does anyone know if a sequel to Tron: Legacy is happening or not?

kingbeavis
cheese
 
Posts: 1898
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 7:10 pm
Location: Kansas City, Missouri


Re: What movie NEEDS a sequel/prequel/remake?

Postby kingbeavis » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:47 pm

Wayne's World

Cernunnos
User avatar
Swedish Pinata of Death
 
Posts: 3645
Likes: 3 posts
Liked in: 3 posts
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:49 pm
Location: South Carolina


Re: What movie NEEDS a sequel/prequel/remake?

Postby Cernunnos » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:40 pm

One of the greatest superhero movies of all time should have a sequel.
Image
When a man lies, he murders some part of the world.

HNutz
User avatar
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106
 
Posts: 14461
Likes: 2688 posts
Liked in: 401 posts
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:22 pm


Re: What movie NEEDS a sequel/prequel/remake?

Postby HNutz » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:56 pm

Dungeons & Dragons
Masters of the Universe
Double Dragon
Final Fantasy
Constantine

All of these could stand a new movie. He-Man in particular could make for a kick ass LoTR style trilogy. The Double Dragon movie veered too far from the source material.

Final Fanasy was NOT what many of us was expecting. No swords, no flying ships, no Chocobos? I dunno...

Just like Dredd, Constantine would benefit from a new movie that gets back to the core concept. I always thought James Marsters ("Spike" from Buffy & Angel) could play a great John Constantine. And this movie "Hellblazer" would be rated R.

And the D&D movie just made no sense.

As for a GOOD movie... I heard awhile back that Keanu Reeves was interested in making a new Bill & Ted movie. Thoughts?

Chesscub
User avatar
WTF is this rank?
 
Posts: 11631
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 5 posts
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:22 pm
Location: Dracut, MA
Title: Bear du jour


Re: What movie NEEDS a sequel/prequel/remake?

Postby Chesscub » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:45 am

I'm still waiting for Leonard Parts 1-5

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], MSN NewsBlogs, Yahoo [Bot] and 72 guests

Advertisement