Advertisement

What movie NEEDS a sequel/prequel/remake?

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 204 posts

Re: What movie NEEDS a sequel/prequel/remake?

Postby Lord Simian » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:43 pm

Howard the Duck needs a remake.

Advertisement

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 34 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:48 pm

Condorman!
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

covalesky
Expert Post Whore

Liked in: 1 post

Postby covalesky » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:11 pm

Amoebas wrote:I'd like to see another Serenity.

2nd

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 138 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:50 pm

Grayson wrote:
Ugh, I just want to forget the Spinosaurus as a whole. :smt011

I don't know, I feel that the sequels failed because they attempted to make them too kid friendly. That's why I would like the next movie to be a little bit more smaller scale. Expanding the original operation to even more islands is a step in the wrong direction in my opinion. Imagine how awesome the imagery would be if we go back to an Isla Nublar that has been allowed to grow and basically remain unmolested for over 20 years.

Kid friendly? A freaking little kid got chewed up nicely in the first sequel. Half the people on the bad guys hunting party got either eaten up by the T-Rexes or feasted on by the Raptors. Then we have the grisly death of that West Wing dude and the main bad guy. Nasty stuff.

God that movie had some great gore. :-D The second one though felt so darn tame. Though I fully blame the producers for listening to Jack Horner for Jurassic 3. The T-Rex having such a small role and Spiney having such a large one is all his fault. I don't care that his freaking T-Rex is a scavenger theory. The damn thing is a screen legend predator. LET IT BE A GODDAMN PREDATOR!!!

Still kudos at the very least for the briefly awesome Rex vs. Spiney fight. *looks up what Old Jack has done since*

Ew... the dude is on the same level as Looney Bin Jim. :shock:

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 638 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:20 pm

Zechs wrote:Kid friendly? A freaking little kid got chewed up nicely in the first sequel. Half the people on the bad guys hunting party got either eaten up by the T-Rexes or feasted on by the Raptors. Then we have the grisly death of that West Wing dude and the main bad guy. Nasty stuff.

God that movie had some great gore. :-D

Jurassic Park was a phenomenon because although it was a horror/suspense film, kids loved it. The sequels were made with that in mind. The story in both The Lost World: Jurassic Park and Jurassic Park III was extremely dumbed down. They gutted all the high concept ideas in favor of flashier action sequences. Instead of questions about the ethics behind the science or the impact reintroducing these creatures would have on the enviroment, we are given scenes with the Tyrannosaurus drinking out of a swimming pool and eating a kid's dog.

Besides, I didn't say they were kid friendly, just that the studio attempted to make them more too kid friendly. Like I said, kids LOVED the first movie. They needed to sell toys, so instead of going in the direction that Michael Crichton mapped out in his books, the studio came up with this silly idea about opening up a second park in San Diego, so they could have a "cool" action sequence with the T-Rex. Jurassic Park III even featured a kid who has capable of surviving on a island full of dinosaurs by himself, hell, he even rescued Alan Grant at one point in time during the movie! If your kid could sit through Jurassic Park, they would have no problem sitting through either of the sequels.
ImageImageImage

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 211 posts

Postby Draco x » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:53 pm

Grayson wrote:
Jurassic Park was a phenomenon because although it was a horror/suspense film, kids loved it. The sequels were made with that in mind. The story in both The Lost World: Jurassic Park and Jurassic Park III was extremely dumbed down. They gutted all the high concept ideas in favor of flashier action sequences. Instead of questions about the ethics behind the science or the impact reintroducing these creatures would have on the enviroment, we are given scenes with the Tyrannosaurus drinking out of a swimming pool and eating a kid's dog.

Besides, I didn't say they were kid friendly, just that the studio attempted to make them more too kid friendly. Like I said, kids LOVED the first movie. They needed to sell toys, so instead of going in the direction that Michael Crichton mapped out in his books, the studio came up with this silly idea about opening up a second park in San Diego, so they could have a "cool" action sequence with the T-Rex. Jurassic Park III even featured a kid who has capable of surviving on a island full of dinosaurs by himself, hell, he even rescued Alan Grant at one point in time during the movie! If your kid could sit through Jurassic Park, they would have no problem sitting through either of the sequels.

That's another thing I hated about the third movie was that idiotic notion that a 10 year old kid could survive on that island for 8 weeks but grown men who have military and hunting skills are killed off within minutes after entering the island. I mean the second movie had its flaws and all but at least it didn't insult anyone's intelligence for the most part. The logic of third one with that kid was basically something out of a Scooby Doo cartoon. Unless the dinosaurs had some moral code about not killing kids, that boy would have been dead within a day after landing on that island.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:56 pm

Zechs wrote:
Kid friendly? A freaking little kid got chewed up nicely in the first sequel. Half the people on the bad guys hunting party got either eaten up by the T-Rexes or feasted on by the Raptors. Then we have the grisly death of that West Wing dude and the main bad guy. Nasty stuff.

God that movie had some great gore. :-D The second one though felt so darn tame. Though I fully blame the producers for listening to Jack Horner for Jurassic 3. The T-Rex having such a small role and Spiney having such a large one is all his fault. I don't care that his freaking T-Rex is a scavenger theory. The damn thing is a screen legend predator. LET IT BE A GODDAMN PREDATOR!!!

Still kudos at the very least for the briefly awesome Rex vs. Spiney fight. *looks up what Old Jack has done since*

Ew... the dude is on the same level as Looney Bin Jim. :shock:

The Spino vs T-Rex fight was so lame as they just cheapened the T-Rex to make the Spino look good. At least the King Kong vs T-Rex fight was much better done as that was done in a much better way that didn't cheapen either creature. Plus at least you cared about King Kong where as the Spino was just forgettable.

MajorTool
Steroid User

Liked in: 0 post

Postby MajorTool » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:27 pm

Willow!
But I don't know if I'd like to see a remake or a sequel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 401 posts

Postby HNutz » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:40 pm

For the new kids who didn't grow up with them, I'd like to see them do something with movies like:

The Last Starfighter
The Goonies
The Monster Squad
Fletch
Clue

Maybe it's a reboot (good for The Last Starfighter or The Monster Squad), maybe it's a prequel (Fletch) or maybe it's just a straight up sequel (Goonies). But I think there's potential here.

I hear there's talk of doing something with Mad Max and rumors about Escape From New York . That could be interesting...

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 273 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:49 pm

there is a new Mad Max filming right now I think.

I think The Goonies would have to be a reboot/sequel type of thing with the children of the original Goonies going on their own adventure.

They are making a sequel/reboot/remake of Vacation with Ed Helms starring as Rusty Griswold taking his own family to Wallyworld since he enjoyed it so much when he was a kid. I hope he chooses to call this time around.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:37 pm

Rockman wrote:there is a new Mad Max filming right now I think.

I think The Goonies would have to be a reboot/sequel type of thing with the children of the original Goonies going on their own adventure.

They are making a sequel/reboot/remake of Vacation with Ed Helms starring as Rusty Griswold taking his own family to Wallyworld since he enjoyed it so much when he was a kid. I hope he chooses to call this time around.

Speaking of classics, does anyone know if a sequel to Tron: Legacy is happening or not?

kingbeavis
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Postby kingbeavis » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:47 pm

Wayne's World

Cernunnos
Swedish Pinata of Death

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby Cernunnos » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:40 pm

One of the greatest superhero movies of all time should have a sequel.
When a man lies, he murders some part of the world.

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 401 posts

Postby HNutz » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:56 pm

Dungeons & Dragons
Masters of the Universe
Double Dragon
Final Fantasy
Constantine

All of these could stand a new movie. He-Man in particular could make for a kick ass LoTR style trilogy. The Double Dragon movie veered too far from the source material.

Final Fanasy was NOT what many of us was expecting. No swords, no flying ships, no Chocobos? I dunno...

Just like Dredd, Constantine would benefit from a new movie that gets back to the core concept. I always thought James Marsters ("Spike" from Buffy & Angel) could play a great John Constantine. And this movie "Hellblazer" would be rated R.

And the D&D movie just made no sense.

As for a GOOD movie... I heard awhile back that Keanu Reeves was interested in making a new Bill & Ted movie. Thoughts?

Chesscub
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: Bear du jour

Postby Chesscub » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:45 am

I'm still waiting for Leonard Parts 1-5

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum