Advertisement

Savage Wolverine Anyone Else Reading It?

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Sasher McSmasher
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 584 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Savage Wolverine Anyone Else Reading It?

Postby Sasher McSmasher » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:43 am

I picked up the first 3 issues last week and just read them last night and I think it's a pretty decent read. Frank Cho of course is amazing on artwork especially any page involving Shanna :wink:

The writing is kinda tounge in cheek is you ask me but not so cheesy that it's bad. Shanna joking about how short Wolverine is and that she thought he was taller like "that actor Hugh Jackman", are corny but in a good way. One of the biggest surprise to me was the appearance of Amadeus Cho and how much older he is now.

Advertisement

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 412 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Re: Savage Wolverine Anyone Else Reading It?

Postby Keb » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:23 am

Yeah is quite good. I'm done with it after Cho leaves.

Also: I think next issue may have Man-Thing in it

Johnny Smith
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 175 posts
Title: Metadata Broker

Postby Johnny Smith » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:37 pm

The story's fun and it has great art. :-D

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 411 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:39 pm

it's fun to look at.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 365 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:57 pm

Dropped after issue 1.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

Zenguru
Staff Writer

Liked in: 8 posts

Postby Zenguru » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:27 pm

I like it a lot. But I'll stop getting it after Cho leaves, probably. Not a fan of Madureira as I used to be.

ChuckMoore
Fish-Smackin' Knight

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Convention Organizer

Postby ChuckMoore » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:13 am

If I only had one word to describe this series, it would be "fun"! For me, this series is a joy to read and I see it evolving a bit as it goes. What started out as an enjoyable little romp has since grown some teeth as the tension and mystery of the island evolves. At times, the story takes an almost "Lost" feeling presenting a more claustrophobic tale that leaves the reader feeling a bit trapped along with the heroes. In a place that time not only forgot but made a conscious effort to lock away, the air of mystery is solid. I'm enjoying my time on the island as a reader.

Also, as much as I am enjoying the story he's presenting, I can't say enough about the art of Frank Cho. He has the ability to be incredibly sexy while still holding an innocence to the presentation that is utterly wonderful.
Chuck Moore - chuck@comicrelated.com
---
Companies: Comic Related (comicrelated.com) | Derby City Comic Con (derbycitycomiccon.com)
Podcasts: Related Recap (comicrelated.com) | Charlie Tonic Hour / Bottoms Up (charlietonic.com)

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:53 am

ChuckMoore wrote:If I only had one word to describe this series, it would be "fun"! For me, this series is a joy to read and I see it evolving a bit as it goes. What started out as an enjoyable little romp has since grown some teeth as the tension and mystery of the island evolves. At times, the story takes an almost "Lost" feeling presenting a more claustrophobic tale that leaves the reader feeling a bit trapped along with the heroes. In a place that time not only forgot but made a conscious effort to lock away, the air of mystery is solid. I'm enjoying my time on the island as a reader.

Also, as much as I am enjoying the story he's presenting, I can't say enough about the art of Frank Cho. He has the ability to be incredibly sexy while still holding an innocence to the presentation that is utterly wonderful.

:smt023 and welcome to the forum!

I know people tend to groan at Wolverine titles, but this story has been without a doubt one of the most fun takes on the character in a long time.

ChuckMoore
Fish-Smackin' Knight

Postby ChuckMoore » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:08 am

Thanks Keb. Glad to be here.
---
Companies: Comic Related (comicrelated.com) | Derby City Comic Con (derbycitycomiccon.com)
Podcasts: Related Recap (comicrelated.com) | Charlie Tonic Hour / Bottoms Up (charlietonic.com)

Sasher McSmasher
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 584 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby Sasher McSmasher » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:53 am

ChuckMoore wrote:If I only had one word to describe this series, it would be "fun"! For me, this series is a joy to read and I see it evolving a bit as it goes. What started out as an enjoyable little romp has since grown some teeth as the tension and mystery of the island evolves. At times, the story takes an almost "Lost" feeling presenting a more claustrophobic tale that leaves the reader feeling a bit trapped along with the heroes. In a place that time not only forgot but made a conscious effort to lock away, the air of mystery is solid. I'm enjoying my time on the island as a reader.

Absolutely agreed 100% and welcome to the Outhouse!

I am looking forward to the Joe Mad issues as well because he is one of my all time favorite artists! I also love to see Spidey and Wolverine team up because they are such different personalities clashing.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:38 pm

Just finished issue 4. Didn't see that coming...

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Is that really the Hulk or some sort of illusion? My money is on illusion.

Also, I enjoyed seeing Wolverine stab and slash the shit out of those giant apes.

This is such a Frank Cho story!

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 236 posts

Postby doombug » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:00 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I feel like I have to apologize for certain parties ahead of time. :lol: Really cool to see you here Chuck.

ChuckMoore
Fish-Smackin' Knight

Postby ChuckMoore » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:52 pm

Now, who would you be apologizing for bud?
---

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 1046 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:57 pm

ChuckMoore wrote:Now, who would you be apologizing for bud?

I'll list em:

Herald
Juan Cena
DracoX
Jude Terror
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 45 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:58 pm

ChuckMoore wrote:Now, who would you be apologizing for bud?

Give it time. Give it time.

And welcome.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand