Thursday, August 25, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Where keepin' it real goes wrong."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Marvel Announces Full Color "Epic" Collections

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:48 pm

Marvel Announces Full Color

The collected editions have the page count of an Essential collection, but are in full color!

Source: CollectedEditions.com

In an interview at CollectedEditions.com, Marvel VP of Sales David Gabriel confirmed reports of something called "Epic Collections" popping up for preorder on Amazon. Marvel is describing the collections as follows:

"This fall, Marvel launches the Epic Collections – a new way for fans to collect their favorite series!

Each super-sized volume in the Epic line presents a heaping helping of Marvel's greatest heroics in one handy, affordable and self-contained package. What's more, each Epic Collection TPB is also a piece of a grand puzzle: When all is said and done, the Epic volumes will fit seamlessly next to one another on readers' bookshelves, presenting a complete and unbroken run of each title!

So be sure to get in on the ground floor! Marvel's most storied titles — including Amazing Spider-Man, Avengers, Captain America, Fantastic Four, Iron Man and Thor — are going Epic, and there's no turning back!"

The first two known editions are The Iron Man Epic Edition, titled "The Enemy Within," collecting Iron Man #158-177 and Iron Man Annual #5 at 450 pages, and The Thor Epic Collection, titled "War of the Pantheons," collecting Thor #383-400. According to the interview, fans can expect collections from "All our biggest and best for now – Amazing Spider-Man, Avengers, Fantastic Four, Captain America. Eventually we'll get into the X-Universe but most of that material is already out there in one form or another. There will also be a big push for these volumes around our 75th anniversary in 2014."

Gabriel says that the new line won't replace or affect any of Marvel's other collection lines, and that they will not necessary follow chronological order between volumes. The books will focus on material that is not currently available.

Reached for comment, Gabriel's brother had the following cryptic message: "You could have a steam train if you'd just lay down your tracks. You could have an aeroplane flying if you bring your blue sky back. All you do is call me. I'll be anything you need."

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:51 pm

No word on price point?

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:56 pm

Chesscub wrote:No word on price point?

Amazon shows the Thor one at $35 regular price.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:58 pm

whoops. $35-$40.

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:58 pm

misac wrote:
Amazon shows the Thor one at $35 regular price.

I may have to check it the Thor one out then.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:00 pm

If they collect good stuff, I'd be in.

I hate the fact that the Essentials are in B&W.

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:11 pm

Keb wrote:If they collect good stuff, I'd be in.

I like them, there's a certain charm to black and white super hero comics. And some of them work very well like that, Tomb of Dracula.

That said, I’d buy super cheap color versions of Essentials.

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:20 pm

Keb wrote:If they collect good stuff, I'd be in.

I'm just hoping this doesn't spell the end of Essentials. I love them.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:35 pm

Amoebas wrote:I'm just hoping this doesn't spell the end of Essentials. I love them.

Gabriel said it doesn't.

Royal Nonesuch

Staff Writer

Postby Royal Nonesuch » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:40 pm

I was hoping this was going to be an announcement about Marvel somehow reprinting full runs of books from the Epic line.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:53 pm

^That was my initial thought when I read the headline.

Jack Burton

biny little tird

Postby Jack Burton » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:16 pm

Amoebas wrote:I'm just hoping this doesn't spell the end of Essentials. I love them.

Me too. I have almost every Silver Age Essential they've released.

leave a comment with facebook