Advertisement

Bay TMNT Critics Hurt Raphael's Feelings

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 286 posts

Postby LOLtron » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:00 am

All the trash talk about Michael Bay's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies hurts Raphael actor Alan Ritchson's feelings.

Source: THR

Michael Bay's Teenage Mutant Alien Ninja Turtles reboot is set to hit theaters in June, 2014, but fans of the long-running franchise have already decided that the movie will be the worst thing to ever happen to the Turtles, and yes, that takes into account the Coming Out of Their Shells live music tour. While fanboys aren't exactly known for their calm and reasoned reactions to, well, just about anything, in this particular case, they have several very good reasons to be negative:

1. Michael Bay
  2. Michael Bay
  3. Michael Bay
  4. The Turtles are neither teenage nor mutant
  5. Michael Bay

That being said, maybe fanboys should be less vocal in their criticism, because when they say mean things, it really hurts the feelings of Alan Ritchson, the actor who plays Raphael (the middle-aged alien turtle in the red mask).

In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter after the MTV Movie Awards, a visibly upset Ritchson lamented the bias fans have already built up toward the movie. "The frustrating thing for me since I've signed on is that you hear that it's already got a reputation," he pouted, tears forming in his eyes. "I think people assume they know what it's going to be about, and those people are wrong. The assumptions, everything you read online is wrong."

"Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong!" Ritchson insisted, jumping up and down and stamping his feet.

"You want to tell everybody how great it is, and you can't really say why, but it is," he added, frowning. "It's so much better than people think. I promise that, and it's gonna look better than anyone can imagine."

Ritchson went on to claim that Bay's Ninja Turtles would be the best movie of all time, and that after watching it, people should probably never see any other movie again, because no other movie could possibly live up to how cool and awesome Bay's Ninja Turtles is.

"I can't wait for everyone to see this. I think it's gonna live up to everybody's boyhood dreams of being a ninja turtle, like I was. I grew up with it too, and I want to see it come to life in the best way possible."

Ritchson then threatened to hold his breath if people didn't stop saying mean things about the movie. "Aaauuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh," gasped Ritchson, drawing in one last sweet breath before puffing out his cheeks and glaring at the camera. By the time the interview was finished, he was literally turning blue.

Or maybe we're exaggerating. You can watch the video below and decide for yourself.

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand