Advertisement

Review Group #374 - Uncanny Avengers #6

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Re: Review Group #374 - Uncanny Avengers #6

Postby Punchy » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:37 am

GHERU wrote:Uncanny Avengers #6

On the whole, this was the best issue of the book thus far, too bad that's not saying much.
The highlight of the book was the art, which didn't depress me as much as Cassady's did for 5 issues, but it still wasn't anything all that special.
Story wise, I dig on this arrogant Thor but other than that, its just a paint by numbers Thor story

meet bad guy
fight bad guy
lose
swear revenge
get reamed by dad
get tricked by Loki/someone

wash, rinse, repeat

A perfectly average book.

I've lost any faith I had in this comic book, and most of that is due to Rememder's writing. His callous disregard for fans, character traits / development, and his boring approach to this miss-matched team. 6 issues in, and the book I was most excited for is a directionless mess that is too expensive to keep reading.

5/10

But the thing about this 'paint by numbers Thor story' as you put it, is how it fits into the larger Kang/Apocalypse story Remender is telling. This is a big time-travel epic and it's cool to see how far it's going.

Advertisement

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 173 posts

Postby GHERU » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:53 am

Punchy wrote:
But the thing about this 'paint by numbers Thor story' as you put it, is how it fits into the larger Kang/Apocalypse story Remender is telling. This is a big time-travel epic and it's cool to see how far it's going.

fair enough, but nothing in this issue or the previous five have interested me enough to care how far it goes. The way these characters are portrayed I actively dislike this team to the point I want them to fail.
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 203 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:30 am

The team dislikes you too :x

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 240 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:28 am

Punchy wrote:This is a big time-travel epic and it's cool to see how far it's going.

Echoing Ru, that it's a big time-travel epic doesn't make it cool. What makes it cool is if that big time-travel epic is well told with relatable/likable characters.

So far, that ain't this book.

On one positive note, this issue is way better than the mess that Adjectiveless Avengers was last week.

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 50 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:06 pm

I wasn't blown away by this, but I had a good time with it. The character designs, and the actual players in the comic were a nice change of pace. What'll keep this from getting a high score from me is that there wasn't anything that was damn good. Don't get me wrong, Remender's script is nice, but the comic lacked "it". This issue also featured one of Acuna's better, visual outings. It really clicked with the writing.

7.6 out of 10

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand