Wednesday, September 28, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "The Outhousers of Earth Ugh"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Savage Wolverine Anyone Else Reading It?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Grayson_Wayne_72

Rain Partier

Postby Grayson_Wayne_72 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:43 am

I picked up the first 3 issues last week and just read them last night and I think it's a pretty decent read. Frank Cho of course is amazing on artwork especially any page involving Shanna :wink:

The writing is kinda tounge in cheek is you ask me but not so cheesy that it's bad. Shanna joking about how short Wolverine is and that she thought he was taller like "that actor Hugh Jackman", are corny but in a good way. One of the biggest surprise to me was the appearance of Amadeus Cho and how much older he is now.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:23 am

Yeah is quite good. I'm done with it after Cho leaves.

Also: I think next issue may have Man-Thing in it

Johnny Smith

rubber spoon

Postby Johnny Smith » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:37 pm

The story's fun and it has great art. :-D

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:39 pm

it's fun to look at.

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:57 pm

Dropped after issue 1.

Zenguru

Staff Writer

Postby Zenguru » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:27 pm

I like it a lot. But I'll stop getting it after Cho leaves, probably. Not a fan of Madureira as I used to be.

ChuckMoore

Fish-Smackin' Knight

Postby ChuckMoore » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:13 am

If I only had one word to describe this series, it would be "fun"! For me, this series is a joy to read and I see it evolving a bit as it goes. What started out as an enjoyable little romp has since grown some teeth as the tension and mystery of the island evolves. At times, the story takes an almost "Lost" feeling presenting a more claustrophobic tale that leaves the reader feeling a bit trapped along with the heroes. In a place that time not only forgot but made a conscious effort to lock away, the air of mystery is solid. I'm enjoying my time on the island as a reader.

Also, as much as I am enjoying the story he's presenting, I can't say enough about the art of Frank Cho. He has the ability to be incredibly sexy while still holding an innocence to the presentation that is utterly wonderful.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:53 am

ChuckMoore wrote:If I only had one word to describe this series, it would be "fun"! For me, this series is a joy to read and I see it evolving a bit as it goes. What started out as an enjoyable little romp has since grown some teeth as the tension and mystery of the island evolves. At times, the story takes an almost "Lost" feeling presenting a more claustrophobic tale that leaves the reader feeling a bit trapped along with the heroes. In a place that time not only forgot but made a conscious effort to lock away, the air of mystery is solid. I'm enjoying my time on the island as a reader.

Also, as much as I am enjoying the story he's presenting, I can't say enough about the art of Frank Cho. He has the ability to be incredibly sexy while still holding an innocence to the presentation that is utterly wonderful.

:smt023 and welcome to the forum!

I know people tend to groan at Wolverine titles, but this story has been without a doubt one of the most fun takes on the character in a long time.

ChuckMoore

Fish-Smackin' Knight

Postby ChuckMoore » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:08 am

Thanks Keb. Glad to be here.

Grayson_Wayne_72

Rain Partier

Postby Grayson_Wayne_72 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:53 am

ChuckMoore wrote:If I only had one word to describe this series, it would be "fun"! For me, this series is a joy to read and I see it evolving a bit as it goes. What started out as an enjoyable little romp has since grown some teeth as the tension and mystery of the island evolves. At times, the story takes an almost "Lost" feeling presenting a more claustrophobic tale that leaves the reader feeling a bit trapped along with the heroes. In a place that time not only forgot but made a conscious effort to lock away, the air of mystery is solid. I'm enjoying my time on the island as a reader.

Absolutely agreed 100% and welcome to the Outhouse!

I am looking forward to the Joe Mad issues as well because he is one of my all time favorite artists! I also love to see Spidey and Wolverine team up because they are such different personalities clashing.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:38 pm

Just finished issue 4. Didn't see that coming...

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Is that really the Hulk or some sort of illusion? My money is on illusion.

Also, I enjoyed seeing Wolverine stab and slash the shit out of those giant apes.

This is such a Frank Cho story!

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:00 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I feel like I have to apologize for certain parties ahead of time. :lol: Really cool to see you here Chuck.

ChuckMoore

Fish-Smackin' Knight

Postby ChuckMoore » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:52 pm

Now, who would you be apologizing for bud?

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:57 pm

ChuckMoore wrote:Now, who would you be apologizing for bud?

I'll list em:

Herald
Juan Cena
DracoX
Jude Terror

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:58 pm

ChuckMoore wrote:Now, who would you be apologizing for bud?

Give it time. Give it time.

And welcome.

leave a comment with facebook