Advertisement

Soccer in general

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zero
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 44 posts
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Re: Soccer in general

Postby Zero » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:07 pm

I can't see them staying up at all, but good for Milliband I guess. He's on a hot streak of resignations this week.

Advertisement

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 162 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:55 am

:lol:

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:23 am

Leeds have sacked Colin Wanker!

contramundi
cheese

Liked in: 7 posts

Postby contramundi » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:24 pm

lets see the second leg of eufa cup,benfica won 3-1 but newcastle is still dangerous

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:24 am

Leeds United have got a new manager! Brian McDermott.

So now, both Leeds' football team and their Rugby League team (Leeds Rhinos) are managed by someone called Brian McDermott.

Weird.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 282 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:01 pm

Punchy wrote:Leeds United have got a new manager! Brian McDermott.

So now, both Leeds' football team and their Rugby League team (Leeds Rhinos) are managed by someone called Brian McDermott.

Weird.

Sounds like the concept of a sit com. :lol:

Thank you Troy for the sig

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:26 am

Stephen Day wrote:
Sounds like the concept of a sit com. :lol:

And Football Brian has gotten off to a great start! We just beat Sheffield Wednesday 2-1.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:39 pm

Punchy wrote:
And Football Brian has gotten off to a great start! We just beat Sheffield Wednesday 2-1.

Congrats to Leeds Utd. then. :)

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:42 pm

Looking at the standings in the Football League Championship, I'm shocked to see where Wolves and Blackburn are. With the parachute payments, you don't expect to see clubs get relegated to League One in their first season after relegation from the Premier League.

Yet that's a possibility for both clubs right now. It's more than a little surprising for me.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:05 pm

Stephen Day wrote:Looking at the standings in the Football League Championship, I'm shocked to see where Wolves and Blackburn are. With the parachute payments, you don't expect to see clubs get relegated to League One in their first season after relegation from the Premier League.

Yet that's a possibility for both clubs right now. It's more than a little surprising for me.

Looks like they're determined to break Portsmouth's record.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:17 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:

Looks like they're determined to break Portsmouth's record.

True, even Portsmouth, coming down from the Premier League in administration, lasted at least two seasons in the Championship before being relegated to League One. I'm not that familiar with Blackburn's and Wolves' current situation. Does anyone have a better idea how they got themselves in this situation?

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:35 pm

Both clubs have been spectacularly mismanaged and should never have sacked Mick McCarthy or Sam Allardyce respectively.

Blackburn are owned by Venky's, who are charlatans of the highest order, and gave over too much power to an Agent who used them to sign a bunch of his crap players. They also sack managers like crazy now, after waiting way too long to keep Steve Kean in a job, they sacked him when he actually started doing OK, and since then have gone through Henning Berg and Michael Appleton in quick succession.

Wolves' owners chose to spend money on a new stand instead of buying players good enough to keep them in the Premier League, and since sacking McCarthy, have had 3 managers, Terry Connor, Stale Solbakken and Dean Saunders, all of whom have been a bit fucking shit.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:40 pm

Punchy wrote:Both clubs have been spectacularly mismanaged and should never have sacked Mick McCarthy or Sam Allardyce respectively.

Blackburn are owned by Venky's, who are charlatans of the highest order, and gave over too much power to an Agent who used them to sign a bunch of his crap players. They also sack managers like crazy now, after waiting way too long to keep Steve Kean in a job, they sacked him when he actually started doing OK, and since then have gone through Henning Berg and Michael Appleton in quick succession.

Wolves' owners chose to spend money on a new stand instead of buying players good enough to keep them in the Premier League, and since sacking McCarthy, have had 3 managers, Terry Connor, Stale Solbakken and Dean Saunders, all of whom have been a bit fucking shit.

Wow, OK that would explain things then.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:30 pm

Fergie responds to the Falcao to Utd rumors: “Do you honestly believe that? You amaze me you people.”

:lol:

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:42 am

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2900/fa- ... -hooligans

The FA Cup semi-final between Wigan and Millwall at Wembley has been tarnished by fighting and hooliganism by a small minority of fans from the London club.

The trouble had been brewing for much of the second half but intensified shortly after Latics attacker Callum McManaman handed Roberto Martinez’s side a two-goal lead with barely 10 minutes remaining in the match.

A small cluster of Millwall fans, a club notorious for its hooligan firms, began fighting between themselves, but the conflict quickly spread across the Millwall section of the stadium.

There were fists flying and bloodied faces in the crowd, with a general air of panic amongst the innocent bystanders trying to avoid the violence.

Police attempted to intervene and were met with vicious resistance, with riot helmets flung through the air - and the MET police have since confirmed that 10 arrests have been made.

The violence should be attributed to a small minority of fans, with many Millwall supporters escaping the fighting before applauding their defeated side’s efforts at the end of the match.

But the scenes, the most bloodied in the short history of the new Wembley stadium, will sour an otherwise engaging and fairly contested on-field match which saw Wigan progress to the final of the FA Cup.

Afterwards Millwall manager Kenny Jackett told ESPN: "I didn't see or hear anything at all. It's the first I've heard of it and I didn't see anything. Nothing has been brought to my attention.

"I've come out straight after the game with the disappointment of a loss. I'd need all of the facts and need some time before I form an opinion."

Meanwhile, Wigan chairman Dave Whelan expressed his bewilderment, saying on BBC Radio Five: "I can't understand why the Millwall fans would fight each other.

"I understand if they want to fall out with the visiting team, but why would they fall out amongst themselves? It just gives football a very, very poor reputation.

"We know Millwall are a tough club, their team's tough to play, the supporters are Millwall, Millwall, Millwall... straight through. But don't fight each other. I couldn't understand that."

It's Millwall, and I'm sure there are some good fans of that team. Having said that, it's also a team where this sort of thing happens all too often. :smt011

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum