Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 606 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby Grayson » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:44 pm

CM Punk's promo last night was genius. It allows him to take some time off and it was so open ended that he can return however he is needed. I hate to have him off the air, especially after Wrestlemania but after all the work the man has put in, he deserves a little time off.

I don't like the fact that Swagger got a clean win over Dolph Ziggler only one week after Ziggler won the World Heavyweight Championship.

I hate to say this but last night, for the first time since he arrived in the WWE, Ryback was actually interesting. I have never liked Ryback but with that one promo, I am a little interested to see where this feud goes. Make no mistake about it, Ryback is NOT ready to be WWE Champion but I think he will provide an interesting foil for John Cena temporarily. Also, I loved the crowd chanting "One More Time" after the Shield destroyed Cena with the Triple Powerbomb.

misac wrote:I hate Lawler.

I've pretty much hated Lawler on commentary ever since the Attitude days when all he would ramble on and on about were the divas and their "puppies" and unfortunately, not much has changed. Like I said last week, I miss Joey Styles on commentary. Get rid of Cole, Lawler, and JBL and just stick Joey Styles out there by himself. Commentary problems solved.
ImageImageImage

Advertisement

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 49 posts

Postby misac » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:59 pm

Bianco wrote:
the thing is I don't think that's really him, he has been neutered by the PG rating and I'm sure he's got someone in his ear (Vince?) feeding him most of that awful stuff, the only hope to get him to do better is maybe make him completely heel

I can buy the Vince in his ear thing but you can’t blame WWE being PG. JBL does a great job, toned down Cole isn’t too bad and they have to deal with that as well.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 49 posts

Postby misac » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:04 pm

Grayson wrote:CM Punk's promo last night was genius. It allows him to take some time off and it was so open ended that he can return however he is needed. I hate to have him off the air, especially after Wrestlemania but after all the work the man has put in, he deserves a little time off.

I don't like the fact that Swagger got a clean win over Dolph Ziggler only one week after Ziggler won the World Heavyweight Championship.

I hate to say this but last night, for the first time since he arrived in the WWE, Ryback was actually interesting. I have never liked Ryback but with that one promo, I am a little interested to see where this feud goes. Make no mistake about it, Ryback is NOT ready to be WWE Champion but I think he will provide an interesting foil for John Cena temporarily. Also, I loved the crowd chanting "One More Time" after the Shield destroyed Cena with the Triple Powerbomb.

I've pretty much hated Lawler on commentary ever since the Attitude days when all he would ramble on and on about were the divas and their "puppies" and unfortunately, not much has changed. Like I said last week, I miss Joey Styles on commentary. Get rid of Cole, Lawler, and JBL and just stick Joey Styles out there by himself. Commentary problems solved.

It just occurred to me with Punk gone and Lesnar not being on regularly we’re not going to get a regular dose of Paul Heyman. :-( Hopefully he picks ups another client.

I like JBL, he goes overboard at times but he’s their best guy on regular tv.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 606 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:33 pm

misac wrote:It just occurred to me with Punk gone and Lesnar not being on regularly we’re not going to get a regular dose of Paul Heyman. :-( Hopefully he picks ups another client.

Don't worry about Paul Heyman. As long as Brock is still under contract with the WWE, Heyman will remain on TV as Brock's voice to bridge the gaps between his appearances.

I'm not really JBL's biggest fan but the reason I included him in my previous comment was simply to illustrate the point that if Joey Styles was the lead commentator for the WWE, you wouldn't need anybody else.
ImageImageImage

Bianco
cheese

Liked in: 51 posts

Postby Bianco » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:56 pm

can someone make me an animated gif avatar of the last few seconds of this?

or when he is hitting his head on the turnbuckle

Evan Meadow
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby Evan Meadow » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:31 pm

Bianco wrote:I liked the U.S. Title match, other than that uninteresting Raw, I'm surprised 'taker/kane/bryan 6 man tag is on Raw, unless it's leading to a bigger PPV match

Well they are going to be in London where they don't generally get PPV's. So having Taker there for tour means the Raw's have to be of more PPV quality, hence him wrestling on the show.

Evan Meadow
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Evan Meadow » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:32 pm

Tattooed Jesus wrote:
Yeah that was just stupid.

I saw it as him trying to get his own Fandango crowd moment.

Evan Meadow
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Evan Meadow » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:32 pm

Tattooed Jesus wrote:
Yeah that was just stupid.

I saw it as him trying to get his own Fandango crowd moment.

Kerny
Review Grouper

Liked in: 0 post
Title: All-American American

Postby Kerny » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:45 pm

I thought Raw was kinda bad, especially after coming off the best Raws in years the week before

Ziggler losing clean after one of the best title changes ever? Meh

Cesario losing to Kofi "Never Gonna Jump Higher Than The Midcard" Kingston sucks

Brock killing 3MB was awesome

Love Fandango

Really pleasantly surprised at Ryback's promo. However, he is now Typical Coward WWE Heel Versus The Mighty And Brave John Cena

No one gives a crap about Big Show/Sheamus/Randy Orton thing. Dunno why you celebrate beating a man 2 on 1

The fake boob'd Bella winning with Twin magic is absurd, especially since the announcers were pointing out her new breasts and how it doesn't really work anymore.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 79 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:35 pm

misac wrote:
It just occurred to me with Punk gone and Lesnar not being on regularly we’re not going to get a regular dose of Paul Heyman. :-( Hopefully he picks ups another client.

I guess this means Heyman hangs out with The Shield more.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 79 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:36 pm

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

kingbeavis
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Postby kingbeavis » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:03 pm

Ryback ‏@Ryback22
Watching the pain on Cena's face was worth standing back for. Funny the 2 things he says I lack his ex wife seems to love. #RybackRules

Uhh.... Shots fired.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 162 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:48 pm

kingbeavis wrote:Ryback ‏@Ryback22
Watching the pain on Cena's face was worth standing back for. Funny the 2 things he says I lack his ex wife seems to love. #RybackRules

Uhh.... Shots fired.

wow :lol:

i'm sure cena's ok with this but...wow :lol:

Bianco
cheese

Postby Bianco » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:34 am

fieldy snuts wrote:
wow :lol:

i'm sure cena's ok with this but...wow :lol:

it looks like john has moved on with one of the bellas, so I'm sure he is ok with it. Hoping Ryback didn't think this was a good idea for him to do on his own

Bianco
cheese

Postby Bianco » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:19 pm

Just one day after Ryback’s tweet about John Cena’s ex-wife, every single one of his tweets at @Ryback22 have been deleted. Ryback’s account now reads, “@Ryback22 hasn’t tweeted yet.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum