Advertisement

Iron Man #8 (Organic Fascist Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy

Happy Pony Day!

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Iron Man #8 (Organic Fascist Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:51 am

This title has really improved since Tony headed off into space. I liked the first 5 issues fine, but these last few have been much better, you can really tell that Gillen is having a lot of fun here. This issue features Tony in gladiatorial combat with Death’s Head, which is just awesome, and this whole sequence was very well-drawn by Greg Land. He is criticised for being stiff, but this fight moved really well. I liked the twist where everything that happened in this arc was due to the manipulations of Recorder 451. It looks like he’s going to be a long-term villain for this title going forward, which should be cool, like an evil Watcher.

The scenes where the Celestials rained down destruction on the aliens were also excellent, that was some epic cosmic awesome for sure. One of my favourite aspects of Marvel Now! is that we’re seeing famous characters in settings that they aren’t normally, so Hulk is working for SHIELD and Captain America is in a crazy alternate dimension. Iron Man in space is probably the coolest of these, and what with him also being in Guardians Of The Galaxy, I’m excited to see it continue for quite some time. Of course, now that I say that, he’ll probably head back to Earth next issue, just my luck.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand