Advertisement

Cable & X-Force #7 (Forge's pioneer spirit Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Cable & X-Force #7 (Forge's pioneer spirit Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:56 am

I found the first story arc of this title a bit confusing, thanks to all of the timeline skips, but now that it’s settled into it’s groove for this second story, I’m digging it a lot more. The dialogue is witty and sharp, the threats to the team are really enjoyable, and it’s a lot of fun seeing X-Force dig themselves into trouble at every turn. This issue promised the long-awaited confrontation between Cable and his dad, Cyclops, and the cover is just awesome, but surprisingly, this discussion is not actually the centre of the story. Yes, Cyke and Cable do meet, but it’s not a confrontation, they actually talk really rather civilly, and it was cool to see them go from calling each other by their first names to ‘Son’ and ‘Dad’. It would warm your heart if they weren’t both wanted terrorists (not that either of them deserve to be).

The main thrust of this issue was actually X-Force’s attempts to bust out a crazy spidery alien that will end up killing a shit-ton of people unless he’s removed from the planet. Unsurprisingly, this doesn’t go particularly well. In amongst this, as I said, there are a couple of really cool 2-person scenes that are really entertaining. Doctor Nemesis and Forge have a really cool mutual loathing, and Colossus’ attempts to not escape prison whilst Domino flirts at him were great. This book is even making me like Boom Boom! Fucking Boom Boom! This has grown into a really cool book, Hopeless is a writer I’m really liking and I’m excited to watch him grow, and Larroca seems refreshed after years and years of Iron Man. Tick tick tick…

Advertisement

TimDrake'sDumbWings
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 1 post
Title: I mean... ROBINS have wings...
Formerly: DOOP SPEAK

Re: Cable & X-Force #7 (Forge's pioneer spirit Spoilers)

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:59 am

Punchy wrote:I found the first story arc of this title a bit confusing, thanks to all of the timeline skips, but now that it’s settled into it’s groove for this second story, I’m digging it a lot more. The dialogue is witty and sharp, the threats to the team are really enjoyable, and it’s a lot of fun seeing X-Force dig themselves into trouble at every turn. This issue promised the long-awaited confrontation between Cable and his dad, Cyclops, and the cover is just awesome, but surprisingly, this discussion is not actually the centre of the story. Yes, Cyke and Cable do meet, but it’s not a confrontation, they actually talk really rather civilly, and it was cool to see them go from calling each other by their first names to ‘Son’ and ‘Dad’. It would warm your heart if they weren’t both wanted terrorists (not that either of them deserve to be).

The main thrust of this issue was actually X-Force’s attempts to bust out a crazy spidery alien that will end up killing a shit-ton of people unless he’s removed from the planet. Unsurprisingly, this doesn’t go particularly well. In amongst this, as I said, there are a couple of really cool 2-person scenes that are really entertaining. Doctor Nemesis and Forge have a really cool mutual loathing, and Colossus’ attempts to not escape prison whilst Domino flirts at him were great. This book is even making me like Boom Boom! Fucking Boom Boom! This has grown into a really cool book, Hopeless is a writer I’m really liking and I’m excited to watch him grow, and Larroca seems refreshed after years and years of Iron Man. Tick tick tick…

I really didn't like the first issue of this, but people seem to be digging it. I also miss Larrocca's work from Invincible Iron Man; near the end, he was the best part of that book. I'll give it another chance if I can ever borrow the issues or get them during a Comixology sale.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 553 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:11 pm

I agree, this book is a lot of fun. It does feel like the early nineties X-Force but without all the Liefeld.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Johnny Smith
cheese

Liked in: 118 posts
Title: Metadata Broker

Postby Johnny Smith » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:07 am

This book's improved a great deal. I'm enjoying the interactions between the characters.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand