Advertisement

Wonder Woman #19 (New to politics Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 109 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Wonder Woman #19 (New to politics Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:12 am

Another solid issue of Wonder Woman. This is a title that has a lot of issues that move slowly and are mainly just setting up stuff for later, but it never feels like stalling because a) the stuff that happens is usually couched in very entertaining dialogue and b) you have faith in Azzarello that all of this will pay off in the end. This issue is mainly moving things into place for the inevitable conflict between Wonder Woman and the First Born, as he finds out about Zola’s baby and decides to make a move against it. Of course, around this are the ever-present threats of Apollo, Poseidon and Hell. It’s very impressive how many great threats to Wonder Woman Azzarello has created in only 20 issues. Sure, most of them come from the Greek Myth, but these are unique and fascinating interpretations.

In amongst all of heavenly this politicking there are some very good quieter scenes too, such as Zola’s baby finally being named. It’s Zeke, which is both appropriate for a character like Zola, and also of course sounds a lot like ‘Zeus’ who still has not actually appeared yet. The other quieter scene is about the relationship between Wonder Woman and Orion, as she confronts him about his flirting and rude innuendos. This was a great scene where Diana kicks his ass, and we get to see Orion’s inner Darkseid come to the fore. I hope this isn’t the last we’ll see of him or any of the other New Gods in this title, they are a great fit for a story about the old Gods, and Cliff Chiang and his assorted fill-ins draw them really well. I also hope Lennox doesn’t actually leave, but I’m guessing he’ll leave only to be killed by the First Born.

Advertisement

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 556 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Re: Wonder Woman #19 (New to politics Spoilers)

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:30 am

More New Gods coming up as Diana visits New Genesis in issue #22
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand