Advertisement

Justice League #19 (Haven't seen a bathroom Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Justice League #19 (Haven't seen a bathroom Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:14 am

I’m not sure what to think about this issue of Justice League. The whole thing is based on a story we’ve all read before, which is Batman’s contingency plans to stop the rest of the Justice League if they get out of hand. Mark Waid told this story masterfully in ‘Tower Of Babel’ and I’m not sure I want to see it revisited. Hopefully this will be different enough from that story, but still… I’ve had enough of ‘Batman doesn’t trust anyone and the JLA turn on him’ type stories.

One interesting wrinkle is that the dude who broke into the Batcave and beat up Alfred and Jason Todd looks like The Operative from Aquaman’s allies, The Others, who are good guys. Has Operative turned bad? Or is he just a mercenary? This issue also gave us some more information on the new, female Atom. I liked the swerve where you initially think she’s living in a ‘Sword Of The Atom’ style fantasy world, but nope, she’s just playing World Of Warcraft. She and Firestorm are at the Watchtower awaiting their formal inductions, but they never happen and instead Despero attacks, which is cool I guess.

The other stuff involves Superman and Wonder Woman breaking into Kahndaq to save some hostages from terrorists, which stirs up even more anti-Justice League sentiment across the world. I found it strange that Superman was so anti-interfering when the depiction of the character in Morrison’s Action Comics held the exact opposite view. I know that this is 6 years later or so, but still, odd. I do like that Kahndaq showed up in the JL story as well as in the Shazam back-up, I expect they will start to intersect even more soon, perhaps a Black Reign-esque story where Black Adam takes back his country? I once again enjoyed the back-up, they are probably the best thing Johns is writing at the moment, a very effective modernisation of the Big Red Cheese.

Advertisement

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 366 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Re: Justice League #19 (Haven't seen a bathroom Spoilers)

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:26 am

He does look a lot like The Operative but maybe that's just Reis using the same style ? Not sure The Operative could access the Batcave and fool the security system like that. Could even Despero's powers do that ? Maybe he still has reality-warping powers ?
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 366 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Re: Justice League #19 (Haven't seen a bathroom Spoilers)

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:48 pm

Was re-reading this issue today. Based on what we know now it's obvious who broke into the Batcave. Especially when you look at page 2 panel when he grabs Alfred by the face and says "Hn" :-D
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand