Advertisement

Age Of Oops-tron #6

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 636 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: Age Of Oops-tron #6

Postby Grayson » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:10 am

alaska1125 wrote:a) After AvX, yeah, he is.

How? How is Cyclops any more a villain than say anyone in the Illuminati who unlike Cyclops are actually 100% in control of themselves when they take it upon themselves to do the things that they do? This isn't a situation like Hal Jordan where you have to wait for 10 years for another writer to come along and explain that he was possessed by an alien parasite. We already know that Scott Summers was possessed by an all powerful cosmic entity.

Is he a villain because he is actively attempting to prevent the ongoing persecution of mutants but he is doing so without the blessing of the Avengers or some of the more traditional X-Men? Don't forget, Cyclops is still protecting both mutants and humans.

So how exactly is Scott Summers a villain now?

Advertisement

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:14 am

Yeesh, you know a crossover isn't doing so well when most of the discussion is people arguing about the previous crossover.

Shouldn't our ethical debate now be over whether Wolverine was right to kill Pym or not?

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 192 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:17 am

Punchy wrote:Yeesh, you know a crossover isn't doing so well when most of the discussion is people arguing about the previous crossover.

Shouldn't our ethical debate now be over whether Wolverine was right to kill Pym or not?

No since everyone but you seems to realize how weightless this series is.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:25 am

guitarsmashley wrote:
No since everyone but you seems to realize how weightless this series is.

Whilst at the same time bitching about the impact AvX had on things.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 192 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:30 am

Punchy wrote:
Whilst at the same time bitching about the impact AvX had on things.

Yes that's literally the same point you just made. People care more about AvX good or bad than they do this. It's worth talking more about the last crossover than the current one.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

SuperginraiX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 58 posts
Title: unpronounceable
Formerly: Sane

Postby SuperginraiX » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:42 am

Punchy wrote:Yeesh, you know a crossover isn't doing so well when most of the discussion is people arguing about the previous crossover.

If it's something Wolverine did, then it was the wrong thing to do but everyone will love him for it anyway.

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 34 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:46 am

SuperginraiX wrote:If it's something Wolverine did, then it was the wrong thing to do but everyone will love him for it anyway.

Damn you! Damn Marvel logic!
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 101 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:56 am

Grayson wrote:
How? How is Cyclops any more a villain than say anyone in the Illuminati who unlike Cyclops are actually 100% in control of themselves when they take it upon themselves to do the things that they do? This isn't a situation like Hal Jordan where you have to wait for 10 years for another writer to come along and explain that he was possessed by an alien parasite. We already know that Scott Summers was possessed by an all powerful cosmic entity.

Is he a villain because he is actively attempting to prevent the ongoing persecution of mutants but he is doing so without the blessing of the Avengers or some of the more traditional X-Men? Don't forget, Cyclops is still protecting both mutants and humans.

Because he's basically become Magneto. Bonus points for being a douche since '85-'86.

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 101 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:01 pm

Yep. I've got a lot of love for Marvel currently, but this "event" could have been contained in about four issues. And please refer to the "Should price matter?" thread...well written and spot on.

SuperginraiX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 58 posts
Title: unpronounceable
Formerly: Sane

Postby SuperginraiX » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:06 pm

alaska1125 wrote:Yep. I've got a lot of love for Marvel currently, but this "event" could have been contained in about four issues. And please refer to the "Should price matter?" thread...well written and spot on.

I can't think of any Marvel event that really NEEDED to be 7-10 issues long. By that point, I just stop caring. Four issues seems to cut free all the crap padding and get straight to the good stuff. This is how we get rid of four issues of the Avengers hanging out in the Savage Land or however many issues the heroes spent in Fury's secret base talking about how screwed they were.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 554 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:05 pm

He doesn't, but Marvel's writers are hoping that if they make Wolverine enough of a Mary Sue he will come to life like in that A-ha video and they can have sex with him.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 209 posts

Postby Draco x » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:12 pm

False Prophet wrote:
But a cunt who's a top-notch martial artist.

Shang Chi and Iron Fist would be upset if they heard this.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 209 posts

Postby Draco x » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:23 pm

Grayson wrote:

I agree here as I think Marvel is hellbent into making Cyclops into a younger Magneto which has felt very forced. The only thing Cyclops is guilty of being for the most part is being an asshole which was has been established for years.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 636 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:29 pm

alaska1125 wrote:Because he's basically become Magneto. Bonus points for being a douche since '85-'86.

Cyclops is still pretty far from being Magneto. Like I said, Cyclops is still working to protect both mutants and humans. I haven't seen any issues featuring Cyclops going to an anti-mutant protest, taking hostages, and holding them for ransom until his demands are met. To my knowledge, Cyclops hasn't gathered a collection of stolen nuclear missiles and pointed them at various countries around the world. In fact, aside from being a fugitive for a crime he didn't actually commit, I can't think of a single thing that Cyclops is currently doing that would make him Magneto or a villain in general.
ImageImageImage

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 244 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:25 pm

Hank Pym has now apparently been murdered in July 1967.

So he didn't accidently create Ultron.
And so Ultron never created the Vision.
Who never married the Scarlet Witch.
Who never had kids that were taken from her.
So she never went crazy.

And therefore Bendis never had a career in comics.

Yeah. I can live with that.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand