Advertisement

Wolverine & The X-Men #27AU (Weapon X under every rock Spoil

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Wolverine & The X-Men #27AU (Weapon X under every rock Spoil

Postby Punchy » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:54 am

This was one of those ‘between the panels’ type of tie-ins, where we see some deleted scenes of what Wolverine and Invisible Woman get up to in Age Of Ultron #6 and some more context for the big shocking thing they end up doing in that issue. Basically, the battery on their awesome flying SHIELD car runs down, so they have to break into a secret base to steal one. In the process, both of them do something that could very well fuck with the time-stream. Wolverine runs into what looks like a cute little alien being imprisoned, and seeing his own Weapon X past in it, frees it. But it turns out to be a Brood! Wolverine defeats, but in the process, the Brood queen adapts and evolves. Sue Storm discovers that SHIELD is monitoring all of the heroes even at this time (the late 60s our time, who knows when in the Marvel Universe) and, missing her dead husband talks to a younger Reed and warns him that SHIELD is watching him.

It’s going to be interesting to see how these small actions will be reflected in whatever the present day looks like after these time-travel fuckeries. Will their be some kind of uber-Brood? Will Reed Richards be a paranoid villain? Hmmm. Another thing about this issue that I thought was cool was how it used original art by Jack Kirby and John Buscema, that was a very effective technique. It remains to be seen if this was a worthwhile tie-in, if the stuff with the Brood and Reed pays off later on, then yeah, this was worth it, if not, then this was kind of pointless, apart from allowing Matt Kindt to get his foot in the Marvel door.

Advertisement

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 529 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Re: Wolverine & The X-Men #27AU (Weapon X under every rock S

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:16 pm

I liked this issue. Both the writing and the art were a welcome change of pace from the abysmal Age of Ultron book. I had trouble figuring out what was going on with the brood thing. Where was the queen? Was the little thing the queen?
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 189 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:13 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote: Where was the queen? Was the little thing the queen?

Iceman was in this issue ? :P
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 529 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:44 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:

Iceman was in this issue ? :P

Nope. There's no way Iceman is gonna survive in a post-apocalyptic scenario. He'd be one of the first to go. :lol:
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand