Advertisement

GL: New Guardians #19 (Hole in his heart Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

GL: New Guardians #19 (Hole in his heart Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:15 am

Just like last week’s issue of Green Lantern Corps, this was basically a place-holder issue while we wait for the big finale in Green Lantern #20, but I actually enjoyed this one a lot more. Set in the immediate aftermath of Korugar’s destruction, Tony Bedard does a really great job of getting across Sinestro’s fury and sadness. I rant and rave about Geoff Johns turning every villain into a quasi-hero, but for Sinestro it does work. I also like that he still calls Kyle Rayner ‘alley-rat’, it’s a great touch.

Also in this issue we see the limits of what Kyle’s white powers can do, and also get Kyle and Simon Baz’s first meeting, which was cool, I’m looking forward to Kyle no longer being the rookie! Also, Carol Ferris finally finds out that Hal is truly dead. So whilst this issue was a place-holder, it provided some much needed emotional aftermath to the shocking events of Green Lantern #19. Now when we read the ending to this story, we will feel for Sinestro and Carol even more than we did before, which is all you can ask for really.

Advertisement

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 203 posts

Re: GL: New Guardians #19 (Hole in his heart Spoilers)

Postby Draco x » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:29 pm

Isn't Hal supposed to return to lead the corps down the road though?

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Re: GL: New Guardians #19 (Hole in his heart Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:32 pm

draco x wrote:Isn't Hal supposed to return to lead the corps down the road though?

Yeah, he's going to be the main GL in Venditti's run, he'll be resurrected in Green Lantern #20 no doubt.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand