Advertisement

Nova #3 (The pointer on the moon Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

T-Roy Space Cowboy
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 340 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Re: Nova #3 (The pointer on the moon Spoilers)

Postby T-Roy Space Cowboy » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:29 pm

draco x wrote:
Whichever the case, I do hope they bring back Rich as I don't like how they're trying to force Sam down our throats.

No ones forcing you to read it.

It's a good book with fantastic artwork and I enjoy the hell out of it. Rich Rider was an awesome Nova and his last series was damn good, he went out like a hero though and if he never comes back, which is highly unlikely I am cool with that. People bitch and complain about death not meaning anything in comes but in the same breath wish characters they liked would come back from the dead :smt102

Advertisement

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 778 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:34 pm

Punchy wrote:Sam's dad was part of some kind of black-ops secret Nova squadron.

That's what I am talking about. I was under the impression that members of the black-ops Nova squadron were referred to as Supernovas. I could be mistaken about that but prior to the Thanos Imperative during War of Kings, Garthan Saal rescued Malik Tarcel from the Shi'ar. They disappeared after War of Kings and have not been mentioned since. What better way to eventually bring Richard Rider back than to have the original Supernova start up his own Corps in the absence of the actual Nova Corps?
ImageImageImage

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 627 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:46 pm

Punchy wrote:
Where do you stand on Red Hulk?

I hate him and everything he stands for.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 465 posts
Title: All the good ones were taken
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:59 pm

Punchy wrote:That he (and the rest of the Nova Corps) are dead.

Sam says he knew about him, that he was 'a Young Avenger' or something.

Grayson wrote::smt011

:smt011 :smt011
ImageImageImageImageImage

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 148 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:10 pm

Punchy wrote:
Sam's dad was part of some kind of black-ops secret Nova squadron.

Yeah, that still doesn't make that much sense in light of what happened with the Annihilation Wave.

Hab

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby habitual » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:13 pm

Tattooed Jesus wrote:

It's a good book with fantastic artwork and I enjoy the hell out of it. Rich Rider was an awesome Nova and his last series was damn good, he went out like a hero though and if he never comes back, which is highly unlikely I am cool with that. People bitch and complain about death not meaning anything in comes but in the same breath wish characters they liked would come back from the dead :smt102

If that book hadn't revitalized the entire Marvel Cosmic genre I'd agree with you, but, it did, so I don't :smt011

Hab

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:17 pm

habitual wrote:
If that book hadn't revitalized the entire Marvel Cosmic genre I'd agree with you, but, it did, so I don't :smt011

Hab

Hab, your obsession with Annihilation revitalizing Marvel cosmic is bordering on Naciremanesque. :P

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby habitual » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:18 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
Hab, your obsession with Annihilation revitalizing Marvel cosmic is bordering on Naciremanesque. :P

I don't start any threads about it :D

Hab

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:42 pm

:lol:
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 189 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:09 pm

habitual wrote:
I don't start any threads about it :D

Hab

Yet.

Before you know it you'll be starting threads about the neoclassic Marvel Cosmic :P

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:20 pm

Tattooed Jesus wrote:People bitch and complain about death not meaning anything in comes but in the same breath wish characters they liked would come back from the dead :smt102

Death not meaning anything in comics doesn't just apply to the fact that character who die tend to come back to life. I think that the biggest problem with death in comics right now, especially Marvel Comics, is that Marvel has went out of their way to let you know that they are going to kill a character off in every one of their events. Since 2010, in just 3 years, we have already seen the "Deaths" of:

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
***This is going to be SPOILER HEAVY!***

Adam Warlock/Magus
Ant-Man (Eric O'Grady)
Ares
Black Bolt
Brother Voodoo
Bullseye
Captain America (Bucky Barnes)
Daken
Darkhawk
D-Man
Doc Samson
Drax
Human Torch (Johnny Storm)
Madame Webb
The Mandarin
Mettle
Nightcrawler
Nova (Richard Rider)
Professor Xavier
Rhino
The Sentry
Silver Sable
Silver Samurai
Spider-Man (Peter Parker)
Star Lord
Stature
Thor
Victoria Hand
The Vision II
Vulcan

That is 30 characters in 3 years. Keep in mind that's only counting characters from the Main Marvel universe. Granted, some of them have already come back but you have to admit that's an outrageous number. Forget for a moment that the likelihood is that most of those characters will eventually come back in some capacity, how can anybody take death in comics seriously when it has become so commonplace?
ImageImageImage

3MJ

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby 3MJ » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:26 pm

Grayson wrote:
Death not meaning anything in comics doesn't just apply to the fact that character who die tend to come back to life. I think that the biggest problem with death in comics right now, especially Marvel Comics, is that Marvel has went out of their way to let you know that they are going to kill a character off in every one of their events. Since 2010, in just 3 years, we have already seen the "Deaths" of:

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
***This is going to be SPOILER HEAVY!***

Adam Warlock/Magus
Ant-Man (Eric O'Grady)
Ares
Black Bolt
Brother Voodoo
Bullseye
Captain America (Bucky Barnes)
Daken
Darkhawk
D-Man
Doc Samson
Drax
Human Torch (Johnny Storm)
Madame Webb
The Mandarin
Mettle
Nightcrawler
Nova (Richard Rider)
Professor Xavier
Rhino
The Sentry
Silver Sable
Silver Samurai
Spider-Man (Peter Parker)
Star Lord
Stature
Thor
Victoria Hand
The Vision II
Vulcan

That is 30 characters in 3 years. Keep in mind that's only counting characters from the Main Marvel universe. Granted, some of them have already come back but you have to admit that's an outrageous number. Forget for a moment that the likelihood is that most of those characters will eventually come back in some capacity, how can anybody take death in comics seriously when it has become so commonplace?

You're absolutely right of course. When Marvel are publishing 50 comics a month and on average around one of them a month kills off a character on the level of D-man or Mettle, there is just a needless amount of casualties.

RIP all those big name characters who've died in the last 40 months.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 260 posts

Postby Draco x » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:36 pm

Tattooed Jesus wrote:

You're under the impression that I would actually read anything with the new Nova?

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:51 pm

Jubilee wrote:You're absolutely right of course. When Marvel are publishing 50 comics a month and on average around one of them a month kills off a character on the level of D-man or Mettle, there is just a needless amount of casualties.

RIP all those big name characters who've died in the last 40 months.

The best way I can really describe this is think of Age of Ultron. They are literally killing characters left and right. None of these deaths have any impact at all because we know that by the end of this event time will be reset and most, if not all of the deaths will be undone. The entire Marvel Universe is basically the Age of Ultron. There are so many character deaths, that as a plot point, it has become unimportant. It doesn't matter if you are killing an A-List character or a D-List character because at the end of the day, you know that somebody is probably going to die.

draco x wrote:You're under the impression that I would actually read anything with the new Nova?

I'm pretty sure that he covered this already when he said:

Tattooed Jesus wrote:No ones forcing you to read it.
ImageImageImage

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 260 posts

Postby Draco x » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:52 pm

Grayson wrote:
The best way I can really describe this is think of Age of Ultron. They are literally killing characters left and right. None of these deaths have any impact at all because we know that by the end of this event time will be reset and most, if not all of the deaths will be undone. The entire Marvel Universe is basically the Age of Ultron. There are so many character deaths, that as a plot point, it has become unimportant. It doesn't matter if you are killing an A-List character or a D-List character because at the end of the day, you know that somebody is probably going to die.

I'm pretty sure that he covered this already when he said:

You do know that was a rhetorical question, right?

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand