Tuesday, May 31, 2016 • Evening Edition • "SCORE! The Outhouse does it again!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Mark Waid's impossible Superman quiz

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:03 am

GLX wrote:
There's being a fan and...there's...being special.

Herald?

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:47 am

Yeah, I only got the Jax-Ur one.

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:07 am

Thankfully, I didn't know any of them.

I love the Bizarro Code.

LoganRSA

penile prisoner

Postby LoganRSA » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:50 am

I should have known two, maybe three, because they sounded so familiar right after I saw the answers. Most, though, were like reading Sanskrit.

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:20 am

doombug wrote: :lol:

I'm actually going to agree with Yoni on this one. (and yes that means I didn't know any of these)

I worry about anyone that knows Clark Kent's Social security number.

Yea and that was the first question. I knew right then I wasnt gonna get any of them and that the people that did get it have never left their parents basement.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:20 am

well the 3 i got were Jax-Ur, Lara's maiden name, and the radius of Gold K (i can thank an old DC digest featuring all different varieties of Kryptonite for remembering that one). and i've never really been a HUGE Supes fan, so i think those were all doable. the rest...jesus Waid...that's some obscure nerderrific shit.

LoganRSA

penile prisoner

Postby LoganRSA » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:59 am

The most obscure bit of Superman trivia I know by heart: What's Superman's favorite novel?

To Kill a Mockingbird

Probably not as obscure as most of those on the quiz, and I couldn't cite a source, but I like it. I've been in a bit of an animated Superman kick on Netflix for the last week without even realizing his publication anniversary was here. Weird.

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:32 am

chap22 wrote:well the 3 i got were Jax-Ur, Lara's maiden name, and the radius of Gold K (i can thank an old DC digest featuring all different varieties of Kryptonite for remembering that one). and i've never really been a HUGE Supes fan, so i think those were all doable. the rest...jesus Waid...that's some obscure nerderrific shit.

I remember reading an article about Mark Waid and Kurt Busiek trying to out stump the other in esoteric DC Silver Age trivia. What I would do to see that. :-D

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:53 am

Eli Katz wrote:Thankfully, I didn't know any of them.

I love the Bizarro Code.

I didn't know any of them because Waid has read thousands of pre-COIE Superman comics, and I became a Superman fan with Byrne's relaunch.

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:06 pm

Arion wrote:
I didn't know any of them because Waid has read thousands of pre-COIE Superman comics, and I became a Superman fan with Byrne's relaunch.

He also could've read this book.

This sits on the coffee table in my home office.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:29 pm

Log-Man wrote:The most obscure bit of Superman trivia I know by heart: What's Superman's favorite novel?

To Kill a Mockingbird

Probably not as obscure as most of those on the quiz, and I couldn't cite a source, but I like it. I've been in a bit of an animated Superman kick on Netflix for the last week without even realizing his publication anniversary was here. Weird.

For some reason, I'm thinking Loeb.

mrorangesoda

FROGMAN

Postby mrorangesoda » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:52 pm

None. I don't think I've read a single issue mentioned.

Royal Nonesuch

Staff Writer

Postby Royal Nonesuch » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:08 pm

Three and a half. I got the gist of the Bizarro oath, but not the exact wording.

I have no idea why I knew Kal-El's mother's maiden name, but I guess now I can open up a credit card in his name.

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:17 pm

chap22 wrote:well the 3 i got were Jax-Ur, Lara's maiden name, and the radius of Gold K (i can thank an old DC digest featuring all different varieties of Kryptonite for remembering that one). and i've never really been a HUGE Supes fan, so i think those were all doable. the rest...jesus Waid...that's some obscure nerderrific shit.

I had that same digest, also how I knew the gold K answer :lol:

Hab

ElijahSnowFan

cheese

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:32 pm

Those were the three I got -- those have been around for a while. But holy hell, the rest of that quiz -- how the hell was I supposed to know details about the radio show? FFS! I'm not that damn old!

leave a comment with facebook