Advertisement

Nova #3 (The pointer on the moon Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 189 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Re: Nova #3 (The pointer on the moon Spoilers)

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:26 pm

draco x wrote:
You're under the impression that I would actually read anything with the new Nova?

you don't seem to have a problem coming into here and whining about it so on some level you do care about sam alexander.

Advertisement

3MJ

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby 3MJ » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:42 am

Grayson wrote:
The best way I can really describe this is think of Age of Ultron. They are literally killing characters left and right. None of these deaths have any impact at all because we know that by the end of this event time will be reset and most, if not all of the deaths will be undone. The entire Marvel Universe is basically the Age of Ultron. There are so many character deaths, that as a plot point, it has become unimportant. It doesn't matter if you are killing an A-List character or a D-List character because at the end of the day, you know that somebody is probably going to die.

I'm pretty sure that he covered this already when he said:

That has always been an issue. Do you like Age of Apocalypse?

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 776 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:52 pm

Jubilee wrote:That has always been an issue. Do you like Age of Apocalypse?

Yes, I loved the Age of Apocalypse but whether or not I like an event is beside the point. I wasn't using the Age of Ultron as an example because of my personal feelings for the event. I used it as an example because of the amount of characters they are killing that don't have any impact on the reader emotionally because you know that they don't matter in order to compare it to the Marvel Universe as a whole.

However, since you brought it up, let's look at the time frame of the Age of Apocalypse. That was almost 20 years ago. Neither DC or Marvel were killing characters at a rate of one per month. When the Death of Superman happened it was a huge event not only because it was the death of arguably the biggest comic book character of all time but also because it was a story plot that wasn't casually thrown around each month to sell a comic book.

The point that I was trying to make originally when I responded to Tattooed Jesus was that the frequency of death in comics has had just as negative of an impact on death mattering in comics as the rate that these characters come back from the dead.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 258 posts

Postby Draco x » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:00 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:
you don't seem to have a problem coming into here and whining about it so on some level you do care about sam alexander.

Teapot calling kettle black.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand