Saturday, April 30, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "Where your childhood dreams don't have to die alone."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Boston Comic Con Canceled - Writing Staff To Leave Offensive Comments To Forum

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:13 pm

Boston Comic Con Canceled - Writing Staff To Leave Offensive Comments To Forum

Due to the events of the past week, the Boston Comic Con has been canceled.

Source: Boston Comic Con Facebook Page

From The Boston Comic Con's Facebook Page:

Due to the unfortunate events that have transpired here in Boston, a lock down has been put into effect until further notice causing the Hynes Convention Center to suspend all events. As such, The Boston Comic Con will be rescheduled to a date in the not too distant future. All people who purchased advanced tickets on line will have their tickets honored at the rescheduled show. If for some reason, you can not come to the show on that date, we will refund your ticket.

Please, we ask for your patience, understanding, and cooperation. We appreciate your loyalty, and continued support for the Boston Comic Con. Unfortunately, this situation is beyond our control. 

When asked what angle we should take when reporting this, the entire writing staff of The Outhouse decided that the forum posters would do a much better job turning this into an offensive stupid conversation about censorship, empathy, Obama, or whatnot and decided to just let this be.

Written or Contributed by GHERU

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:29 pm

Weren't a few members supposed to go?

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:33 pm

doombug for sure

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:40 pm

I was going to go. I actually have seen the commission I ordered from Colleen Doran.

I just got an email blast from my shop owner.

Damn,

I just heard Boston Comic con is officially cancelled due to the manhunt for the Boston marathon bomber.

We should not allow terrorists to control our lives.

I will not allow these douche-bags to control mine.
Let's have a fun day together & heal.
FREE for vendors.
FREE for fans.
FREE for creators.

Tomorrow in Lowell, MA I'm hosting an impromptu convention:

The show MUST go on in my building in Lowell, MA.

Tell the fans.
Use your Twitter & Facebook.

Tell the vendors.

Tell the creators.

I'll be up all night.

We need tables & volunteers to shuttle creators from Boston.

Call me for more info.

603-944-1176
Not sure how well it'll work out but Larry's good people. Big freaking heart on him.

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:44 pm

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/The-Show-MUST-go-on-tomorrow-in-Lowell--MA--bostoncomicon-fans--vendors-invited-.html?soid=1102175080055&aid=arPBW-tz24k

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:51 pm

I don't know that that's the best idea, they're rescheduling it after all. But whatevs.

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:54 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:I don't know that that's the best idea, they're rescheduling it after all. But whatevs.

For those that spent time/money to get here and are in the area, it's a chance though to do something. Just a chance to celebrate what is good in comics instead of moping in a hotel

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:58 pm

Chesscub wrote:I was going to go. I actually have seen the commission I ordered from Colleen Doran.

I just got an email blast from my shop owner.

Damn,

I just heard Boston Comic con is officially cancelled due to the manhunt for the Boston marathon bomber.

We should not allow terrorists to control our lives.

I will not allow these douche-bags to control mine.
Let's have a fun day together & heal.
FREE for vendors.
FREE for fans.
FREE for creators.

Tomorrow in Lowell, MA I'm hosting an impromptu convention:

The show MUST go on in my building in Lowell, MA.

Tell the fans.
Use your Twitter & Facebook.

Tell the vendors.

Tell the creators.

I'll be up all night.

We need tables & volunteers to shuttle creators from Boston.

Call me for more info.

603-944-1176
Not sure how well it'll work out but Larry's good people. Big freaking heart on him.

Glad to hear about this.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:59 pm

Aren't the police advising people in Boston should stay where they're at right now? If the guy is still at large and transportation affected, wouldn't that naturally impact people's determination to go buy comic books?

Well, let me know how it all works out. :smt102

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:15 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:Aren't the police advising people in Boston should stay where they're at right now? If the guy is still at large and transportation affected, wouldn't that naturally impact people's determination to go buy comic books?

It should. I'm interpreting this like it's not that they're afraid that someone may bomb the ComiCon, it's that the bomber-maniac is on the loose somewhere in the city. Allowing thousands of bystanders in and out of the city would only further hamper Law Enforcement actions not to mention possibly placing all these new bystanders in harms way should the bomber decide to hide in a large crowd.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:22 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:
It should. I'm interpreting this like it's not that they're afraid that someone may bomb the ComiCon, it's that the bomber-maniac is on the loose somewhere in the city. Allowing thousands of bystanders into the city would only further hamper Law Enforcement actions not to mention possibly placing all these new bystanders in harms way should the bomber decide to hide in a large crowd.

Sure. Well, I guess Lowell's far enough away. The news makes it sound like the whole city of Boston is locked down until they catch/kill the guy.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:36 pm

Oh wait, is this that guy who got into the fight with Mark Waid and the same guy who made all those black Spider-Man tweets? :lol: :lol:

I dunno about that guy, frankly. He's come across as quite the jackass being the "social media rock star" he bills himself as. I'm sure he would like to be seen as the guy who saved boston comic con.

prozacman

Expert Post Whore

Postby prozacman » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:02 pm

Crap. Late to the party again.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:06 pm

Watertown, Mass now the center of Police activity. Shots fired and an unidentified body/person found in some guys backyard. They haven't said yet but it may be the second suspect.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:24 pm

Damn, got a homie in Watertown. He better keep his ass inside.

leave a comment with facebook