Advertisement

Pokemon games

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Amoebas
User avatar
Son of Stein
 
Posts: 21145
Likes: 237 posts
Liked in: 478 posts
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:27 pm
Location: Auburn, MA
Title: Amorphous Anomoly


Re: Pokemon games

Postby Amoebas » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:39 am

Jubilee wrote:Sdischero, when the new pokemon game comes out which console do I need to play it and can I trade from X/Y with pokemon black?
Since transfer was created, Pokemon games have always had a way to do it (but for the last few years - only in one direction).
My favorite Aerdactyl with the Rock Head ability and Double Edge (which is no longer an option for it since Gen IV games). So if I want one in BW I have to...

Get and raise a Rock-Head Aerodactyl in either Ruby, Sapphire or Emerald. Transfer to XD on the Gamecube to learn Double Edge. Transfer back to RSE.
Transfer Aerodactyl to Diamond/Pearl/Platinum through Pal Park
Then it's off to B/W/B2/W2 through Poke Transfer

I have to assume there'll be a way to migrate it to X/Y

All said do do this I would minimally need...
GameBoy Advanced/SP > cable > GameCube > cable > GameBoy Advanced/SP > GameBoy DS with Advanced/SP cart slot > GameBoy 3DS

Yeah, it's a lot of work (as opposed of a 3 second hack job many do instead) but I have all the equipment so it works for me.

Advertisement

3MJ
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 61 posts


Re: Pokemon games

Postby 3MJ » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:19 am

That's awesome. I just wish I had all the equipment :(

sdsichero
User avatar
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion
 
Posts: 71195
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 670 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:25 pm
Location: Secret Base, Honolulu, HI
Title: *NEW*
Formerly: beta-ray


Online


Re: Pokemon games

Postby sdsichero » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:31 am

Jubilee wrote:That's awesome. I just wish I had all the equipment :(


THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!

Zero
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9251
Likes: 20 posts
Liked in: 65 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:00 am
Location: The Frozen North
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian


Re: Pokemon games

Postby Zero » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:44 pm

Just started a new game on Black. Starting with Oshawatt since last time I had a Tepig.

Amoebas
User avatar
Son of Stein
 
Posts: 21145
Likes: 237 posts
Liked in: 478 posts
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:27 pm
Location: Auburn, MA
Title: Amorphous Anomoly


Re: Pokemon games

Postby Amoebas » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:51 pm

Finished Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity last night.

If you have any interest in playing it (Mystery Dungeon games are always fun imo) be warned that this game has a truly evil monster that runs throughout the game.

That monster? Text.

Lots and lots of Poke-dialogue. And unlike the main games where you can set the text speed to fast, in this game you're stuck with what they give you. Pressing the A button moves you to the next text piece but holding down B lets all the text just run from one sentence to the next.

There were times in this game where I was holding B for over 5 minutes - not reading a thing (because I'd lost all interest by then in the story) - but it just kept chugging along.

And it gets worse at the end of the game. You should be revved up getting ready to face the final baddie and then - BAM. Talking non stop talking.

Now that I'm a little ways into the post game stuff it's gotten better, but if the game takes 20 hours to finish, 10 of them were spent trying to not read the bloody text. :lol:

sdsichero
User avatar
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion
 
Posts: 71195
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 670 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:25 pm
Location: Secret Base, Honolulu, HI
Title: *NEW*
Formerly: beta-ray


Online


Re: Pokemon games

Postby sdsichero » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:14 pm

Amoebas wrote:Finished Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity last night.

If you have any interest in playing it (Mystery Dungeon games are always fun imo) be warned that this game has a truly evil monster that runs throughout the game.

That monster? Text.

Lots and lots of Poke-dialogue. And unlike the main games where you can set the text speed to fast, in this game you're stuck with what they give you. Pressing the A button moves you to the next text piece but holding down B lets all the text just run from one sentence to the next.

There were times in this game where I was holding B for over 5 minutes - not reading a thing (because I'd lost all interest by then in the story) - but it just kept chugging along.

And it gets worse at the end of the game. You should be revved up getting ready to face the final baddie and then - BAM. Talking non stop talking.

Now that I'm a little ways into the post game stuff it's gotten better, but if the game takes 20 hours to finish, 10 of them were spent trying to not read the bloody text. :lol:


I got as far as choosing a Pokemon and the first dungeon. Still trying to get through Fire Emblem (hard when I don't play everyday).

Amoebas
User avatar
Son of Stein
 
Posts: 21145
Likes: 237 posts
Liked in: 478 posts
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:27 pm
Location: Auburn, MA
Title: Amorphous Anomoly


Re: Pokemon games

Postby Amoebas » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:37 pm

sdsichero wrote:
I got as far as choosing a Pokemon and the first dungeon.

I changed it up from my norm and went with Axew (with Snivy as the partner). As I discovered Axew learns Double Chop rather early, which makes the game a whole lot easier.

Be warned, at the end of the main story, you will lose your main Pokemon and be left with the partner to go spelunking with (in this respect Snivy isn't very good (Although this might be more a level 34 Snivy taking on lvl 50 Beartics problem than just Snivy not being very good)).

sdsichero
User avatar
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion
 
Posts: 71195
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 670 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:25 pm
Location: Secret Base, Honolulu, HI
Title: *NEW*
Formerly: beta-ray


Online


Re: Pokemon games

Postby sdsichero » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:48 pm

Amoebas wrote:I changed it up from my norm and went with Axew (with Snivy as the partner). As I discovered Axew learns Double Chop rather early, which makes the game a whole lot easier.

Be warned, at the end of the main story, you will lose your main Pokemon and be left with the partner to go spelunking with (in this respect Snivy isn't very good (Although this might be more a level 34 Snivy taking on lvl 50 Beartics problem than just Snivy not being very good)).


I chose Axew too

sdsichero
User avatar
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion
 
Posts: 71195
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 670 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:25 pm
Location: Secret Base, Honolulu, HI
Title: *NEW*
Formerly: beta-ray


Online


Re: Pokemon games

Postby sdsichero » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:58 am



sdsichero
User avatar
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion
 
Posts: 71195
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 670 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:25 pm
Location: Secret Base, Honolulu, HI
Title: *NEW*
Formerly: beta-ray


Online


Re: Pokemon games

Postby sdsichero » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:54 am

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity - Passwords

For those of you in North America, the next new set of passwords has been revealed by the official site. This password will get you a special Joy Seed that lets you increase level by 1. The password is: 8P868TP7. This password is activated within the Wonder Mail section of the game.


Pokémon Rumble U

The first details of CoroCoro have come out and revealed more details for Pokémon Rumble U. This doesn't reveal much new but does reveal that the game will also have passwords for obtaining Pokémon. CoroCoro has given a password 51830476 which gives you a Garchomp. It also confirms that there are special abilities again, including ones that can be set yourself. You can also use coins to set names of various Pokémon toys. Finally, it confirms that Shiny Pokémon make a return to the game, with the Garchomp being distributed being one. Thanks to Guested for assistance in translation.
It also teases that something connecting the arcade game Pokémon Tretta and the 3DS will be revealed


Pokémon -

Though it doesn't reveal anything new, CoroCoro also reveals the pieces about the new Pokémon revealed last week. In doing so, it confirms that it replaces Mewtwo on the movie poster and confirms that it is in fact a new form of Mewtwo, with the poster explanation stating that Mewtwo has awakened and become its new shape.

Amoebas
User avatar
Son of Stein
 
Posts: 21145
Likes: 237 posts
Liked in: 478 posts
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:27 pm
Location: Auburn, MA
Title: Amorphous Anomoly


Re: Pokemon games

Postby Amoebas » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:56 am

So no Mewthree, just Mew (Aliens head form)?

sdsichero
User avatar
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion
 
Posts: 71195
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 670 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:25 pm
Location: Secret Base, Honolulu, HI
Title: *NEW*
Formerly: beta-ray


Online


Re: Pokemon games

Postby sdsichero » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:14 pm

Amoebas wrote:So no Mewthree, just Mew (Aliens head form)?

I'm not sure a name was confirmed, I gotta double check. The scans from that article say Mewtsu (probably same as Mewtwo) with kanji after it.

Zero
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9251
Likes: 20 posts
Liked in: 65 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:00 am
Location: The Frozen North
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian


Re: Pokemon games

Postby Zero » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:14 pm

If it's just a new form it'll still be called Mewtwo but with (Looking Stupid) or (Nilquava Forme) written after it.

sdsichero
User avatar
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion
 
Posts: 71195
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 670 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:25 pm
Location: Secret Base, Honolulu, HI
Title: *NEW*
Formerly: beta-ray


Online


Re: Pokemon games

Postby sdsichero » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:34 pm

More Pokémon Rumble U Figures Revealed

The second set of figures for Pokémon Rumble U have been revealed, including fan favourites Eevee and Mewtwo.

The set, which Serebii.net reports is due to be released in Japan on May 25, is rounded out by Croagunk, Zoroark, Litwick and Genesect as well as another secret figure.


It's also been revealed that you'll be able to unlock monsters for use in the game with passwords released through Nintendo promotions and IC Cards. IC Cards are like Oyster Cards in the UK, and allow people to touch in and out on public transport including trains and buses.


Image

sdsichero
User avatar
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion
 
Posts: 71195
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 670 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:25 pm
Location: Secret Base, Honolulu, HI
Title: *NEW*
Formerly: beta-ray


Online


Re: Pokemon games

Postby sdsichero » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:47 pm

Amoebas wrote:So no Mewthree, just Mew (Aliens head form)?


Zero wrote:If it's just a new form it'll still be called Mewtwo but with (Looking Stupid) or (Nilquava Forme) written after it.


Yup


leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: doombug, FaceBook [Linkcheck], Google [Bot], HNutz and 47 guests

Advertisement