Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Re: The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Postby syxxpakk » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:11 pm

I watched the last two Gabe Sapolsky-booked ROH shows this weekend. Talking about ending with a whimper. The last show features LAX vs. the Briscoes in what should have been a dream tag match, but it under-delivered. The crowd was dead throughout, which added to the problems. And the ending of the DVD couldn't have been more apropos - a nighttime beatdown which you can't make out because of poor lighting.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

Advertisement

Bianco
cheese

Liked in: 95 posts

Postby Bianco » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:10 pm

-WWE sent out the following today:

E! ANNOUNCES NEW SERIES REVEALING THE REAL WOMEN BEHIND THE WWE® DIVAS THAT PROVES THE DRAMA IS EVEN BIGGER WHEN THEY STEP OUTSIDE THE RING

“Total Divas” Goes Inside the Personal Lives of the Sexy Superstars Who Entertain Tens of Millions of Passionate Fans Every Week and the Newcomers Vying for that Coveted Title

Los Angeles, CA – April 22, 2013 – Adored by millions of fans, the gorgeous women called WWE Divas have earned their places as sports entertainment icons through more than just their pretty faces and red hot figures. It takes a lot of work and guts to enter the competitive WWE family, where youth is golden. This summer, E! will take viewers into a whole new world of drama when “Total Divas” explores life beyond the ring for seven WWE Divas who must wrestle with the challenges of life in the spotlight, a grueling work and travel schedule, and the intense competition for prominence in a career that leaves little time for a personal life.

“I’m thrilled for E! and WWE to join forces and pull back the curtain on one of pop culture’s most fascinating arenas,” said Suzanne Kolb, President E! “With tens of millions of weekly fans at their disposal, these glamorous, entertaining and powerful women prove that behind the glitz of the spotlight, the locker room drama and the jockeying for position within the organization, they are all drawn to one thing: stardom.”

“We are excited to work with E! on the launch of ‘Total Divas,’ a series that will showcase the professional and personal lives of WWE’s multi-talented female performers,” said Kevin Dunn, Executive Vice President, Television Production, WWE. “There is no series on the air that can rival the charm, beauty, larger than life personalities, drama and glamour that this show will deliver.”

The series will focus on a select group of seven women from the ranks of the WWE Diva corps. Five are established Divas who are no strangers to the life, and two are newbies, girls who have entered into the Diva training program, but have yet to prove themselves worthy of the title. Throughout the series, we will see these women attempting to establish their own pecking order, as the new girls attempt to handle the jealousy and pressure that comes with working your way up the ladder for the most airtime, ring time and top celebrity status. With no two days alike and juggling their constant demands, the Divas definitely find time to celebrate their star status by traveling the world for their various charities, appearing in feature films, attending star-studded red carpets and glamorous photo shoots. Through it all, the everyday challenges of maintaining relationships with their boyfriends, as well as their families, in their over the top lifestyles start to take their toll on the girls.

Appearing in the series are the Bella Twins, Brie and Nikki, a pair of seasoned veterans who have reached superstar status in the WWE ring and earned their places in the spotlight. The duo will work harder than ever to maintain this level of excellence, whether the newbies like it or not. Naomi and Cameron are two knockouts whose dance routines have made them stars on the tour. When conflict and success collide head on between these two, will both be left standing? They don’t call them Divas for nothing! Natalya is a third-generation sports entertainment star who knows the ropes and knows them well. She’s seen lots of doors open for other Divas, but often finds herself left behind when it comes to achieving superstar status. Can she continue to soldier on as a perennial “bridesmaid”? And tagging into the ring as the newest member of the Divas is Eva Marie, a passionate, sexy, extremely competitive force that wants stardom more than anyone else. Also joining in on the action is Jo–Jo Offerman, an entertainer at heart, young and energetic who will no doubt be a charismatic force in the ring.

The show kicks off with an unprecedented look inside the most-anticipated WWE event of the year, WrestleMania®, marking the first time that any television series was granted exclusive behind-the-scenes access to WWE. Following the drama, the series heads to WWE’s flagship television program, Monday Night Raw®, with a match between the Bellas in one corner, and Naomi/Cameron (aka “The Funkadactyls”) in the other. They bring on the drama from the very start, and alliances are quickly formed on the road as the new girls choose sides. And with some WWE Superstars vying for the romantic attention of the girls, the drama comes to a boil quickly, and shows no sign of slowing down.

Total Divas is produced by WWE and Bunim-Murray Productions. Jon Murray, Gil Goldshein, Jeff Jenkins and Russell Jay are Executive Producers for Bunim-Murray Productions.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 105 posts

Postby misac » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:38 pm

Punchy wrote:Smackdown was really good this week, even though it had no Dolph Ziggler.

Jack Swagger and Alberto Del Rio had another very good match, that may have even been better than their Wrestlemania one. It was really aggressive, and the constant-reversals work a lot better for two wrestlers who have submission finishers than it does for guys like Rock or Cena. I am very much looking forward to the 3-way match at Extreme Rules, although, is a Triple Threat really that 'extreme'? They should at least make it a falls-count anywhere match.

Fandango kicked the crap out of Santino, which was fun, I'm still all aboard the Fandango train, and Santino may be stupid, but he's funny and you need funny guys to lighten things up a little. Plus, his outright comedy was a good contrast for Fandango, a character who is just this close to becoming goofy as hell, but somehow manages to still be taken seriously. His skeezing on the ring announcer was great.

The mixed-tag match was kind of stupid, but I did like that they bothered to have a reason for it to happen (Primo, Epico and Rosa stole Khali, Hornswoggle and Natalya's parking space), most weeks it would just happen for no reason. I also like how Hornswoggle was driving the car.

Barrett Vs Kingston was a match I didn't want to see after their lengthy feud over the IC title in the autumn, but it was OK, it's weird that Kofi is back to kicking ass after 2 months of losing in 3 seconds to the Big Show or whatever, and it annoys me that Barrett ALWAYS FUCKING LOSES when he's supposed to be champion, but the match was good. Hopefully Wade will get a big hometown win in London next week.

Speaking of London, The Shield's video was great, I hope the match with Team Hell No and Undertaker actually happens and we don't get swerved out of it.

Mark Henry and Big Show absolutely fucking creamed Orton and Sheamus, it was glorious, brutal destruction and I loved it. Give those two the tag-team titles now! They would crush all who came before them.

Really liked the Fandango/Lillian bit. Total asshole. :lol:

Anything with Hornswoggle just kills it for me, and they’re doing that stupid match on Saturday Morning Slam this week again. :roll: That said, it was funny that Khali was supposedly riding in that tiny car. :lol:

Should have had Barrett win and win the title when they’re in England. 8) Kofi had a pretty good match against Justin Gabriel on SMS.

Yeah, I hope to see Big Show and Henry kill more dudes.

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 86 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:12 pm

PWInsider confirms earlier reports that WWE Diva Rosa Mendes was sent home from the current European tour. We noted earlier that she may have been “drunk” on tour. PWI says officials were worried about her behavior and because she has a history, they made the decision to send her home.

http://www.prowrestling.com/post-surger ... rosa-home/

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

Johnny Smith
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 154 posts
Title: Metadata Broker

Postby Johnny Smith » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:03 pm

Bianco wrote:-
Appearing in the series are the Bella Twins, Brie and Nikki, a pair of seasoned veterans who have reached superstar status in the WWE ring and earned their places in the spotlight. .

8) Now I know why they've been getting a big push lately.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1008 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:55 pm

Bianco wrote:-WWE sent out the following today:

E! ANNOUNCES NEW SERIES REVEALING THE REAL WOMEN BEHIND THE WWE® DIVAS THAT PROVES THE DRAMA IS EVEN BIGGER WHEN THEY STEP OUTSIDE THE RING

Alright I am not trying to be a jerk at all but serious question: Is this something that people really want to see? I can't imagine that there is really that large of a demand for the WWE Divas, especially the current batch, that they would need their own show. :smt102
ImageImageImage

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 130 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:12 pm

Grayson wrote:
Alright I am not trying to be a jerk at all but serious question: Is this something that people really want to see? I can't imagine that there is really that large of a demand for the WWE Divas, especially the current batch, that they would need their own show. :smt102

Nobody wanted to see "What Would R*** Lochte Do?" either, but E! still gave it the green light

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 130 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:23 pm

Excactly where again is The Shield getting the money to afford things like helicopter rides to the arena?

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

kingbeavis
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Postby kingbeavis » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:34 pm

Chris Jericho vs Dolph Ziggler on England Raw?!? Count me in.

troysshr
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 443 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby troysshr » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:12 am

So RAW from England was pretty damn good last night, especially because of the very vocal and entertaining crowd once again and the Undertaker/Hell No vs Shield match! So far this year the best matches of the year have been on RAW: Punk vs Cena and last nights Six Man match are my favorite matches of the year!

I have to give major kudos to the Shield, they are probably the greatest 3 man team since the Freebirds and probably the greatest working faction since the original 4 Horsemen. They just work so well together that it is insane, the way they individually compliment the others is fantastic to watch. I don't know of any other 3 guys that have made such an amazing impact upon their debut in such a short amount of time.
ImageImageImage

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:59 am

Excellent, excellent RAW this week, and I'm not just saying that because it was in the UK.

The 6-Man tag was amazing. I love how dominant The Shield were, they kicked ass and arrived in a fucking helicopter. It was crazy cool to see The Undertaker in the same ring as new guys like The Shield (and also Bryan), and cool to have him in a match that's not at Wrestlemania and therefore not a foregone conclusion. I also loved how much the crowd were behind Daniel Bryan, those 'YES' chants were loud as hell.

And then, The Shield not only beat The Undertaker, but they then ambush Ryback at the end! I've seen some people online complain about them retreating, but it makes sense. 1) They would be knackered after their match and 2) Cena had a chair.

I really liked the Cena/Ryback/Foley stuff, it was very effective, what with Cena faking out to run away, but then coming back in, and Ryback is working really well for me as a bad guy, he's saying more stuff, and what he says is good, like insulting Mick Foley, which was epic. Ryback may not rule quite yet, but he's getting there.

I was disappointed that Wade Barrett didn't have a match in the UK show, but they kind of made up for it by having William Regal fight Fandango.

Jericho/Ziggler was kind of meh, we've seen that match waaaay too much lately, but I did like all of the backstage stuff with Ziggler and his crew. AJ calling him 'Zigglypuff' was great, and I like the subtle hints of rivalry between him and Big E. It was also cool that Big E and AJ had matches of their own tonight. Langston decimated Zack Ryder, and AJ won a battle royal to become Divas No.1 Contender. The match between AJ and Kaitlyn has been much anticipated, I hope it's good. I liked how AJ's strategy was to just be knocked out for the entire match, I wonder if she actually was playing possum. She's so great as a crazy villain.

Team Rhodes Scholars and Tons Of Funk had 2 singles matches against each other that were OK, Sandow won the first and Tensai the second. I'm a big Rhodes Scholars fan so I was glad to see one of them win, and as I said, both matches were short but enjoyable.

What else... Oh yeah, Paul Heyman is awesome and it's cool that Triple H is not rambling on like he is prone to do, he's keeping it short and keeping it bad-ass. That Pedigree was boss.

Johnny Smith
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 154 posts
Title: Metadata Broker

Postby Johnny Smith » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:56 am

I like that Ryback is making references to "super Cena" :-D

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:03 pm

Grayson wrote:

E just airs garbage so I don’t see why this won’t fit just as well. :P

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:10 pm

Tattooed Jesus wrote:So RAW from England was pretty damn good last night, especially because of the very vocal and entertaining crowd once again and the Undertaker/Hell No vs Shield match! So far this year the best matches of the year have been on RAW: Punk vs Cena and last nights Six Man match are my favorite matches of the year!

I have to give major kudos to the Shield, they are probably the greatest 3 man team since the Freebirds and probably the greatest working faction since the original 4 Horsemen. They just work so well together that it is insane, the way they individually compliment the others is fantastic to watch. I don't know of any other 3 guys that have made such an amazing impact upon their debut in such a short amount of time.

I thought the crowd was kind of quiet up until the six man tag match. But it felt like they weren’t miced right.

And speaking of the six man, what a good match. Watched it again before going to bed and kept Raw on the DVR to watch it again.

I especially liked Seth Rollins. His selling to Bryan was great. And then taunting Undertaker and his reaction was so great.

Kerny
Review Grouper

Liked in: 0 post
Title: All-American American

Postby Kerny » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:22 pm

Tattooed Jesus wrote:So RAW from England was pretty damn good last night, especially because of the very vocal and entertaining crowd once again and the Undertaker/Hell No vs Shield match! So far this year the best matches of the year have been on RAW: Punk vs Cena and last nights Six Man match are my favorite matches of the year!

That 6 man tag was boss! The Undertaker going nuts at Rollins taunting was awesome

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum