Advertisement

Superman is more important than Lois Lane

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Re: Superman is more important than Lois Lane

Postby Punchy » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:31 pm

Keb wrote:That's not being a bully?

A dude blogging to a girl who agreed with Punchy.

Hey Punch, did you hit that?

Unfortunately, no.

It's crazy that someone would think I would bother to create a sockpuppet.

Advertisement

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:36 pm

Keb wrote:That's not being a bully?

No, that's insulting someone--which we've almost all done here in the forums occasionally. No one's even making Punchy read that, a response to something he wrote. (Except Keb by posting it here.) Bullying is using superior strength or influence to force a person to do what you want. But just because it's intimidating to have strangers insulting you and something you wrote on the internet doesn't mean you have to play the victim card.

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 545 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:39 pm

we probably shouldn't broaden the definition of bullying :lol:

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:40 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
No, that's insulting someone--which we've almost all done here in the forums occasionally. No one's even making Punchy read that, a response to something he wrote. (Except Keb by posting it here.) Bullying is using superior strength or influence to force a person to do what you want. But just because it's intimidating to have strangers insulting you and something you wrote on the internet doesn't mean you have to play the victim card.

I don't think I'm playing the victim card, but if I am, surely the people insulting me are playing it with much less good reason, I never personally insulted anyone! (in that article)

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1260 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:41 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:I'm not reading all this,

First of all, welcome back! :smt006

Secondly, I'm pretty sure "not reading" is exactly how most of this got started in the first place. :P
ImageImageImage

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:46 pm

Punchy wrote:
I don't think I'm playing the victim card, but if I am, surely the people insulting me are playing it with much less good reason, I never personally insulted anyone! (in that article)

Oh that was a more general "you" in a discussion of bullying or not bullying, to your credit I haven't seen you cede the superior strength to DCWKA by crying "bullies!" and acting victimized. I think you're being dogpiled on, but not really bullied. You're not 14 years old or emotionally frail, and you know the difference (I hope) between the internet and real life.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 412 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:13 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:

It's arguable but I actually feel like people are doing this to him. Obviously he's not buying into it but its not to say that others wouldn't.

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 45 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:14 pm

Grayson wrote:

Secondly, I'm pretty sure "not reading" is exactly how most of this got started in the first place. :P

Not sure he is back, but more of a pop-in visit. :(
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 45 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:14 pm

Grayson wrote:

Not sure he is back, but more of a pop-in visit. :(
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:37 pm

Keb wrote:It's arguable but I actually feel like people are doing this to him. Obviously he's not buying into it but its not to say that others wouldn't.

I dunno, it looks to me like there's no real sustained fury and it's all dying down already. His first OP-ED on it got hundreds of responses and reblogs or whatever. The follow-up "apology" got a pretty well-reasoned response from one of his main detractors (http://therearecertainshadesoflimelight ... erman-lois), and less than a dozen notes.

I think there's really very little left to get worked up about at this point, and I don't see signs of any campaigns of intimidation against him. People are allowed to respond to stuff like TUMBLR and call you shitlord or whatever. It's the internets. Everyone is someone's shitlord.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 303 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:42 pm

words fail me, those tumblr morons literally blew my mind.

it's seriously tempting me to start a tumblr account specifically designed to enrage fanboys in a parody manner. and that's the closest i'll ever get to ever making a tumblr.

3MJ

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby 3MJ » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:27 am

As someone who has met Punchy several times in real life I'd like to point some shit out.

First of all, Punchy is 100% sexist. I don't think he knows it, but some of the comments he come out with genuinely shocked me when I stayed at his house. While talking about his recent conquests he said something along the lines of(and this is a few years ago, so it won't be exactly right) "The bitches love it when you knock them about a bit during sex, really let's them know who is in control." You wouldn't expect it from someone who seemed so nice, but I think it's a deep rooted problem with him. The way he spoke about some of the female cosplayers was crazy.

Second of all, he may be way way WAY sexist, but he's a really nice person. On the way back from a night out once he stopped to buy a tramp (a female tramp no less) a Subway and gave her quite a considerable amount of money. He's always willing to lend a friend a hand and his room is really clean.

Finally, I don't think there is anything wrong with Punchy's sexism. He comes from a town in England where men are supposed to be rugged and masculine and I think at some way that is where he developed his sexist tendencies. He likes to pay for the dates, hold doors open for ladies and treats them exemplary. I honestly think that he see's women as these dainty innocent creatures that it's his duty to protect (and fuck).

SuperginraiX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 116 posts
Title: unpronounceable
Formerly: Sane

Postby SuperginraiX » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:14 am

Way, way, WAY back in the day, I was checking out colleges with my mom and uncle. We were all going into one of the college buildings and as I was going in the door, I noticed two people just a little ways off that were ALSO heading into the building. They were too close to just let the door go because then it just shuts in their face and you feel like a douche so I held the door open for them. That was my logic. "Don't be a douche."

Now, the two people happened to be women and they did not appreciate a guy holding a door open for them. "WE CAN OPEN DOORS FOR OURSELVES!" was their response.

And you can't win against that because you're approaching the situation from completely different perspectives. It hasn't changed how I approach that situation. If you're heading in a door and someone is close enough where the door's gonna shut right before they reach it, you hold the door. That just courtesy, male or female.

And as for those two women, screw them. They were dicks. I'd still hold the door for them, though. Their dickery shouldn't alter my actions.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:38 am

Jubilee wrote:As someone who has met Punchy several times in real life I'd like to point some shit out.

First of all, Punchy is 100% sexist. I don't think he knows it, but some of the comments he come out with genuinely shocked me when I stayed at his house. While talking about his recent conquests he said something along the lines of(and this is a few years ago, so it won't be exactly right) "The bitches love it when you knock them about a bit during sex, really let's them know who is in control." You wouldn't expect it from someone who seemed so nice, but I think it's a deep rooted problem with him. The way he spoke about some of the female cosplayers was crazy.

Second of all, he may be way way WAY sexist, but he's a really nice person. On the way back from a night out once he stopped to buy a tramp (a female tramp no less) a Subway and gave her quite a considerable amount of money. He's always willing to lend a friend a hand and his room is really clean.

Finally, I don't think there is anything wrong with Punchy's sexism. He comes from a town in England where men are supposed to be rugged and masculine and I think at some way that is where he developed his sexist tendencies. He likes to pay for the dates, hold doors open for ladies and treats them exemplary. I honestly think that he see's women as these dainty innocent creatures that it's his duty to protect (and fuck).

:lol:

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:44 am

Jubilee wrote:As someone who has met Punchy several times in real life I'd like to point some shit out.

I hate you.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand