Thursday, June 30, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Those who arrive survive. Maybe."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Iron Man 3 talk (spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:23 pm

Just saw it and I really have mixed feelings. RDJ once again steals the show as Tony Stark but.....

Extremis was extremely overpowered to the point where the enhanciles tearing armor apart like it's tissue paper. Either that or they massively depowered the armors so that the armor army scene was a little more leveled out.

And Iron Patriot was basically the biggest bitch of the movie, barely any action but Cheadle still put on a good performance.

So yeah...this will be a divisive one that's for sure but as the average moviegoer I enjoyed watching it and expect it to sell a ton of merchandise.

The origin of the Mandarin was a really good scene though. Will cause massive rage with the fanboys though which is doubly awesome :lol:

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:12 pm

Does it at least have a better climax than Iron Man 2?

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:30 pm

Zechs wrote:Does it at least have a better climax than Iron Man 2?

Yes. Till one scene near the end where (read at your own risk of being spoiled) Pepper saves the day which was pretty flat for me.

But the extent to which Extremis is so OP is ridiculous.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:31 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:
Yes. Till one scene near the end where (read at your own risk of being spoiled) Pepper saves the day which was pretty flat for me.

But the extent to which Extremis is so OP is ridiculous.

What's so wrong with that? Better then the usual damsel gets caught scenario.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:36 pm

Zechs wrote:
What's so wrong with that? Better then the usual damsel gets caught scenario.

she tears through an armor while she's hopped up on extremis (no rescue armor), puts on the remains of an arm and uses it to blast the movie's true villain with it. it's like extremis makes them absurdly powerful, not even ellis's extremis story where iron man gets his ass beat made him that powerful.

i dunno, it was really anticlimatic after the big fight scene where stark went through about 3-4 armors fighting him and when he looked beaten pepper comes in.

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:37 am

Post-credits scene?

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:05 am

syxxpakk wrote:Post-credits scene?

yep, nothing really big though just...turns out that stark's narration throughout this movie was really a therapy session with bruce banner who fell asleep as soon as it started :lol:

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:08 am

oh yeah, the opening music was a bit of a surprise to me, ACDC is gone and its replacement is a total 180. it's blue by eiffel 65.

Glacier16

cheese

Postby Glacier16 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:20 am

Sooooooo, is The Mandarin played by Kinsley really just a British actor and the real villain is Guy Pierce's character?

Schlemmer

Rain Partier

Postby Schlemmer » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:29 am

How did you see it already?

Unless you already said how in the spoilers....

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:24 am

What do you mean by "biggest bitch"?

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:37 am

Schlemmer wrote:How did you see it already?

Unless you already said how in the spoilers....

Snuts is in Australia... or... the FUTURE

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:53 am

fieldy snuts wrote:Just saw it and I really have mixed feelings. RDJ once again steals the show as Tony Stark but.....

Extremis was extremely overpowered to the point where the enhanciles tearing armor apart like it's tissue paper. Either that or they massively depowered the armors so that the armor army scene was a little more leveled out.

And Iron Patriot was basically the biggest bitch of the movie, barely any action but Cheadle still put on a good performance.

So yeah...this will be a divisive one that's for sure but as the average moviegoer I enjoyed watching it and expect it to sell a ton of merchandise.

The origin of the Mandarin was a really good scene though. Will cause massive rage with the fanboys though which is doubly awesome :lol:

I hate you. You saw it already.

But I appreciate the opinion on it. :-D

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:55 pm

So so good.

I'll have a review tomorrow.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:20 pm

sdsichero wrote:
Snuts is in Australia... or... the FUTURE