Advertisement

Geoff Johns Walks off Aquaman, John Ostrander Walks On?!

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 356 posts

Postby LOLtron » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:15 pm

DC's own Chief Creative Officer walked off a prominent book today, citing "a perfectly normal, pre-planned, one-month break."

Source: IGN

Controversy enveloped DC's offices today as Chief Creative Officer and prolific writer Geoff Johns announced that he would be stepping down from Aquaman for a pre-planned one-month break that is not in response to any kind of editorial interference. Johns declined to have a public meltdown on Twitter, and a bevy of his colleagues did not follow suit by walking out in the next several hours, resulting in no mass exodus from the comics publisher.

"We don't know how to handle this," said a bewildered Editor in Chief Bob Harras, scratching his head. "Here at DC, when a creator leaves a book, it always results in massive drama. We were totally unprepared for something like this."

So what is Geoff Johns hiding? Was DC planning to kill off Aquaman and replace him with a regular human character, offending the highly underserved fish-people minority group? Was Johns embroiled in a constant tug of war with himself, repeatedly submitting scripts as a writer only to demand massive editorial rewrites from himself as CCO? Did Geoff Johns quit the book in a show of support for the horrific treatment of legendary creators like Alan Moore by DC executives such as Geoff Johns?

"What? No, this is a planned break," Johns reportedly insisted. "I write like half of DC's books. I'm a busy man, fer chrissakes."

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuure Geoff. Just a normal, planned break. Riiiiiiiiggggghhhhhht.

Comics legend John Ostrander will handle the guest-writing chores on Aquaman #20. Johns will allegedly return the following month, but if he doesn't, we'll be sure to speculate and sensationalize the story with a followup report.

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1445 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: Geoff Johns Walks off Aquaman, John Ostrander Walks On?!

Postby Grayson » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:19 pm

:shock:

Holy crap! Geoff Johns got fired from Aquaman?!
ImageImageImage

GHERU

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 481 posts

Postby GHERU » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:23 pm

Grayson wrote::shock:

Holy crap! Geoff Johns got fired from Aquaman?!

:shock:
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 411 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:47 pm

Where is The Bass?
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Johnny Smith
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 179 posts
Title: Metadata Broker

Postby Johnny Smith » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:13 pm

New member of the Others? Cooool

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 872 posts
Title: Adventure is out there
Formerly: beta-ray

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 462 posts

Postby Draco x » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:04 am

I smell a rat-Oh, I meant to say I smell a fish.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 549 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:20 am

"In this issue, as the Scavenger compiles more Atlantean weaponry and artifacts, Aquaman enlists the aid of The Others to help find one missing relic in the Southwestern United States before his enemies can get to it." reads DC's announcement to retailers. "The issue also introduces a new member of the Others!"

Writer Geoff Johns confirmed the fill-in on twitter, stating that he and Pelletier will be back on the book with Aquaman #21, as well as giving fans a look at the new cover to #20.

"May's AQUAMAN #20 features the return of The Others in a story written by the great John Ostrander -- Paul and I will be back for issue #21! Those not familiar with John, he's one of the comic greats -- from Suicide Squad to The Spectre. Exciting to see him take on The Others. John has an excellent take on The Others, particularly The Operative, and he'll be introducing a new member to the team."

Cover to Aquaman #20
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 872 posts
Title: Adventure is out there
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:41 am

guitarsmashley wrote:Where is The Bass?

He's not taking it well.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 549 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri May 03, 2013 9:06 am

Click here for more details from a new interview at Newsarama:

Geoff Johns got in touch with me and I really like what he’s been doing with Aquaman. His editor, Brian Cunningham, also expressed a real interest in working with me. I haven’t played in the DCU for awhile, certainly not since the New 52 debuted, so it was a chance to jump in. And, let’s be honest, a paying gig is a paying gig, and that’s important these days.

The Others lost two of their members recently and their talismans need new owners. One shows up – a young Apache woman that we might term a shaman. Her name’s Sky.

Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand