Sunday, December 4, 2016 • Morning Edition • "The Outhousers of Earth Ugh"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Official Outhouse All Wrestling Thread!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:35 pm

One also has to wonder if Rock vs Cena is going to be the biggest money feud of all time? Three of five highest buyrate PPVs, two of the highest grossing...
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:37 pm

syxxpakk wrote:While agreed that success =/= quality, quality is subjective. I'm willing to bet you'll find just as many people happy with the show as you will unhappy. Sure I can come here and everyone hates it, I can go to THE BOARD which is probably more 50/50 on it, and there's probably a web site with a message board somewhere with people proclaiming it the best ever. For my money, the main events all delivered and saved the show. I loved it.


I don't know man, I just haven't seen many people defending this year's Wrestlemania. I'm sure that you're correct and there are people out there who did enjoy it, unfortunately I'm just haven't seen it. Most of the news sites and forums that I've visited since the event have all been pretty unanimous about their disappointment in the event. Honestly, I wouldn't say that Wrestlemania 29 was the worst Wrestlemania of all time, it was definitely better than say Wrestlemania XI, but it was far from the best. :smt102
User avatar

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:46 pm

Grayson wrote:
I don't know man, I just haven't seen many people defending this year's Wrestlemania. I'm sure that you're correct and there are people out there who did enjoy it, unfortunately I'm just haven't seen it. Most of the news sites and forums that I've visited since the event have all been pretty unanimous about their disappointment in the event. Honestly, I wouldn't say that Wrestlemania 29 was the worst Wrestlemania of all time, it was definitely better than say Wrestlemania XI, but it was far from the best. :smt102


But how many actual sites do you visit frequently? How many non-Internet smarks do you talking wrasslin' with? I've never made a claim otherwise: I like comic books, but wrasslin' is my thing. Every Tuesday during my homeroom class I would talk with a group of kids about what happened the night before. Doesn't happen as often since the WWE-hiatus started, but we talk. I also get together with a few colleagues and discuss it from time-to-time. All these people are the ones who when I ask "Do you watch TNA?" they give me weird looks like I'm talking porn. And I imagine if I drive to Warner Robins on Sunday to watch Rampage LIVE~! the white trash in the crowd would say they all loved it. On the flip side, if I drive to Portersdale a week from tomorrow and ask the people at the CHIKARA show what they thought of Wrestlemania, I'm probably going to get a whole bunch of "IT SUCKED~!" Heck, even on THE BOARD which might be the absolutely worst sanctum of pro wrestling fans ever, it's pretty 50/50 on liked it or didn't.
User avatar

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:52 pm

Here's a good example:

WWE WRESTLEMANIA PPV POLL RESULTS

Thumbs up 204 (33.9%)

Thumbs down 210 (34.9%)

In the middle 188 (31.2%)


That's from the Observer. Now the real thing is we could probably go somewhere like 411mania and get a "Thumbs up 20%" and a "Thumbs down 70%" with the in the middle being the remaining 10%. You could probably go somewhere like a WWE site poll (which attract more non-smarky types) and get a "Thumbs up 80%" and "Thumbs down 20%" and so forth and so on.
User avatar

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:54 pm

And all along, none of that proves anything because quality is subjective as said. MILLIONS of people think Michael Jackson is pretty great. Doesn't make it so. MILLIONS of people think Justin Bieber sucks. Doesn't make it so, either. It's all subjective.

kingbeavis

cheese

Postby kingbeavis » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:00 pm

I liked the 3 main matches, the Shield match, and Team Hell No vs Big E and Ziggy. Jericho vs Fandango wasn't terrible either.
User avatar

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:19 pm

syxxpakk wrote:Here's a good example:



That's from the Observer. Now the real thing is we could probably go somewhere like 411mania and get a "Thumbs up 20%" and a "Thumbs down 70%" with the in the middle being the remaining 10%. You could probably go somewhere like a WWE site poll (which attract more non-smarky types) and get a "Thumbs up 80%" and "Thumbs down 20%" and so forth and so on.


but....i thought the observer website WAS full of smarks :smt102
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:27 pm

syxxpakk wrote:But how many actual sites do you visit frequently? How many non-Internet smarks do you talking wrasslin' with? I've never made a claim otherwise: I like comic books, but wrasslin' is my thing. Every Tuesday during my homeroom class I would talk with a group of kids about what happened the night before. Doesn't happen as often since the WWE-hiatus started, but we talk. I also get together with a few colleagues and discuss it from time-to-time. All these people are the ones who when I ask "Do you watch TNA?" they give me weird looks like I'm talking porn. And I imagine if I drive to Warner Robins on Sunday to watch Rampage LIVE~! the white trash in the crowd would say they all loved it. On the flip side, if I drive to Portersdale a week from tomorrow and ask the people at the CHIKARA show what they thought of Wrestlemania, I'm probably going to get a whole bunch of "IT SUCKED~!" Heck, even on THE BOARD which might be the absolutely worst sanctum of pro wrestling fans ever, it's pretty 50/50 on liked it or didn't.


Even though I no longer live in the same area as my group that regularly got together for RAW and PPVs, we still keep in touch to discuss big events. Hell, if Wrestlemania 29 did one good thing, it was getting us all talking to each other at the same time. We haven't done that in years and it was good to talk like we used too. I will say that I am slightly embarrassed that one of my friends continues his routine of demanding a refund for PPVs that don't meet his expectations but that's another story. Honestly, I don't go to as many wrestling related websites as I used too but I still check a good number of them. During the Attitude Era, I used to frequent tons of wrestling related websites, hell I used to regularly write for one of them. Actually, you remind me quite a bit of a guy who used to write for the same website I did. He was a great guy and had some interesting input but he never made any room for anybody else to add their input. Of course, he was obsessed with Japanese wrestling and he was convinced that PRIDE would eventually dominate and swallow all other forms of wrestling and/or mixed marital arts...so, there's that.

None of this, however, has anything to do with my original point. I was simply pointing out the fact that it doesn't matter how much money Wrestlemania 29 made because it's not a proper gauge for how good the event was. Like I said, I am glad that I was talked out of getting it. I never once said that Wrestlemania 29 wasn't good. Just that the general consensus from what I have heard is that it was disappointing. Were the main events good? Yeah, they were entertaining but I've seen better. I'm glad that other people enjoyed Wrestlemania this year, I really am but I'll go on record as saying that Wrestlemania 29 will be one of those Wrestlemania's that just come and go and won't really make any lasting impression on anyone. Of course, this is all just my opinion, so take it or leave it.
User avatar

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:28 pm

Exactly. The point is you can probably go plenty of places and find different responses.
User avatar

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:30 pm

live crowd on this impact is eally shitting on the knockouts match :lol:
User avatar

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:06 pm

Grayson wrote:
Even though I no longer live in the same area as my group that regularly got together for RAW and PPVs, we still keep in touch to discuss big events. Hell, if Wrestlemania 29 did one good thing, it was getting us all talking to each other at the same time. We haven't done that in years and it was good to talk like we used too. I will say that I am slightly embarrassed that one of my friends continues his routine of demanding a refund for PPVs that don't meet his expectations but that's another story. Honestly, I don't go to as many wrestling related websites as I used too but I still check a good number of them. During the Attitude Era, I used to frequent tons of wrestling related websites, hell I used to regularly write for one of them. Actually, you remind me quite a bit of a guy who used to write for the same website I did. He was a great guy and had some interesting input but he never made any room for anybody else to add their input. Of course, he was obsessed with Japanese wrestling and he was convinced that PRIDE would eventually dominate and swallow all other forms of wrestling and/or mixed marital arts...so, there's that.

None of this, however, has anything to do with my original point. I was simply pointing out the fact that it doesn't matter how much money Wrestlemania 29 made because it's not a proper gauge for how good the event was. Like I said, I am glad that I was talked out of getting it. I never once said that Wrestlemania 29 wasn't good. Just that the general consensus from what I have heard is that it was disappointing. Were the main events good? Yeah, they were entertaining but I've seen better. I'm glad that other people enjoyed Wrestlemania this year, I really am but I'll go on record as saying that Wrestlemania 29 will be one of those Wrestlemania's that just come and go and won't really make any lasting impression on anyone. Of course, this is all just my opinion, so take it or leave it.


You realize you're just proving my point right? I'm not saying you're right or wrong about the quality. I'm saying you can go plenty of places and find plenty of different opinions about it. And please, I find you to be a really great guy so lets keep the small personal jabs out of it and save those for someone more deserving like Nacireman :D
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:12 pm

syxxpakk wrote:You realize you're just proving my point right? I'm not saying you're right or wrong about the quality. I'm saying you can go plenty of places and find plenty of different opinions about it. And please, I find you to be a really great guy so lets keep the small personal jabs out of it and save those for someone more deserving like Nacireman :D


I really wasn't trying to make a jab at you, you just remind me of a guy that I used to know. :P To this day, if I get a chance to play a wrestling video game, I still create a wrestler and name him after a ridiculous name that he came up with just for shits and giggles...good times! :drunk
User avatar

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:36 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:live crowd on this impact is eally shitting on the knockouts match :lol:


You mean the Hulk Hogan Show? :roll:

Kaz and Daniels trying to get Fortune back together was fun.
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:18 pm

User avatar

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:51 pm

WWE star Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson told his Twitter followers that he may have worked his last match. "Mania may have been my last match," Rock wrote in a Q&A session. "The three-year goal was to come in and elevate the WWE, then proudly do the honors."

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], Google [Bot], TheLurker and 31 guests