Advertisement

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in Avengers 2?

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

troysshr
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 426 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in Avengers 2?

Postby troysshr » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:43 am

Maybe, but this is really all speculation from red carpet ramblings:

http://www.newsarama.com/film/joss-whed ... arpet.html

While this would be awesome and I hope it's those two that he's talking about I don't want to get my hopes up to high just yet. Would be interesting though to see how Whedon would handle these characters.
ImageImageImage

Advertisement

Chesscub
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 6 posts
Title: Bear du jour

Re: Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in Avengers 2?

Postby Chesscub » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:43 am

Tattooed Jesus wrote:Maybe, but this is really all speculation from red carpet ramblings:

http://www.newsarama.com/film/joss-whed ... arpet.html

While this would be awesome and I hope it's those two that he's talking about I don't want to get my hopes up to high just yet. Would be interesting though to see how Whedon would handle these characters.

Just so they don't go the Ultimates route where incest was best.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 323 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:52 am

you beat me to that joke

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 320 posts

Postby Draco x » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:50 pm

I would rather they appear in the X-Men as part of Magneto's brotherhood before going to the Avengers.

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 432 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:58 pm

why?

They've spent a vast majority of their publication history as Avengers characters, it's where they work best.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:24 pm

Rockman wrote:why?

They've spent a vast majority of their publication history as Avengers characters, it's where they work best.

But you can't overlook the Magneto connection and given the fact that Magneto movie wise is not a Disney property that's going to be an issue. However, if Disney and Fox were to do an Avengers meet X-Men film this could be overcome.

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Rockman » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:30 pm

I don't care that much about Magneto connection.

most of their origin would have to be retooled anyways, I'm not sure you could work in the whole raised by a cow thing.

Just say they are the children of a terrorist leader, and they are seeking redemption for their part by assisting SHIELD where permitted.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:38 pm

Rockman wrote:I don't care that much about Magneto connection.

most of their origin would have to be retooled anyways, I'm not sure you could work in the whole raised by a cow thing.

Just say they are the children of a terrorist leader, and they are seeking redemption for their part by assisting SHIELD where permitted.

You may not care for that but others might. In all their media incarnations, Pietro and Wanda's connection to Magneto( With the exception of the 90's Iron Man cartoon with Wanda on Force Works or Avengers: United They Stand one as well) is always been important. If they do have Wanda and Pietro appear in Avengers 2, it would be interesting to see how they pull it off though.

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Rockman » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:46 pm

other's might be upset that Cyclops father isn't revealed to Corsair in the movies too. But they still chose not to waste screen time on it to placate them.

We also didn't see Hawkguy as a circus archer or a criminal.

Some characters origins need to be streamlined, and I for one think Marvel will do a better interpretation of these characters than FOX, so if it means we don't get to see the magneto connection, well I can live with that.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 993 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:56 pm

Nevermind, my question was answered in another thread.
Last edited by Grayson on Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Agent Panic
crash test dummy

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Stranger Danger

Postby Agent Panic » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:59 pm

draco x wrote:
You may not care for that but others might. In all their media incarnations, Pietro and Wanda's connection to Magneto( With the exception of the 90's Iron Man cartoon with Wanda on Force Works or Avengers: United They Stand one as well) is always been important. If they do have Wanda and Pietro appear in Avengers 2, it would be interesting to see how they pull it off though.

I remember reading something that stated how the deal that was made was Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver could be part of the Marvel Studios movies if they have no ties to the X-men, including Magneto or the Brotherhood. They can be Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver of the Avengers, only.
Do you know what the most frightening thing in the world is?
It's fear.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:01 pm

Rockman wrote:other's might be upset that Cyclops father isn't revealed to Corsair in the movies too. But they still chose not to waste screen time on it to placate them.

We also didn't see Hawkguy as a circus archer or a criminal.

Some characters origins need to be streamlined, and I for one think Marvel will do a better interpretation of these characters than FOX, so if it means we don't get to see the magneto connection, well I can live with that.

Which again boils down to personal opinion. Some will want to see the Magneto connection while others may not.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:04 pm

Agent Panic wrote:
I remember reading something that stated how the deal that was made was Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver could be part of the Marvel Studios movies if they have no ties to the X-men, including Magneto or the Brotherhood. They can be Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver of the Avengers, only.

Wasn't aware of that deal myself. I wish that Fox and Disney would work together to give us a good X-Men/ Avengers movie though.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum